• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Hobbies

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
So I know that everybody fills in their hobbies when they sign up and stuff, but I don't have time to check everybody's!!! So what are your hobbies, and why do you enjoy them? I thought this thread would help us get to know each other even better.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I love music...listening to it and singing!

I also enjoy the volunteer opportunities that my job provides.

I'm also a cosmetic enthusiast and I am a consultant for a popular cosmetic company. I do this only because it's so much fun!

I also also enjoy attending "scrap" parties (scrapbooking) but my other hobbies leave me with very little time for this one.

I'm also a Mommy to two little girls...so they alone keep me very busy.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Music, as well! I play guitar, and write my own songs. Poetry is also a big part of my life. I love hiking and camping, and just being close to nature in general.

I'm also very much into the martial arts, though haven't officially practiced in years.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I like theatre a lot, and I'm working on a play right now called Broadway Lullaby.

Writing is a passion for me, and there's never a time when I'm not working on at least one short story or short novel.

I began fancy shawl dancing a few months ago, and that is also a passion for me. It is a real workout! I'm not really sure how to describe it, I'll link you to a YouTube video instead! Eventually...

I'm in geneology club at school, and I love to learn about my ancestors. I feel like it helps me figure out who I am.

Public speaking and debate is another hobby, and I love attending Model United nations and Youth Legislature every year, which is basically where you yell at people your own age about current politics.

Those are the only hobbies I can think of right now, although sleeping and chocolate-eating are also high up on the list. :D

jacquie4000

I love music and playing piano.
I love to read.
Of course being on RF.
Dirtbiking with my son.
I enjoy drawing to relax.
I love to just enjoy life.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Fancy shawl dancing? Is that like 'fancydancing', or something different? (You can see I'm kind of clueless!)

Writing is my main hobby. I used to draw to relax, but it seems like some part of me has overwhelmed the enjoyment of it with frustration over how I want things to look.

I've started attempting sumi-e, both painting and calligraphy. I love it because it takes on the feel of a form of meditation.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Fancy shawl dancing? Is that like 'fancydancing', or something different? (You can see I'm kind of clueless!)

Umm, I'm not really sure. Fancy Shawl dancing is a type of American Indian powwow dance. There is a Fancy Dance, too, but that is for the men. If you were talking about that fancy dancing, then yes, Fancy Shawl Dancing is kind of the women's version of the men's fancy dance. I posted a video. :)

Writing is my main hobby. I used to draw to relax, but it seems like some part of me has overwhelmed the enjoyment of it with frustration over how I want things to look.

I've started attempting sumi-e, both painting and calligraphy. I love it because it takes on the feel of a form of meditation.

Wow, we have lots of writers on here it seems! Calligraphy is very cool stuff, I would love to learn how! So beautiful.

jacquie4000

That looks neat. I will have to look up some more on that. I draw alot to relax I do everything in black and white. I have always liked it that way, why I do not know.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ah, yes, Starlight! (It's going to take me a bit to get used to your new name!) I'd only heard of males describing the dance, so that could explain why I didn't recognize it by its other name. Thanks for the link!

Jacquie, if I may ask, what do you tend to draw? (Animals, scenery, random things?) It would be interesting to know!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Ah, yes, Starlight! (It's going to take me a bit to get used to your new name!) I'd only heard of males describing the dance, so that could explain why I didn't recognize it by its other name. Thanks for the link!

You're welcome! It's the newest kind of powwow dance, so that may be a reason as well.

lizskid

BANNED
I collect music, depression glass and take classes.
I also make glass beads because I love the texture and process....I am wishing I had a place closer that I could do some fusing and blowing of glass, too.
I do home improvement projects, and not just little ones...my latest are that I built my studio and insulated the barn. I love the sense of accomplishment and being able to "do" stuff.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think you're the 'craftiest' person I know, Lizskid! I'd almost forgotten how much I love glass beading. I've only been able to do it a few times, but it was so much fun!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I collect music, depression glass and take classes.
I also make glass beads because I love the texture and process....I am wishing I had a place closer that I could do some fusing and blowing of glass, too.
I do home improvement projects, and not just little ones...my latest are that I built my studio and insulated the barn. I love the sense of accomplishment and being able to "do" stuff.

Wow, glass beads, huh? That is totally AWESOME! Now I wanna go learn how!

jacquie4000

animals and people mostly I love to due character drawlings. not cartoons but real people in black and white but exaggerated.

evearael

I love knitting! I've made everything from sweaters to a toy penguin. :) I also crochet, but I've only made oversized blankets with it. I am getting a sewing machine in the next month or so and plan on making my own clothing (because I'm frustrated with the poor selection and worse quality of most stores) and I may pick up quilting. I love reading and listening to music... the later being much easier to fit into my day while chasing after my toddler.

jacquie4000

I will have to scan you one when I get my new scanner fax and printer tomorrow. I have a great one of my son. He used to have really short hair. He has really curly hair and he let in grow into this afro. I did a really funny drawling with it. He loved it.

lizskid

BANNED
smoky*mountain*starlight said:
Wow, glass beads, huh? That is totally AWESOME! Now I wanna go learn how!

It is fun. You take some moretti rod, a propylene torch and a kiln and have at it. Sometimes the glass wants to do it's own thing, and you just have to let it!!! Come on over! Meggie and I are going to do a beading day some day soon!