• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite month?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As much as I like June, July, and August, the humidity over here is too much! :disrelieved:

So, going with May as a favorite month. Oddly enough, worst day of my life though was May 23, 2017.

Do you have the worst day of your life memorized like that?

April is great, and the month i was born, but over here it still snows in April, and so, April is disqualified.

What is your least favorite month?

Mine is January, because it is the coldest month, depressing as hell, too much snow, but ironically, my favorite day of the year is Jan 1, New year's day, feast of the mother of God, holy day of obligation, and birthday of my favorite heavenly being, but miserable time of the year, nonetheless, imo...

Stanyon

WWMRD?
October
Typically cooler weather, leaves falling, bugs are almost non-existent, can justify a campfire, bonfires, etc. lots of apples to make cider with, great time for motorcycle trips.

Earthling

David Henson
September. It's still warm. Bright clear days where the temperature is perfect. Not cold yet. It's the beginning of a sort of reflective season. Autumn.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As much as I like June, July, and August, the humidity over here is too much! :disrelieved:

So, going with May as a favorite month. Oddly enough, worst day of my life though was May 23, 2017.

April is great, and the month i was born, but over here it still snows in April, and so, April is disqualified.

Mine is January, because it is the coldest month, depressing as hell, too much snow, but ironically, my favorite day of the year is Jan 1, New year's day, feast of the mother of God, holy day of obligation, and birthday of my favorite heavenly being, but miserable time of the year, nonetheless, imo...
June might be my favorite month, although it is the month where the worst things have happened in my life, during the last several years. I like June for the weather and because it is the end of spring and I have an extra day off work and another day off for the 4th of July.

I like September or October for the weather, But I like November and December because of all the State holidays and other time off work. :)

I do not like January very well, but I like February because I am off work almost the whole month. :)

I dislike March because I always go back to work after along time off work in February... I dislike April because all taxes are due then, federal and property taxes.

O dislike talking about the months because I cannot stand to think of the past or the future. I can only live in the present. I do not even want to think about tomorrow. I have nothing to look forward to but more suffering, I know that, so it is best to keep busy so as not to think at all. My present life is not that bad except for the three houses and tenants, since cats are stable in their health right now. Who knows, maybe God will spare me suffering as much as I have in the past... That is all I can hope for. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
September. It's still warm. Bright clear days where the temperature is perfect. Not cold yet. It's the beginning of a sort of reflective season. Autumn.
I said June because it is the end to the three months I do not like that precede it and the weather is usually good here in June, not too hot, not too cold. :)
I also like September, my second favorite month.
I always feel a little sad when summer is over but I look forward to September and the Holiday season, since I get time off work.

Earthling

David Henson
I said June because it is the end to the three months I do not like that precede it and the weather is usually good here in June, not too hot, not too cold. :)
I also like September, my second favorite month.
I always feel a little sad when summer is over but I look forward to September and the Holiday season, since I get time off work.

I hate holidays. I stopped celebrating all holidays, birthdays etc. when I was 16. I used to hate seeing summer end, but loved the autumn. Now, I don't enjoy summer like I used to. Hiking, biking, swimming, etc. I had a heart attack, my back got worse.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I hate holidays. I stopped celebrating all holidays, birthdays etc. when I was 16. I used to hate seeing summer end, but loved the autumn. Now, I don't enjoy summer like I used to. Hiking, biking, swimming, etc. I had a heart attack, my back got worse.
I do not like summer that much either, especially if it gets hot here, which it has done in the last few years. I do not like anything over 70 F. I do not like summer because everyone else in having fun but me, since I never go on vacation or do any outdoor activities anymore. :( I can't ever go on vacation because of the cats... I could do outdoor activities or day trips but my husband doesn't want to go anywhere, so I end up on the computer all day and night on my days off while he takes care of the cats and watches TV.

We never celebrate any holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving, and we never celebrate our birthdays or our anniversary or Valentines Day, etc.

I normally like Autumn as the best season but right now I just feel uneasy about everything. :oops: My life is just so unsettled and so is the country and the world situation. The best I can do is try not to think about the future.

Mox

Dr Green Fingers
When the winter finally slinks away, in the bonny month of May, I am merry bright and gay. ;)

Mox

Dr Green Fingers
It takes that long for winter to slink away in the UK? o_O
Pretty much, by April most of the UK has started Spring, but only by May do temperatures consistently start rising above 18C or so. We are on the same latitude as Canada and Siberia. :eek:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Pretty much, by April most of the UK has started Spring, but only by May do temperatures consistently start rising above 18C or so. We are on the same latitude as Canada and Siberia. :eek:
18C is 64.4F. Our temps here in Western Washington State USA do not consistently rise above 64.4F until July. In June we had an unusual heat wave that lasted a few days, but now it is back to normal weather... It has been in the 60s for the last week. During July, August and September temps are normally in the 70s and 80s.

Our climate here is not dissimilar to the UK as we are not more than three hours from the Canadian border, right across from British Columbia, and we are not far from the Pacific Ocean, on the Puget Sound. :)

I tried to insert a map, but I am not very good at computer stuff... maybe later. :oops:

Reactions: Mox

Mark Dohle

I love November, I find it a very peaceful time of the year.

I don't think I can choose one month I like but rather I will name two. One of them is July and of course December. July because I'm on holidays, there's hot and sunny weather and obviously because I am free with no school, no responsibilities, I'm just able to do whatever I want. And I must say being from the Mediterranean area of Spain I'm very attached to the sun, so summer is the perfect season for me and July the best month! And December, well because of the special occasion it marks, Christmas, the birth of Jesus, advent. And I would not change the Christmas atmosphere for anything in the world! It's some priceless and beautiful.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I love every month but am partial to the frosty winter months (Dec, Jan & Feb). I love spring and fall but there is just something about the dead of winter for me. Who knew a resident frost giant would think that, eh? Though I enjoy the summer months, as I grow older, I no longer "do" heat very well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
June is the ultimate month.
- Longest days of the year.
- Warm.
- Best engine show in the country.
- Hostas look'n really good.
- Leaves out on trees...even those rassin frassin walnuts.
- The whole summer is ahead of us.