• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your experience with the gods

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm just wondering what experiences you have had that convince you that the pagan gods are real. I sometimes pray to Woden, Thor, Freyja, Frigg, Osiris, and Dionysus. I believe they are spirits who once walked the earth if nothing more. What are your experience with the gods, through transportations, locutions, dreams, inspirations, or other experiences? Do you find the gods and goddesses to be trustworthy and dependable?

Rapha

Do you find the gods and goddesses to be trustworthy and dependable?
Only Yahushua can be trusted and the repented ones speak truths like the joint leader of the fallen watchers, Shymhz (shemyhaza) stated that Levitation can be created by Numerology + Sacred Geometry + Resonance Frequency.

The only problem is the NAZI globalists hold onto the secret as this is how UFO's fly.

All 3 have been made public like Numerology where 75 million people see number codes every day.
Sacred geometry was shown on the last episode of the old X-Files series with the semi buried UFO in sand on a beach.
In 2014 the UK Daily Telegraph showed how sound frequency can be used to levitate metal ball bearings in mid air.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
At this point in my life, I don't acknowledge god or gods, at least not by names, although I understand that some do. Certainly, anything like a universal deity is well beyond my ability to comprehend.

My dealings with spirits tends to be with the sort of deputy assistant to god/s that I can more or less understand. I see some awfully big spirits of this sort, but I have no more personal interaction with them than microbes and microscopic critters have with me.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I can't really talk about the god(s) if defining them as entities or deities of some sort. I can't understand the concept of them. However,
What are your experience with the gods, through transportations, locutions, dreams, inspirations, or other experiences?
With the spirits, dreams, inspiration, direct experiences, synchronicity, warnings, talk that comes in my head without any reference and relation to what I am personally thinking about. Hints that I should do something and I 99.9% of the chance see the hint once, do something opposite, and it 99.9 always flops and I kick myself for not listening.
Do you find the gods and goddesses to be trustworthy and dependable?

Since spirits are energy of deceased persons, to put it crudley, I'd trust some but not others just as family that live on earth. A for spirits or life in nature, they have been trustworthy so far until the earth swivels up when it gets to close (or too far?) from the sun. I can't remember which scientist say was going to happen in the future.

von bek

I have felt the presence of the gods since I was a child. Growing up in the country, I was fortunate to be able to wander through the woods and the creek as a young kid. I remember particularly one time as a child when I was praying to Artemis and a deer walked out of the woods and looked me in the eyes. It was a deeply spiritual moment for me.

josip123

I used to read a lot about the pagan Gods but never actually praied to them. Odin and Frigga were one of my favourites. I always perceived them as some sort of living things but when I grew older, I drew some parallels with other religions and figured out that all of are based on the same thing. Then college came and I had to shift my focus to that and "stopped" believing in any sort of god.

uniemaia

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

rocala

Growing up in the country, I was fortunate to be able to wander through the woods and the creek as a young kid. I remember particularly one time as a child when I was praying to Artemis and a deer walked out of the woods and looked me in the eyes.
Beautiful, thank you for posting that.
The OP is very interesting. Sometimes when standing in woodland or by a river, that feeling of 'something' is almost overpowering, and those old gods do seem to fit the bill.

Araceli Cianna

I'm just wondering what experiences you have had that convince you that the pagan gods are real. I sometimes pray to Woden, Thor, Freyja, Frigg, Osiris, and Dionysus. I believe they are spirits who once walked the earth if nothing more. What are your experience with the gods, through transportations, locutions, dreams, inspirations, or other experiences? Do you find the gods and goddesses to be trustworthy and dependable?

My Patron deity is Diana, I am very cautious when it comes to spirit beings because I was messed over by them once which sent me into a huge psychotic spiral (for example I was raped by a being which disguised itself as an angel but was something more like a psychopathic incubus, which opened the door to other things). So it has taken me quite a bit of time building up trust in Diana and she knows it and she has always been very gentle with me and in fact wont sometimes let things happen in relation to her that would trigger me even if I wanted it (for example, connecting with her tantrically, I felt healed enough recently to try but she said no, it's not good for me right now after what I experienced and she doesn't want to compromise our relationship).

So yes she has shown me over again that she has only good intentions for me and whilst I will always be sober about the dangers of contact with spirit beings I trust her 99% with my life and myself. I also read once that the gods are more likely to behave because they have loads of followers that can do background checks on them etc like checking references. No one is going to want to worship a deity who is cruel and plays tricks, unless of course that's their nature and the point of their worship.

As for other deities I don't have a close connection with them especially these days but initially as I started out on my Pagan path I found great solace in Durga and Jesus. Durga because she always helped with my anxiety by 'slaying my demons'. And Jesus because I come from a Christian background and he always let me know he is my friend no matter what path I chose. They were deities I knew I could trust but I just wasn't that particularly close to them. Then sometimes I have prayed to other deities like The Morrighan and I had a dream about her afterwards, there's not really a connection but we notice each other. Same with Hecate (who said I was too bright and cheery to work with her), and Venus (who was really nice actually but I made a blunder and decided to leave it be... maybe later I could try communicating with her again). I also contacted Apollo for healing once when I had a migraine as he is Diana's brother, he did come to my aid and it stopped within half an hour amazingly but he only came and helped out because of my devotion to her, but not really for much other reason. So there was not really a connection there.

I probably have more stories but can't remember them all, these are just what come to mind right now!

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I receive a lot of premonitions from Apollo that have helped me prevent actual bad situations. He is still my patron after becoming Buddhist. I've felt some gods as intense, not altogether comfortable presences. I've been protected from harm and theft. Athena inspired my Hellenic name, which I don't share with everyone obviously. I also have a Dharmic name I will share if you want. That name reflects the Buddhist virtues I most embody.

von bek

I receive a lot of premonitions from Apollo that have helped me prevent actual bad situations. He is still my patron after becoming Buddhist. I've felt some gods as intense, not altogether comfortable presences. I've been protected from harm and theft. Athena inspired my Hellenic name, which I don't share with everyone obviously. I also have a Dharmic name I will share if you want. That name reflects the Buddhist virtues I most embody.

I definitely consider Apollo a dhamma-protector.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I definitely consider Apollo a dhamma-protector.

I wonder how many of the Greek gods could be called such? Because I accept the Indra/Zeus connection I am pretty sure most of the Olympians assist the Dharma. I get that sense. As you know, Indra was brought to the Dharma by our Lord Shakyamuni according to many texts, but Indra wouldn't cease being king of the gods of the golden mountain due to that. I get a sense the Olympians are mostly familiar with the Dharma, since their king has embraced it. Not sure they all embraced it though. That'd be another matter.

von bek

I wonder how many of the Greek gods could be called such? Because I accept the Indra/Zeus connection I am pretty sure most of the Olympians assist the Dharma. I get that sense. As you know, Indra was brought to the Dharma by our Lord Shakyamuni according to many texts, but Indra wouldn't cease being king of the gods of the golden mountain due to that. I get a sense the Olympians are mostly familiar with the Dharma, since their king has embraced it. Not sure they all embraced it though. That'd be another matter.

I don't know that I would outright exclude any Olympian, but I would certainly count Artemis, Athena, and Hermes as being among the dhamma-protecting deities alongside the obvious Zeus and Apollo.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I don't know that I would outright exclude any Olympian, but I would certainly count Artemis, Athena, and Hermes as being among the dhamma-protecting deities alongside the obvious Zeus and Apollo.

That's the ones I am the most inclined to think are such too. More or less. Of course, it could be the gods protect pretty well any paths by which people are seeking and aspiring to higher than the base impulses. I held that view before I became a Buddhist. That the gods are, most of them- concerned with philosophy and ethic disciplines.

Because as you probably are aware, especially in the later Hellenic period when philosophy flourished- the Olympians were seen as the gods giving gnosis and trying to save people, whereas the base impulses and brute aspects were attributed to the Titans. There is some precedent for such an idea in the older myths.