• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your kitty could get infected with Covid-19

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But is it advisable to not pet another owner's dog or cat right now because the virus could live on their fur, if the owner is a carrier? I had to look this up after without thinking about it, I was petting my neighbor's dog the other night. Probably not so much so, according to this article, but still..... better not to I think. That's hard to do when dogs come up to you wanting attention. ;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/03/18/coronavirus-dogs-pets/

Rational Agnostic

"But scientists say it’s unclear whether felines can spread the virus to people so pet-owners need not panic yet."

Coronavirus can infect cats — dogs not so much

:cat:

Amazing how people don't read their own links.

From your article:

"The results are based on lab experiments in which a small number of animals were deliberately infected with high doses of the virus, SARS-CoV-2, and do not represent real-life interactions between people and their pets, says virologist Linda Saif at The Ohio State University in Columbus."

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But is it advisable to not pet another owner's dog or cat right now because the virus could live on their fur, if the owner is a carrier? I had to look this up after without thinking about it, I was petting my neighbor's dog the other night. Probably not so much so, according to this article, but still..... better not to I think. That's hard to do when dogs come up to you wanting attention. ;)

The cat of my neighbor must have heard of Prime Minister talking about social distancing. Afterwards the cat keeps like 1 meter now. And he does not let me touch her anymore. Great how some animals act intuitively in the right way. They have amazing instincts, and listen to it.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Amazing how people don't read their own links.

From your article:

"The results are based on lab experiments in which a small number of animals were deliberately infected with high doses of the virus, SARS-CoV-2, and do not represent real-life interactions between people and their pets, says virologist Linda Saif at The Ohio State University in Columbus."

I had already read the whole article, but thanks.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

:sob:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Luckily, we only have dogs.

I'd prefer cats, but I've got three dogs. Doug and his mom are dog people. I just do as I'm told
and vent on RF.
Tom