• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Having My Baby? 70's love songs

Riders

I watched a stupid MYV show judging love songs of the 70s worse to best. You're Having My Baby came out as number one stupidest worse song ever written in the 70s. The hosts were sitting around laughing at it saying how stupid it was.

I have no idea where they got that idea, But I have always liked the song since I was a kid!

Riders

Take note that this song was popular at a time when Roe V. Wade had just happened. Part of the words say You didn't have to keep it couldn't put you through it you could have swept it from your life but you just couldn't do it. To me, I think this may be a reaction in part to the Roe V. Wade or I wonder if it is.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched a stupid MYV show judging love songs of the 70s worse to best. You're Having My Baby came out as number one stupidest worse song ever written in the 70s. The hosts were sitting around laughing at it saying how stupid it was.

I have no idea where they got that idea, But I have always liked the song since I was a kid!

I remember that song. Not my favorite, but not the worst I ever heard.

As for silly love songs of the 70s, there's this one:

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

I adore "Your Song" although was probably written for a guy, just like "Nikita" was. Well, music transcends such "attributions". :hugehug:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Oh dont worry, lol. There are tons of stupid songs that I like. *Grin*

Here's a few.....

First is Stenjo. Although as a disclaimer it was a parody to begin with but it is so damn catchy.

The other one was a song from the movie Kevin & Perry ...

Shaul

Premium Member
Any list of the worst love songs of the 70s would have to mention “Muskrat Love” by the Captain and Tenille. A song whose lyrics include rodents twirling and tangoing and with faux sound effects of muskrats romantically cavorting. Yikes!

Riders

Any list of the worst love songs of the 70s would have to mention “Muskrat Love” by the Captain and Tenille. A song whose lyrics include rodents twirling and tangoing and with faux sound effects of muskrats romantically cavorting. Yikes!

LOL I still like the song yea I know it made worst song list too LOL. At the time it was a hit though.

Riders

I love Paul Mccartney and WIngs! He's 76 and still playing!
I like watching Linda and Paul together in this video.