• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite cheese

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And talking of cheese did anyone know there is an etiquette to eating cheese?

When you are offered the cheese board don't commit a faux pas as i used to do by selecting a chunk of what looks tasty.

I often wondered why waiters would give me pitying looks and i overheard whispered comments of "she's english"

The way to do it is cut a little of a mild cheese and place it on your plate, cut a little of something stronger. Work clockwise around your plate with stronger and stronger cheeses until you finish with a small chunk of a strong cheese and have 4, 5 or 6 segments of cheese arranged around your plate.

Start enjoying from the mildest and work round.

Bob the Unbeliever

And talking of cheese did anyone know there is an etiquette to eating cheese?

When you are offered the cheese board don't commit a faux pas as i used to do by selecting a chunk of what looks tasty.

I often wondered why waiters would give me pitying looks and i overheard whispered comments of "she's english"

The way to do it is cut a little of a mild cheese and place it on your plate, cut a little of something stronger. Work clockwise around your plate with stronger and stronger cheeses until you finish with a small chunk of a strong cheese and have 4, 5 or 6 segments of cheese arranged around your plate.

Start enjoying from the mildest and work round.

Let me guess: this is a French Thing? ;)

I must admit, nobody does Cheese like the French-- and I mean that without irony or sarcasm.

Me? I don't care what the waiter thinks, so long as he/she brings me my food sans saliva. :D

I'd go for whichever piece looks the most Interesting-with-an-I or likely to be tastiest (to me).

Eating of Cheese is rather a personal choice, is it not? Some like it smooth, others like it sharp, or runny, or smelly or other ranges of preference.

.... aaaah, the Cat's Eaten It. But we expect some Fresh, next Wednesday.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Let me guess: this is a French Thing? ;)

I must admit, nobody does Cheese like the French-- and I mean that without irony or sarcasm.

Me? I don't care what the waiter thinks, so long as he/she brings me my food sans saliva. :D

I'd go for whichever piece looks the most Interesting-with-an-I or likely to be tastiest (to me).

Eating of Cheese is rather a personal choice, is it not? Some like it smooth, others like it sharp, or runny, or smelly or other ranges of preference.

.... aaaah, the Cat's Eaten It. But we expect some Fresh, next Wednesday.

Yup, its a French thing.

Cats are not supposed to eat cheese, i tell mine that often as they run out of the kitchen with their prize catch.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My favorite is aged Gouda, which I had an affair with in Amsterdam, and we've been going together ever since. Also, smoked Gouda will also do quite well but she should probably give that up.