• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your honest-to-goodness feelings on atheists.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Atheism to me is somewhat of a mixed bag of feelings. When I left Islam it obviously struck me like a 40 pound steel ingot flying at mach 3 to my head. If there was no Allah or Jesus then there just may not be a god at all and that to me was a logical conclusion. I kept toiling around with the notions of god until I tried reinventing my faith in such a thing and just quit.

A couple of years as an atheists and I could not bear it anymore. I always looked at atheists as very miserable people and when I became one I was that one outcast who could never take an atheist seriously. I was not ashamed of having no belief in a god I was ashamed that to me every atheists seemed like a guaranteed turd in the punch bowl when it came to an intellectual discussion. I could not take essentially 99% of the secondary characteristics that became implanted within Atheism and formulated into a movement that otherwise should not exist.

So after I left this hellhole of a non-ideology I just went back to being a theist in short because my arguments to justify atheism were entirely spent.

In short I find atheists to be a very annoying bunch of hyper emotional buffoons who corrupt the sanctity of life and show little to no moral excellence at a higher average than the religious.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I can't say I understand what you mean, @Sha'irullah , but I am sorry that you have suffered.

I distinctly remember chatting about atheism with you years ago. You were a major push for me becoming an atheist I should add :D. I am not denying how good I felt and how relieved I became in such a quick moment.

taykair

How do I feel about atheists? The same as I do about any other group of people:

1. There is usually more diversity within a group than anyone within that group would acknowledge.

2. People within a group have more in common with those outside their group than any of them would admit.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Atheism to me is somewhat of a mixed bag of feelings. When I left Islam it obviously struck me like a 40 pound steel ingot flying at mach 3 to my head. If there was no Allah or Jesus then there just may not be a god at all and that to me was a logical conclusion. I kept toiling around with the notions of god until I tried reinventing my faith in such a thing and just quit.

A couple of years as an atheists and I could not bear it anymore. I always looked at atheists as very miserable people and when I became one I was that one outcast who could never take an atheist seriously. I was not ashamed of having no belief in a god I was ashamed that to me every atheists seemed like a guaranteed turd in the punch bowl when it came to an intellectual discussion. I could not take essentially 99% of the secondary characteristics that became implanted within Atheism and formulated into a movement that otherwise should not exist.

So after I left this hellhole of a non-ideology I just went back to being a theist in short because my arguments to justify atheism were entirely spent.

In short I find atheists to be a very annoying bunch of hyper emotional buffoons who corrupt the sanctity of life and show little to no moral excellence at a higher average than the religious.

Well when you really look at it the only miserable person is yourself. What I mean by that is not intended as accusatory, but rather you make yourself out to be these things. It's something I find I even I struggle with even knowing that. So I try to focus and concentrate best I can.

I left theism because I just couldn't do it anymore, and while you get these boisterous and intense debates and exchanges, I've always felt the actual truth as to the state of things are best revealed without any human input whatsoever to muddle up the actuality surrounding mankind or humankind as you prefer. So I leave nature and the universe to provide the existential answers.

People get over the top an overly into things. It's just the nature of the Beast. There's a tendency to enjoy the Roaring and beating of the chest. Primate Heaven I suppose.

Theism atheism really won't and doesn't make much of a difference in an ultimate sense because the world and universe will continue on regardless of our opinions, arguments, debates, and xcetera.

Maybe the gods are crazy and I have a bottle to throw off the edge of the world. :0)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Well when you really look at it the only miserable person is yourself. What I mean by that is not intended as accusatory, but rather you make yourself out to be these things. It's something I find I even I struggle with even knowing that. So I try to focus and concentrate best I can.

Well DUH!

I by no means ever meant to fit into any group or label and have always remained a constant outcast in everything I do. I value things that often seemed human yet people treat them inhumanely.

I left theism because I just couldn't do it anymore, and while you get these boisterous and intense debates and exchanges, I've always felt the actual truth as to the state of things are best revealed without any human input whatsoever to muddle up the actuality surrounding mankind or humankind as you prefer. So I leave nature and the universe to provide the existential answers.

People get over the top an overly into things. It's just the nature of the Beast. There's a tendency to enjoy the Roaring and beating of the chest. Primate Heaven I suppose.

Theism atheism really won't and doesn't make much of a difference in an ultimate sense because the world and universe will continue on regardless of our opinions, arguments, debates, and xcetera.

Maybe the gods are crazy and I have a bottle to throw off the edge of the world. :0)

To me this just raises the inevitable pointlessness of the truth of claims at both ends. If a god does or does not exist it may not change much in the shape of humanity but at the same time history has shown the opposite. Sure the future may change and the importance of religion may become dismal but I cannot help but think otherwise. If anything I would have to disagree with you and say that if anything akin to a god does exist it would only dramatically change our lives and how we develop morals.