• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your midwinter Celebration!

What will you be celebrating this mid-winter? (Multi-options available)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evee

Sure...it's not NO god, it's just...G-d without Jesus. Think they'd go for it?
I dunno about most Jews, but it's not traditional for the Jews I know to give presents. We get chocolate money, though, and tasty food! And I knew lots of kids growing up who didn't go to school. It was like an extra week of winter break. (Lucky bums.)

kai

ragamuffin
I voted secular Christmas but its kind of morphed into an unbeleiving christmas thingy, the kids are in nativity plays at school etc ( i have no problem with that they also learn about other religions and festivals)we have trees trimmings and presents , I wouldnt have it any other way or call it anything else than "Christmas" i love it.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Jews don't give each other presents!?! O_O I think I'll not even try to turn them Jewish then... Maybe I'll just try to get my mom to extend Christmas. We had two thanksgivings this year. We did ours on wednesday and went to my grandparents' house on thursday. That was fun. My grandpa makes delicious noodles.

gzusfrk

Christian
I've heard it called alot of things to get around calling it christmas, midwinter celebration is different1

blackout

Violet.
One year I named it X-Mass...

as in ...

No More
Nothing of the "Masses"
and
No More "Mass"
(as in the roman catholic kind)
lol

Now we just do, or don't do,
whatever we do or don't do.

We each have our own little colored tree to do
or not do... whatever we want with.

This year X-mass means
No-Money.
(translated... no presents)
Last year X-Mass
meant no nothing at all.
The year before we had fun with a white tree
and a few presents.

Holidays usually wind up ...
well... not fun... in my house.

It's nicer if me and the kids just go to my dad's.

Unless ofcourse, "everyone" (in my house) is working.
Which is just fine by me.

Is there something to celebrate?
(I must have missed the memo)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Holidays are a little weird around here still, since my dad's not here anymore. It's getting more where we know that's just the way it is, but it's never going to be the same. We do stuff a little different sometimes now. My dad always put the angel on top of our christmas tree, and last year no one else wanted to be the one to put it up there, so we just didn't have it there at all. This year she's up there though. :D My older sister and I make a point to try to make the tree look silly. We buy massive ugly ornaments on purpose. :D I tied giant ribbons to it, but I think those actually look really pretty. Not on purpose though.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I will be very drunk on and around Yule. I spend 3 months at work and I come home for a week. I am not allowed to drink at work. That means I have a week to make up for lost time. :drunk: