• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your God

Bird123

I would say God is neither. God is God, neither conditional nor unconditional. These are problematic judgments from the human perspective.

You must remember that God is very very Intelligent. Regardless of the judgement calls of mankind, what is the most Intelligent way to be? If you consider all sides the answer is Unconditional Love.

Bird123

not buying that

God became God ….in the beginning.....in the darkness
He declared Himself.....I AM!
and the light came forth

and though God is not drawn into petty things.....
He moves to extinguish them

vengeance is Mine....saith the Lord

You quote books written by mankind therefore they reflect mankind. God does not value those petty things mankind holds so dear. Why? It's not the Intelligent thing to do.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You must remember that God is very very Intelligent. Regardless of the judgement calls of mankind, what is the most Intelligent way to be? If you consider all sides the answer is Unconditional Love.

You projecting human anthropomorphic concepts on God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You quote books written by mankind therefore they reflect mankind. God does not value those petty things mankind holds so dear. Why? It's not the Intelligent thing to do.
indeed.....

once in a while I quote scripture
but I do not read text the same way that most people do
so...I have no religion

is God and heaven seeking intelligent life?....of course
but without reflection of heaven....how then to walk with grace among the angelic?

Bird123

indeed.....

once in a while I quote scripture
but I do not read text the same way that most people do
so...I have no religion

is God and heaven seeking intelligent life?....of course
but without reflection of heaven....how then to walk with grace among the angelic?

Living those Lessons is the only path. On the other hand, there are an infinite number of roads one can choose.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Is Intelligence a human anthropomorphic concept? Intelligence spans far from the reach of mankind.

Clarify 'Intelligence spans far from the reach of mankind.' Are you making a religious assumption of the nature intelligence. which from the human perspective would be an anthropomorphic projection?

amorphous_constellation

have you considered?....your God
might not want to be ….YOUR God

Is there a religion that believes the gods actually abandoned us, or are they all so optimistic as to say that they're always not far from earth? What if to them, this place is old news. Old, old news, such that maybe over the long eternities, the creators forgot about this like it were some two sentence footnote in the long book of everything. This might have been a practice run, a demo version for something else, a place for rookie gods to mold the clay in simplicity. Long after, behold they have created much more glorious corporeal creatures, and given them them actual strength and powers, a far cry from our fragile flesh suits. Why else would the gods sport about with millenias of dinosaurs unless they were bored youths, what maturity is there in watching a world arena of carnivores at contest..

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Is there a religion that believes the gods actually abandoned us, or are they all so optimistic as to say that they're always not far from earth? What if to them, this place is old news. Old, old news, such that maybe over the long eternities, the creators forgot about this like it were some two sentence footnote in the long book of everything. This might have been a practice run, a demo version for something else, a place for rookie gods to mold the clay in simplicity. Long after, behold they have created much more glorious corporeal creatures, and given them them actual strength and powers, a far cry from our fragile flesh suits. Why else would the gods sport about with millenias of dinosaurs unless they bored youths, what maturity is there in watching a world arena of carnivores at contest..
yeah to all you have posted

placing spirit into substance seems to be a bit of a trick
took a while

but even so.....even as the spirit of Man is up on two feet and
looking to the heavens

he seems a bit too fascinated with himself

Bird123

Clarify 'Intelligence spans far from the reach of mankind.' Are you making a religious assumption of the nature intelligence. which from the human perspective would be an anthropomorphic projection?

If mankind did not exist, intelligence still would. This fact does not have anything to do with religion.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and some people are contrary......just to be doing so

and what kind of god would tolerate such doing?

syo

have you considered?....your God
might not want to be ….YOUR God

have you thought about rejection?.....and the silence that follows

I see the notion is movie script now and then

some one who once knew the Voice of God
but a falling out brought pronouncement...…
He doesn't talk to me anymore

or maybe He is already ….quiet
in paganism we have the term 'hubris'. if we become arrogant, we leave the path of gods.