• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Happiness

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I also managed to put a hole right through a mattress in ~6 months. Lol. My current chair needs reupholstering.

I turn furniture colors... My hair is always some unnatural color, and I'm not always too attentive to getting all the reside rinsed out when I do touch ups. You can tell where I sit/sleep, because the back of it tends to turn whatever color my hair is.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
This discussion comes from the idea that having money, possessions etc. won't make you and keep you happy. The idea that, fundamentally, human happiness cannot be sustained for long. It is with this in mind that I ask this.

What would the state have to take away from you to make you feel as though you could not live your life at the basic level needed for your own sustained happiness (or perhaps comfortability - I'm letting you use your own definition for 'happiness')?

I'm not talking about basics for life such as money or food or taking away your children; I'm talking about something that is so intrinsic to your life that you feel you could not exist or would not want to exist without it.

I think that the proper answer to me would be: being forced to do things to the point I have no time of my own.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes, he's autistic. He's also named Ares, and he lives up to the name to the extent I once read a description of the god Ares out of a book and asked my dad(without telling him where the passage came from) to ask who this just described. "Well, your son, of course." His physical strength is quite impressive(he's moved my piano, and pulled me in a wagon while I was pregnant), but he can accomplish acts that other kids his age can't. Sometimes that is helpful, sometimes its detrimental.

My oldest one is also on the spectrum, more on the Asperger's end of things. He wasn't as destructive(at least not intentionally), but he wasn't/isn't always bodily aware, and tended to tear up furniture through his inability to sit. I remember him bouncing on a chair(not being aware he was bouncing) and falling right through the bottom of it.

The youngest is not on the spectrum(how weird for me!), but takes the cues of the 7 year old. He's easier to stop, though.
Well, I don't know whether to laugh or commiserate! I should think that would just about finish me off.