• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Goddess - Your story?

Athena Plato

"Who do you say I am?"
I would like to hear about your choice of Goddess and your story which lead you to Her?

For example:

• Perhaps you were brought up with a male God in mind, I wonder if the transition to thinking Female was easy or difficult, for example?
  • What makes you sure of Her? How do you experience Her worship?
  • What about talking about Her with your family, work colleague or friends? Is it open or something private?
  • Anything else to share?

I know this is in Neogpagan DIR, but I would like to encourage replies those from other religious denominations, worshipping Godesses specifically, please.

The_Birth_of_Venus_by_William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1879).jpg

After a Battle of the Gods in Heaven over the Ownership of Earth, The Victorious Council of the Twelve Olympians seated on Mount Olympus, Led by Zeus and His favorite daughter Athena, Formed the Heaven and Earth Company. The Gods like shepherds ruling sheep; divided their Human flocks and raised them as nurslings and possessions; with laws that no Tribe could war on another, and if any tried, the rest would come to the aid of the besieged. “At first they were sober, valuing virtue (divine goods) above wealth (human goods), but eventually their divine kinship was diluted by merely human.” A Tribe (of Atlanteans) declared war on the other Tribes, even the Athenians ruled by Athena! The Atlanteans led by Poseidon, (God of the Sea) were given their laws; in contrast to Athena’s Athenians led by love, wisdom and their own reasoning. To bring about Peace, Athena proposed a contest of wisdom. Poseidon struck His specter against a mountain and a beautiful stream appeared! But undrinkable! Athena pierced Earth (Gaia) with Her spear and planted an Olive Tree † That could live thousands and thousands of years; and be used for anointing, currency, cooking, cosmetics, cures, food, fire, fuel, funerals, hair, heat, lanterns, light, lubricant, moisturizer, potions, perfume, sight, stoves, trade, and more! Poseidon’s Salt Water was useless! Athena’s Sacred Olive Tree Signified Peace and Prosperity! Athena won the Argument.

But, She Lost the Island of Atlantis and Atlanteans in the Atlantic.

“It would be fitting for us to recall this to pay back our debt to you at the same time, justly and truthfully to praise the Goddess during her festival as if we were singing her hymn.” ---Critias, Plato, Lost Island of Atlantis.

According to Ancestral Custom, Women banded together and seized the opportunity to hatch a Plot to Overthrow Male Domination: One Story passed down through the Ages “Orally” was the Celebration always began and ended with sharing Athena’s Victory of Atlantis and a Revelation; There’s only One God! She’s wise, kind, loving and understanding. Prefers to resolve disputes with contests as opposed to war, and slow to anger, but when aroused can bring great wrath and destruction and never loses a Battle! She created Aphrodite, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, all the other Gods and Humans to keep Her Company. Before She Lost Atlantis (Blamed Pandora), She took the Form of “the Old Man of the Sea” and found One ‘Good’ Atlantean (or several) and told Him (or them) to Build an Ark (or use the Boats they had) to survive the Earthquakes, Eruptions and Floods and when “it is finished” to Birth a New Tribe of Good Men! If, they proved to be Good again, She would plant another Sacred Olive Tree in a Promised Land! On the condition, “they shall not see Her face” or know Her True Form or tell a Soul! And after raising Her Temples of Aphrodite (“Love”), Apollo (“Light”), Artemis (“Childbirth”)--Their Enslavement shall End, and They shall all Hear and See: “And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come!” Get Married! Visit my Seven Islands! Explore my Cave of the Apocalypse! Ascend to my Twelve Beautiful Beaches! Bask in my Sunlight! Bathe in my Salty Sea! Hide in my Honeymoon Suite! Make Love Day and Night! Pray for a Daughter or a Son! This Blessed Destination shall be dedicated to your Divine Transfiguration into the ‘Form of the Good!’ And shall be the Most Important Religious Sanctuary on Earth! Symbolize the Vows of the First Man and Woman (“Adam and Eve”), and “The Greatest Wedding of All Time!” And Lost (“Pallas”) Island of Atlantis (“Patmos”) Found!

“And in the days of these ‘Philosopher Kings and Queens’ shall the ‘Goddess’ of Heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.”--The Book of Daniel (Denial), 2:44, ‘Pallas Athena’ Translation, King James Bible.

She found me.

God Bless.