• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Faith and Extraterrestrial Life

Eyes to See

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It seems the inspired teachings of your religion twist this scripture into something it does not mean.

Jesus' kingdom is heavenly, and his kingdom rule will be from heaven over the earth. He also did not receive kingship from Jehovah over the earth until after he returned to heaven. So Jesus could rightly tell Pilate that his kingdom is not of this world.

Jesus taught that Satan was and is the real ruler of the world:

"I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me."-John 14:30.

And when Satan offered the rulership of the the kingdoms of the world to Jesus, Jesus did not deny Satan had the authority to do so. In fact it was a temptation to Jesus Christ:

"The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”-Matthew 4:8, 9.

Jesus is king of God's kingdom government in heaven, and Jehovah's Witnesses are now preaching about this good news of the kingdom in all the earth.

The Bible tells us that if anyone, a human, or an angel from heaven would come after the gospel to teach what goes against gospel let that one be accursed:

"However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed."-Galatians 1:8.

Gospel means good news. And the good news is about God's kingdom government of which Jesus Christ has now been crowned king:

"“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed."-Daniel 7:13, 14.

That this is Jesus Christ and not someone else as the inspired teachings of your religion espouse has full backing of holy scripture found in the Bible.

When Mary became pregnant with Jesus Christ by means of holy spirit the angel Gabriel pronounced this concerning Jesus Christ:

"This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father,  and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”-Luke 1:32, 33.

(Psalm 2:6) Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”

(Psalm 110:1, 2) Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” 2 Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.

(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

(1 Corinthians 15:25) For he [Jesus Christ] must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.

Jesus here is talking to the anointed 144,000:

(Revelation 3:21) To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

(Philippians 2:9-11)  For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,  so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground—1 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

You keep on saying that Jesus will not return physically to earth anymore so the kingdom is not his. But the Bible has told us that he returns to heaven and is installed as king of God's kingdom in heaven, and his rule will be from heaven. It says that Jesus will return "on the clouds of the heaven." Not to earth.

When something is on the clouds it is not visible, so his return will be invisible in the fact that humankind will not be able to see him physically. But his rule is real. He will have full control over all humankind. He will wage war with and destroy the nations of this world and will establish a new world of peace.

Satan transforms himself into an angel of light to deceive the people. And his demons inspire teachings to mislead people away from the Christ.

There is no doubt your holy writings are in conflict with the inspired words of truth in the Bible. They therefore cannot be cannon, or inspired. They deny Jesus Christ as the king of God's kingdom and the son of man who has the legal right to rule mankind. They do not lead people to the waters of truth. They are a dead end. They blind the minds of the unbelievers so that the glorious illumination of the (good news) of the Christ cannot shine through.-2 Corinthians 4:4.

Last edited:

Erebus

What does your faith have to say about other biological life in the universe?

Does your faith teach we are "alone," so to speak, the only planet in the universe to support life?

Or perhaps it teaches there are many other planets with life?

My faith doesn't really say anything about life on other planets. I personally think it's highly likely there are planets out there with just as much variety of flora and fauna as Earth. That's assuming the current consensus about the size of the universe is roughly on the right track of course.

If we discover life on other planets, would that change your religious view in some way?

I would expect that if aliens had something approximating religion, it would be based on their own history, culture and environment. I don't view religion as something passed down by an interventionist deity so it wouldn't concern me if the aliens' religious views didn't match my own.

What would surprise is if the aliens shared one of our own religions without any prior contact. If multiple alien species agreed that Xenu did in fact commit genocide against his own people, resulting in angry thetans attaching themselves to humans ... I think I'd have to reassess my current stance that Scientology is a scam.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Does your faith teach we are "alone," so to speak, the only planet in the universe to support life?

If we discover life on other planets, would that change your religious view in some way?
My beliefs have no problems with this. There are a myriad of life forms in the multiple planes of nature.

The only people this may be an issue with are very fundamentalist Abrahamic people. And they have bigger theological issues to be challenged by.

Zaha Torte

I believe that God has seeded innumerable worlds with His children throughout the Universe.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't have any beliefs that could be referred to as faith so any beliefs would just morph into whatever new was learned. I suspect that life is plentiful - such a vast, vast, vast, vast, waste if otherwise - but as to 'intelligent' life, perhaps not so plentiful. I will probably not find out as to either before I die, but this disappoints me less than not knowing how the human race will progress or survive into the future. :(
I believe that there are many worlds of God, because Baha'u'llah wrote that, but I am not concerned about them because I will not see them until after I die. Meanwhile, I think we have to be concerned about THIS world, because this is the only world we can have an effect upon.

I am certain that the human race will survive into the future, and thrive, but that is because of my beliefs. :)

I believe that this is the Dawn of a New Era and the future will be glorious...

Unlike many Christians, I do not believe it will be the end of the world, but a whole new beginning for all of humanity. I believe that Jesus was referring to the end of an age, not the end of the world, and many newer translations of the verse say that: Matthew 24:3 in all English translations

The end of an age indicates that a new age will unfold. The sun is starting to set on the old age from which humanity has emerged, and we do not have to look very far to see the changes happening all over the world. However, given how old you and I are, I do not believe we will live long enough to see the new age unfold. But for me, it does not matter if I see it, because I know future generations will see it and benefit from it, and that is what really matters.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm intrigued by the theory that intelligent life out there makes a point of not advertising its existence
The Alien as Predator idea, yes. The existence of hostile civilizations goes right back to the dawn of science fiction and its kin ─ Lovecraft's Elder Gods come to mind. WW1 was a big influence on C S Lewis, WW2 on Tolkien. while the legions of pulp writers from the 1920s on routinely invoked a background of cosmic war. As did Star Wars, Star Trek, and so on.

Which perhaps underlines that they weren't about aliens but about us.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.....Does your faith teach we are "alone," so to speak, the only planet in the universe to support life?

In the Bible there is nothing to support that there are No other planets that can support life. Yes there can be.
However, as far as we are "alone" this is addressed by the ' sin issue ' that started in Eden.
If there was faithful-to-God life elsewhere at that edenic time frame there would be No need to first settle the ' sin issue ' here on Earth because it would have already been settled elsewhere.
Thus, for now, there is No intelligent life elsewhere in the material realm of existence.
There very well could be 'lower forms of life' but Not intelligent life elsewhere for now.
In other words, intelligent-physical life started here on Earth, and Earth will always stand as an example that the ' sin issue ' was finally settled here.
The ' sin issue ' involving obedience to God as Creator and Father and Divine Sovereign as the best way of governing over Heaven and Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I
Unlike many Christians, I do not believe it will be the end of the world, but a whole new beginning for all of humanity. I believe that Jesus was referring to the end of an age, not the end of the world, and many newer translations of the verse say that: Matthew 24:3 in all English translations
The end of an age indicates that a new age will unfold. The sun is starting to set on the old age from which humanity has emerged, and we do not have to look very far to see the changes happening all over the world. However, given how old you and I are, I do not believe we will live long enough to see the new age unfold. But for me, it does not matter if I see it, because I know future generations will see it and benefit from it, and that is what really matters.

Rather, unlike what 'many false Christians' say or believe. It is Not the end of Earth but the end of all badness on Earth which will end.- Ecclesiastes 1:4 B.
Yes, what looks like a 'setting sun' is really the beginning of a bright new day, a 'Millennium-Long Day' when Christ governs over Earth for a thousand years.
So, this coming unfolding new age (Millennial Age) is now unfolding before our eyes as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 these last days of badness on Earth before Jesus takes action.
We are nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, when the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as if things look 'rosy' but this will lead to the great tribulation and proving to be the answer to the invitation for Jesus to come ! - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3; Revelation 22:20.
Since we are at the ' final phase ' about the international proclaiming about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) the time is Not far off - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
For Jesus will come as King of God's Kingdom and this is what God's Kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus will accomplish:
* Jesus will subdue enemies - Psalms 110
* As Prince of Peace, then Jesus will usher in global Peace on Earth - Isaiah 54:13; Micah 4:3-4
* There will be a healthy environment for us - Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 22:2
* There will be satisfying work for us to enjoy - Isaiah 65:22-23
* Jesus will even bring an end to ' enemy death ' for us on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It seems the inspired teachings of your religion twist this scripture into something it does not mean.
It seems to me that you think you KNOW what scripture means, just like every other Christian believes they know, but it is logically impossible that all of you know, because Christians do not agree on the meaning of scripture. That means that only one of you is right or some of you are wrong or all of you are wrong, as there is no other logical conclusion.

So the hundred-dollar question is why you BELIEVE that you are right and the other Christians, are wrong, or why you believe I am wrong and you are right. Who gave you the authority to interpret the Bible?
Jesus' kingdom is heavenly, and his kingdom rule will be from heaven over the earth. He also did not receive kingship from Jehovah over the earth until after he returned to heaven. So Jesus could rightly tell Pilate that his kingdom is not of this world.
That is YOUR interpretation of certain verses. If you post me the verses that you believe mean that I can tell you what I believe they mean.
Jesus taught that Satan was and is the real ruler of the world:

"I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me."-John 14:30.
According to my beliefs that this verse refers to Baha'u'llah, not to Satan. Can you prove otherwise?

“Thou didst ask as to chapter 14, verse 30 of the Gospel of John, where the Lord Christ saith, ‘Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the Prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.’ The Prince of this world is the Blessed Beauty; and ‘hath nothing in Me’ signifieth: after Me all will draw grace from Me, but He is independent of Me, and will draw no grace from Me. That is, He is rich beyond any grace of Mine.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 170
And when Satan offered the rulership of the the kingdoms of the world to Jesus, Jesus did not deny Satan had the authority to do so. In fact it was a temptation to Jesus Christ:

"The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”-Matthew 4:8, 9.
I do not believe there is literally an entity such as the Devil; I believe all referenced to Satan in the Bible are symbolic of the lower nature of man, the sinful self. Obviously this is one big difference between Baha'i and Christian beliefs.
Jesus is king of God's kingdom government in heaven, and Jehovah's Witnesses are now preaching about this good news of the kingdom in all the earth.
That is just your belief based upon your interpretation of the Bible. Other Christians have different beliefs yet thye are reading the same Bible. What does that tell you?
The Bible tells us that if anyone, a human, or an angel from heaven would come after the gospel to teach what goes against gospel let that one be accursed:

"However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed."-Galatians 1:8.

Gospel means good news.
I believe you are right about that. Nobody was to add to the gospel message after it was canonized.
The gospel message was good news for the age to which it was pertinent, but humanity has moved beyond that age so the good news of yesterday is now old news. Why do you think that atheists have left Christianity in droves?
And the good news is about God's kingdom government of which Jesus Christ has now been crowned king:

"“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed."-Daniel 7:13, 14.
I do not believe those verses refer to Jesus Christ, I believe they refer to Baha'u'llah as someone like a son of man. If Jesus was the Son of man, as he claimed to be then those cannot be about Him: someone like a son of man.
That this is Jesus Christ and not someone else as the inspired teachings of your religion espouse has full backing of holy scripture found in the Bible.

When Mary became pregnant with Jesus Christ by means of holy spirit the angel Gabriel pronounced this concerning Jesus Christ:

"This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father,  and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”-Luke 1:32, 33.
Please note that Jesus was not speaking in the first person. Jesus did not say I will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give me the throne of David his father,  and I will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to my Kingdom.

Obviously, Jesus was referring to someone else. I believe that those verses refer to Baha'u'llah who ruled on the throne of David since He brought the Most Great Law:

“THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David. Thus hath My Pen spoken that which the histories of bygone ages have related. At this time, however, David crieth aloud and saith: ‘O my loving Lord! Do Thou number me with such as have stood steadfast in Thy Cause, O Thou through Whom the faces have been illumined, and the footsteps have slipped!’” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 89-90

Jesus rules on a heavenly throne, not on an earthly one, and that is why Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world. The following passage refers to Jesus.

“The Throne upon which He sat is the Eternal Throne from which Christ reigns for ever, a heavenly throne, not an earthly one, for the things of earth pass away but heavenly things pass not away. He re-interpreted and completed the Law of Moses and fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. His word conquered the East and the West. His Kingdom is everlasting.” Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

(Continued on next post)

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.
Jesus said that because Jesus had all authority on earth and in heaven during His religious Dispensation.
(1 Corinthians 15:25) For he [Jesus Christ] must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.
The chapter goes on to say that God (not Jesus Christ) has put all things in subjection under his feet and that
the Son himself will also be subjected to him (God) who put all things in subjection under him.

27 For “Godc]">[c] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.
Jesus here is talking to the anointed 144,000:

(Revelation 3:21) To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

(Philippians 2:9-11)  For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,  so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground—1 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
I doubt that other Christians believe that this is referring to the 144,000. What's up, I mean they are reading the same Bible as you are?
You keep on saying that Jesus will not return physically to earth anymore so the kingdom is not his. But the Bible has told us that he returns to heaven and is installed as king of God's kingdom in heaven, and his rule will be from heaven. It says that Jesus will return "on the clouds of the heaven." Not to earth.
Funny thing, other Christians believe that Jesus will return to earth so that means they interpreted the verses differently.

I do not believe the verses referring to the Son of man in the clouds are about Jesus, they are about Baha’u’llah, who was the return of the Son of man who came in the clouds of men's ignorance. Their judgment was clouded therefore they did not recognize Him as the return of Christ.

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?
When something is on the clouds it is not visible, so his return will be invisible in the fact that humankind will not be able to see him physically. But his rule is real. He will have full control over all humankind. He will wage war with and destroy the nations of this world and will establish a new world of peace.
That is just your interpretation but it fails does not take into account this verse:

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

If every eye will see Him, that means he would have to be seen and recognized, although the verse does not say when that will occur. I believe that everyone will recognize Baha'u'llah in the future, based upon Baha'i scripture:

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.”Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248
Satan transforms himself into an angel of light to deceive the people. And his demons inspire teachings to mislead people away from the Christ.
That is what most Christians say, they use Satan as an excuse as to why Baha'is are 'led away' but the *evidence* is on the side of the Baha'is since Baha'u'llah fulfill all the prophecies for the return of Christ as was clearly demonstrated in the book entitled Thief in the Night by William Sears. Christians can keep believing and waiting for Jesus to do something, from heaven or on earth, but they cannot change the reality that the prophecies have all been fulfilled.
There is no doubt your holy writings are in conflict with the inspired words of truth in the Bible. They therefore cannot be cannon, or inspired. They deny Jesus Christ as the king of God's kingdom and the son of man who has the legal right to rule mankind. They do not lead people to the waters of truth. They are a dead end. They blind the minds of the unbelievers so that the glorious illumination of the (good news) of the Christ cannot shine through.-2 Corinthians 4:4.
The Writings of Baha'u'llah are in complete alignment with the Bible, and Baha'u'llah was the fulfillment of all the verses that refer to the Messiah and the Return of Christ. Jesus never promised to return to earth or rule from heaven, that is just a Christian belief that came about from misinterpreting the verses and applying them to Jesus, whereas Jesus never claimed that those verses refer to Him.

The only dead end is the old news of the gospel because it will lead nowhere, since the Dispensation of Jesus Christ is over, so God is no longer working through Jesus. Even if the Christians do not realize that, that won't change God's purpose for humanity. What God has purposed will unfold in due time and it will not be Christians reigning supreme, it will be all religions coming together for the good of humanity:

“God’s purpose is none other than to usher in, in ways He alone can bring about, and the full significance of which He alone can fathom, the Great, the Golden Age of a long-divided, a long-afflicted humanity. Its present state, indeed even its immediate future, is dark, distressingly dark. Its distant future, however, is radiant, gloriously radiant—so radiant that no eye can visualize it............” The Promised Day is Come, p. 116

God’s Purpose

Meanwhile, people are all free to believe whatever they want to believe, because we all have free will. The Baha'is have not blinded anyone's eyes, it is just that many people have seen the Light and left Christianity. That trend will continue into the future because people living in the modern age can no longer believe in the superstitious beliefs of Christianity, such as people rising from graves and Satan ruling the world.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Rather, unlike what 'many false Christians' say or believe. It is Not the end of Earth but the end of all badness on Earth which will end.- Ecclesiastes 1:4 B.
Yes, what looks like a 'setting sun' is really the beginning of a bright new day, a 'Millennium-Long Day' when Christ governs over Earth for a thousand years.
So, this coming unfolding new age (Millennial Age) is now unfolding before our eyes as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 these last days of badness on Earth before Jesus takes action.
We are nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, when the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as if things look 'rosy' but this will lead to the great tribulation and proving to be the answer to the invitation for Jesus to come ! - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3; Revelation 22:20.
Since we are at the ' final phase ' about the international proclaiming about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) the time is Not far off - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
For Jesus will come as King of God's Kingdom and this is what God's Kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus will accomplish:
* Jesus will subdue enemies - Psalms 110
* As Prince of Peace, then Jesus will usher in global Peace on Earth - Isaiah 54:13; Micah 4:3-4
* There will be a healthy environment for us - Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 22:2
* There will be satisfying work for us to enjoy - Isaiah 65:22-23
* Jesus will even bring an end to ' enemy death ' for us on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
People can make Bible verses MEAN whatever they want them to MEAN by interpreting them in various ways.

That is why there are so many different Christian beliefs about the end times, the afterlife, etc.

What amazes me is that Christians cannot even see that is what they are doing and that those same verses can have a completely different meaning to someone else.

I could tell you what all those verses you cited mean from a Baha'i point of view, but I know it would make no difference. You would still believe what you believe, because that is what you want to believe.

Anyone can SAY what will happen in the future but since the future is not here yet nobody can disprove those beliefs. So basically it boils down to what people want to believe. It does not matter that there is evidence that disproves these beliefs, Christians will still believe what they believe because they want what they are so looking forward to, even if it is not the truth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Anyone can SAY what will happen in the future but since the future is not here yet nobody can disprove those beliefs. So basically it boils down to what people want to believe. It does not matter that there is evidence that disproves these beliefs, Christians will still believe what they believe because they want what they are so looking forward to, even if it is not the truth.

To me 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 is Not from just anyone but from part of God's Word.
What evidence is there that the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9
* God used the Babylonians against his un-faithful people.
* God used the Roman armies against un-faithful Jerusalem in the year 70.
So, the pattern evidence is clear: God will use the powers that be to go up against un-faithful Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only ).
God will again use the 'long arm of the Law' to do His will.
Even with backing the United Nations could be strengthened and prove to be the 'Law' that God will use to do His will, His purpose.
So, as with the Babylonians and the Roman armies, people will be shocked when the political surprisingly topples the corrupted religious world.
As it is written, so it shall be !

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And that is all that matters to most Christians, the rest of the world has to believe that Jesus is the Only Way or go to hell.
I wonder to which 'hell' is being discussed:
There is the religious-myth hell of burning forever, and then there is the Bible's hell.
Biblical hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead until Resurrection Day ( Jesus' 1,000 year day of governing over Earth ).
( John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
When King James translated into English the word Gehenna into hell fire that put the flames in hell/grave.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
This is why Scripture teaches the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; 2 Peter 3:9
As for biblical hell ( grave ) it is temporary because as Revelation 20:13-14 teaches that everyone one in hell will be ' delivered up '.
Delivered up means: resurrected out of the grave ( biblical hell) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant to a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.

Audie

Veteran Member
In the Bible there is nothing to support that there are No other planets that can support life. Yes there can be.
However, as far as we are "alone" this is addressed by the ' sin issue ' that started in Eden.
If there was faithful-to-God life elsewhere at that edenic time frame there would be No need to first settle the ' sin issue ' here on Earth because it would have already been settled elsewhere.
Thus, for now, there is No intelligent life elsewhere in the material realm of existence.
There very well could be 'lower forms of life' but Not intelligent life elsewhere for now.
In other words, intelligent-physical life started here on Earth, and Earth will always stand as an example that the ' sin issue ' was finally settled here.
The ' sin issue ' involving obedience to God as Creator and Father and Divine Sovereign as the best way of governing over Heaven and Earth.
What an extraordinary idea.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As it is written, so it shall be !
What you really mean is how you interpret what is written, what you believe it means, so it shall be. ;)

It is incredible to me that not even one Christian I have ever posted to at least understands this concept.

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 175

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What you really mean is how you interpret what is written, what you believe it means, so it shall be. ;)
It is incredible to me that not even one Christian I have ever posted to at least understands this concept.
“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 175

Christendom ( so-called Christian ) are part of the fake ' weed/tares ' and that is why the understanding is Not there - Matthew 13:24-30
The words of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 can never be exhausted, but goat-like Christendom will be exhausted in this Harvest Time.
This coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is why Scripture teaches the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; 2 Peter 3:9
As for biblical hell ( grave ) it is temporary because as Revelation 20:13-14 teaches that everyone one in hell will be ' delivered up '.
Delivered up means: resurrected out of the grave ( biblical hell) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant to a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.
More of the Bible according to your interpretation. Below is one Bible believer's interpretation of resurrection, with which I fully agree. It is completely different from your idea of a future paradise on earth, but is supported by the Bible. Go figure. I (don't) wonder why that is.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351