• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your first phone

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hey guys...bon samedi :)

Post the picture of the first home telephone your mind can recall. The very first.
Then...if you like ...you can post all the phones you have had in your life.

I guess it can be fun to see how this device has evolved throughout decades:p

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
All right...I start.
As for the first five years of my life I don't remember much. When I was 6 in the early nineties, I vividly recall this kind of phone. This was the exact model. I really loved it.

Telephone_Pulsar_2.jpg

Then...some years later...it changed...it became like this
images

And eventually at the beginning of the 21st century...this was our home phone (I still have it)

images

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It was like this, but ours was white.

I still remember our phone number. :p
upload_2022-8-6_11-35-15.png

We also had one of these downstairs:

*Sorry, picture won't post.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Dad decided we needed a phone extension down in the basement, so he bought one to spite Ma Bell and got Radio Shack connectors to hook it up to the existing line. It looked a lot like this, and weighed on the order of a quarter-ton...

H8e4a520032164be395750baa810b28d2A.jpg_.webp

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Guys...I really missed that epoch. I never had the phone with the wheel..the Sit-Siemens...
That looked great

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
This is similar to my first mobile phone I owned, it was supplied by the railway because I was on 24 hour call but I could only rarely get a signal on it. I lugged it around for about 2 years and was never contacted on it for an emergency.

motorala.jpg

Stonetree

Model Member
Premium Member
Let's just say my memory of our phone predates my birth....phone memory,1950book-159880_640 (1).png

Last edited:

Stonetree

Model Member
Premium Member
This is similar to my first mobile phone I owned, it was supplied by the railway because I was on 24 hour call but I could only rarely get a signal on it. I lugged it around for about 2 years and was never contacted on it for an emergency.

View attachment 65190
What job did you do for the railway?.... My dad worked for the now extinct Pennslyvania Railroad, as a boiler inspector..

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Im gen Z. It was a smart phone I cant remember the model. It gotten taken away the very same day I got it by my aunt and I never had another one until I was an adult.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This is the first one I remember.

s-l500.jpg

I even remember the phone number on the front. Area code 312. CA7-2057

Grandma used to say her number was California 7, 2057. Never understood that when I was young, because we lived in Chicago.