• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite Narnia book and why?

Your favorite Narnia book (you may pick up to 2)

• Total voters

Kirran

Premium Member
Prince Caspian first off, cos I used to like learning about Narnia itself and what it was like and how it worked and who the people were. Prince Caspian was good at that, and it had like different peoples and history and felt like the kind of thing that could be happening. Last Battle, Magician's Nephew and Silver Chair also cool for their worldbuilding.

Srivijaya

The Silver Chair, though I also love the Magicians Nephew.

Why?

There's something compelling about the captive prince who can only be 'himself' for a fleeting time during which the sorceress has him bound to the chair.

I guess, as a Buddhist, I can relate to that, as we are all bound in our own ways.

Terry Sampson

Volume 7, The Last Battle; Chapter 13, beginning with: "Lucy led the way and soon they could all see the Dwarfs."; and ending with: "Well, at any rate there’s no Humbug here. We haven’t let anyone take us in. The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs.”

That portion led me, many years ago, to imagine that there's only Heaven; and that's going to be Hell for those who don't want to be there.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Volume 7, The Last Battle; Chapter 13, beginning with: "Lucy led the way and soon they could all see the Dwarfs."; and ending with: "Well, at any rate there’s no Humbug here. We haven’t let anyone take us in. The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs.”

That portion led me, many years ago, to imagine that there's only Heaven; and that's going to be Hell for those who don't want to be there.
Fiction has a power to invoke thought does it not? A long journey can be taken.