• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favourite wholesome comedians

Erebus

My sense of humour tends to lean towards the morbid so I've typically not bothered with some of the more wholesome stand-up comedians. However, I recently watched some of Jim Gaffigan's comedy and realised I may be missing out!

So this thread is really looking for recommendations more than anything else. Are there any wholesome/clean comedians you think are worth watching?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A few of my favorites:
  • Gabriel Iglesias
  • Brian Regan
  • Bill Engvall
  • Tom Segura
  • Mike Birbiglia
  • Chad Daniels
I'll add more as I think them up.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sunil Shetty, Paresh Rawal and Akshay Kumar, film "Hera Pheri".
63683707.cms

Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi (not in the pic), film "Munna Bhai MBBS"
99974131.jpg

Hilarious films. We do not have good stand-up comedians. Pakistan have better.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
My favorite wholesome comedian is me, Ruffin Ralff in Mime,and stand up comedy, and Raffine in Drag singing Bass in Burlesque. No swearing. Pictures on Facebook Frank Doonan. Things sort of shutdown in the Pandemic,

Erebus

Is it the comedy routine or the comedian that you consider wholesome?

Good question. I think the routine itself is more important here. There are plenty of comedians who are perfectly nice people but who perform very dark comedy.

Don't get me wrong, I like gallows humour but have largely neglected the lighter side of comedy.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My sense of humour tends to lean towards the morbid so I've typically not bothered with some of the more wholesome stand-up comedians. However, I recently watched some of Jim Gaffigan's comedy and realised I may be missing out!

So this thread is really looking for recommendations more than anything else. Are there any wholesome/clean comedians you think are worth watching?
Try the Dry Bar series available on youtube. Its comedy in an LDS community, so all these comedians go over there and have to think of cleanish material. Some are very successful. Some copy each other. You will notice a little bit of copied material.