• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your least favorite restaurant

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm going with McDonalds. I worked there. Hated it!

I don't know why it's so popular on every continent cept for Antarctica. It's just depressing and unhealthy imo

Earthling

David Henson

I don't know why it's so popular on every continent cept for Antarctica. It's just depressing and unhealthy imo

Salt and grease, that's all it is. I can't imagine working there. I worked at an Arbys when I got out of high school, but it was a really slow pace, not much traffic. I used to love the McDonalds big and tasty, it was nearly as good as the Burger King's whopper. The best hamburger in the known universe.

I used to hate Kentucky Fried Chicken, though I love their livers and can eat it nowadays if it isn't dripping with grease.

I don't often eat out so my opinion isn't very relative here, if I had to say I would say KFC. Although I remember Burger Chef when I was a kid and the ones I went to were just awful! Although I don't recall the build it yourself bar in the commercial below.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Not to mention they just plain rip you off.

You can literally take a flashlight and shine light through their burgers because they're so thin. And they have the gall to charge around ten bucks for a combo meal?

Twilight Hue

Kentucky Fried Chicken used to be one of my favorites until the restaurants themselves started getting the reputation of being horrendously unclean, hideously greasy, and a major employer of felons out of prison who literally break every Health law on the books when it comes to maintaining clean sanitized kitchens and the general area of the restaurant as well.

The food doesn't even taste right anymore. A huge change from the 70s when it was the most delicious thing around. Now I consider their chicken to be waste products recycled.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Chuck e cheese.

Ronald McDonald really creeps me out; I've never liked clowns ever since one of my childhood friend's had a birthday party with Pogo the clown. I knew there wasn't something quite right about this character.

hqdefault.jpg

7ef4d56beef484b37fe7d5657ebfd4f4.jpg

Last edited:

Jumi

Took the words out of my mouth. The food is consistently terrible, but popular. They've become a bit healthier than they used to though, but once you hit bottom the only way is up. :)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Chuck e cheese is my least favorite restaurant. Their pizza tastes like how I'd imagine cardboard would taste. Their ball pit smells like urine. The boy's bathroom has poop smeared all over the walls. Half the toilets are clogged up, and there's no toilet paper left on the reels. Everybody in the family gets the runs after dining there. Flies reign supreme in this place. There's lots of screaming or crying kids running around this place; this is really annoying.
I just wanna punch out every member of Munch's Make Believe Band right in each one of their faces.

ChuckECheeseSucks.png

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Chuck e cheese.

Ronald McDonald really creeps me out; I've never liked clowns ever since one of my childhood friend's had a birthday party with Pogo the clown. I knew there wasn't something quite right about this character.

hqdefault.jpg

7ef4d56beef484b37fe7d5657ebfd4f4.jpg
I'd still take that over than the bizarre freak they have for the Burger King mascot.

It was at least it was at least a little bit better in the old days...

Um..at least I think so...

exchemist

Veteran Member

Garfunkel's. A truly crap chain, to be found at airports all over the UK. And maybe elsewhere, I don't know.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Denny's.

My typical visit consists of being seated by an indifferent hostess, waiting 5 minutes, getting water, enjoying my water for about 20 minutes, and getting up and leaving.

Alternately, it's a great place to go if you're thirsty and don't want to spend money.

Earthling

David Henson
You know what ? I'm willing to bet in my area this is exactly what KFCs are doing. The chicken there tastes so strange, funky, and bad it raised my suspicions of what they were doing inside the restaurant. I stopped going when I really got sick one day and never went back there again.

KFC employees expose nasty back of house practices at one branch

When I worked at Arbys the uh . . . I don't remember what his title was, one of the middle big wigs, the branch or district representative . . . made us put a 5 gallon plastic bucket by the slicer, and if a slab of meat fell off of the slicer and onto the floor we were to pick it up, wash it off and use it later for make their BBQ sandwich. (3 ounces of sliced roast beef cut up and mixed with their BBQ sauce, portioned, refrigerated and then microwaved when ordered) So we would have all of these scraps and cut them up to mix the stuff. Well, I refused and he could tell that we were wasting too much beef so one time he sit and watched until I had mixed a day's worth and refrigerated it. I knew I would just get it out and throw it away after he was gone. The manager at the time did throw it away before I got to it. The guy wasn't out of the parking lot yet.

I went through two managers there and to their credit neither of them would enforce this rule the big wigs in the corporation were adamant about and everyone I knew who worked back line (slicer) were repulsed at and refused so long as one of the big wigs wasn't there.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I dont consider fast food joints to be restaurants no matter how they name themselves

My least favourite, no names given, is a 2 Michelin star place close to home. It was one of my faves, we ate there at least once a month. The green tea soup is amazing and the beef stew is to die for. (8 ounces of ribeye steak stewed in red wine with seasonal veg for 8 hours)

However, why it plummeted is, our daughter is a vegetarian. Last time we went the waiter was informed of our dietary requirements. Our daughter ordered a green salad to start. It arrived topped off with a generous helping of foie gras.

The waiter was told of his error, he shrugged and walked away... So did we, not been back.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We don't eat out much except when traveling, for convenience. Two things have aided in this life long decision. One is food poisoning. (Twice) The other is delivering to the back door. That will turn you off many of even the best of restaurants. There is one at a high end hotel in my city that was truly amazing. Filthy filthy place.