• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your mirror image. Is it really you?

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Never been an issue for me. We construct our sense of self anyways :)
I agree. Our self-image is different than our reflection is different than how we really look. But we are a reflection of those things that influence the construction of that image.

Audie

Veteran Member
I am happy to see you back. How are you?

Homework. I'll run the experiment and let you know. I'll try RADAR too.

What if we see a good approximation of other things, but only a poor approximation of ourselves? How would we know?

Thanks. I thought i was excommunicated for good coz i cant seem to behave myself.

A lot has changed for me, not much prospect
of moving to Canada now. But its ok home is home.

I routinely underestimate my potential to be
Ms Hong Kong so i think you are right about how we see ourselves.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. I thought i was excommunicated for good coz i cant seem to behave myself.

A lot has changed for me, not much prospect
of moving to Canada now. But its ok home is home.

I routinely underestimate my potential to be
Ms Hong Kong so i think you are right about how we see ourselves.
However it may be, I am glad you are back. I can think of a handful of one liners appropriate to the topic of this thread, but I'll abstain from posting them. Corny is a reflection in one mirror I look into.

Canada's loss is Hong Kong's gain.

When there is time, perhaps we can chat. No hurry.

Mirrors, lens, images, shadows, how we see ourselves, the use of evidence and belief are things that have always interested me. Even the words on these forums are a reflection of ourselves. Or an aspect of ourselves. Our choice of avatar is a reflection on us.

Audie

Veteran Member
Then I am good. Gluten doesn't bother me and I am pro-GMO.

I hsevs jsr of glutrn to ho eith wholevwhest glour
However it may be, I am glad you are back. I can think of a handful of one liners appropriate to the topic of this thread, but I'll abstain from posting them. Corny is a reflection in one mirror I look into.

Canada's loss is Hong Kong's gain.

When there is time, perhaps we can chat. No hurry.

Mirrors, lens, images, shadows, how we see ourselves, the use of evidence and belief are things that have always interested me. Even the words on these forums are a reflection of ourselves. Or an aspect of ourselves. Our choice of avatar is a reflection on us.

That is my portrait

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Was gonna say the same, minus the technical part :) but adding that our faces are naturally asymmetrical. Even the most beautifully symmetrical face cannot be completely symmetrical. Although I can't speak for the selfie generation, I rarely like photos of myself because they don't look like what I see in the mirror. I'm used to my face being reversed, and when I see it as others see it, it doesn't feel like me at all.
Yes, I have seen demonstrations that show that a perfectly symmetrical face is not attractive, curiously.

Shadow11

If you look at attractive people you will see their faces are symmetrical both sides of their face are the same its when they don't match its consider unattractive they more it doesn't match the less its considered attractive.Symmetry is considered beauty.Its what plastic surgeons do make the face symmetrical

Audie

Veteran Member
I like Plugra butter and whole wheat bread. Not frequently though. The added gluten maintains the breads structure.

Really? You look lovely. A reflection on you and the artist.

First lines were me trying text on a trolley.
im no good at it.

Avatar is from imternet. I look sorta like that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
First lines were me trying text on a trolley.
im no good at it.

Avatar is from imternet. I look sorta like that.
I thought maybe it was some sort of coded word puzzle. If I was smart enough, the meaning would be revealed. LOL

Mine too. I am not really a rabbit.