• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your existence is a mystery to me

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't understand why you exist. Yes, you exist because your mom and Dad had sex, but why do genitals feel pleasure and orgasm to create you. that doesn't solve the mystery of your existence.

Why does the moon stars and earth exist rather than a blank nothingness? That is the question. Why is the sun in the right place so that all animal and plant life can exist?

There is the mystery in my heart of existence itself. Saying "God made man out of clay after speaking everything into existence, then made woman out of a rib " is not helpful.

That's not helpful because it doesn't explain the mystery of why God exists, or how he learned how to make beautiful creatures , or how he learned how to create dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, neurotransmitters that cause euphoria, erotic stimulation, A womb that a child is successfully formed in.

Who taught God how to do that and why did God stop speaking things into existence and hide himself like he's dead. Why did he stop creating stuff out of nothing?

How long has God existed? How can God exist forever? So, for billions and trillions of years God existed? What did he do all those years? How can an entity always exist with no beginning?

But yes, you are here because of a mysterious orgasm. Were your parents destined to do that or was it random?

Do you believe we all have destiny? Please explain.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Why does the moon stars and earth exist rather than a blank nothingness? That is the question. Why is the sun in the right place so that all animal and plant life can exist?

I don't know.

Who taught God how to do that and why did God stop speaking things into existence and hide himself like he's dead. Why did he stop creating stuff out of nothing?

How long has God existed? How can God exist forever? So, for billions and trillions of years God existed? What did he do all those years? How can an entity always exist with no beginning?

Gods only exist in human minds.

Were your parents destined to do that or was it random?

Do you believe we all have destiny?

"the force that some people think controls what happens in the future, and is outside humancontrol"
- DESTINY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Another concept which only resides in the human mind, unless it is an oblique reference to the idea that free will does not actually exist.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I don't understand why you exist. Yes, you exist because your mom and Dad had sex, but why do genitals feel pleasure and orgasm to create you. that doesn't solve the mystery of your existence.

There is the mystery in my heart of existence itself. Saying "God made man out of clay after speaking everything into existence, then made woman out of a rib " is not helpful.

That's not helpful because it doesn't explain the mystery of why God exists, or how he learned how to make beautiful creatures , or how he learned how to create dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, neurotransmitters that cause euphoria, erotic stimulation, A womb that a child is successfully formed in.

But yes, you are here because of a mysterious orgasm. Were your parents destined to do that or was it random?

Welcome back to RF :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Brahman is eternal. It has no beginning and no end. Tat tvam asi. Thou art that. Aham Brahmasmi. I am Brahman.

My body/mind complex exists for the purpose of experiencing a human life. I have always existed. I have no beginning an no end.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I suppose you could ask why do things come into existence instead of always just be there? That to me is the mystery!

Always existing means you have all the time you will ever need to do whatsoever you wish! I would learn an amazing amount of things that way!

Other than using God's eternal hands to form creatures God chose a natural method, the orgasm! I mean I wasn't conscious til long after the consummation.

The mere fact that existence functions at all to me is a sign of things coming from mind stuff.

I don't think existence is a unified whole. I think it's many different things coming together! Deeper realities form our reality!

I don't see any reason to think that the universe just always was. But something, or life definitely always existed.

It's quite a jump from non life to life. Life must not be original.

All powerful is comic book stuff. God is not all powerful! And who is to say there is just one!

Nobody really knows this stuff anyway, give it another billion years when we leave our monkey suits for who knows what!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I don't understand why you exist. Yes, you exist because your mom and Dad had sex, but why do genitals feel pleasure and orgasm to create you. That doesn't solve the mystery of your existence.
I do not really exist. What exists is a huge collections of atoms.

"An adult is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms." Google Search, Jan 26, 2013

Yeah, this collection started when my mom and dad had sex, some times around Winter vacations in 1941, when my father who was studying in Mumbai must have come to home (Jodhpur, Rajasthan). They married in 1940. Genitals feeling pleasure is one of the greatest evolutionary tricks. It was the cause for fall of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden and since then the cause of fall of many of their progeny. How does it not solve the mystery of my seeming temporary (anatta, anicca) existence?

Is there any other thing that you want to be explained? A flash just now, pleasure is the opposite of pain, excitation of different parts of brain, different connecting lines of neurons and synapses.
Since you are a christian, you do not need any other explanation. In the beginning there was only word (whatever Christians mean by it), so there could not have been a blank nothingness. It is all because of intelligent creation by God.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
- Always existing means you have all the time you will ever need to do whatsoever you wish! I would learn an amazing amount of things that way!
- I think it's many different things coming together! Deeper realities form our reality!
- I don't see any reason to think that the universe just always was. But something, or life definitely always existed.
- It's quite a jump from non life to life. Life must not be original.
- give it another billion years when we leave our monkey suits for who knows what!
- Sure, what contitutes me will always exist, but it will not exist in the form of 'Aupmanyav' (i.e., your's sincerely).
- I think you are correct to say that.
- I think you are correct there too. In an atom bomb, atoms change to energy, measurable but can it be termed as existing. Energy has solid existence only as atoms and none otherwise.
- What do you mean by that. The various pressure and temperature situations in the universe create the building blocks of life, which are well distributed everywhere. So, life is not magic. and probably it exists in billions of places in the universe. But we cannot communicate with it because we are far distance from each other and in exist in different times. A light year is a far far distance to travel, that hardly seems a possibility for us.
- Will humans exist for a billion years? Quite difficult for species to many last for even a fraction of this time.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't understand why you exist. Yes, you exist because your mom and Dad had sex,
Then although you apparently don't think so, you know why everyone exists.

Stand back and look at all the humans around you. They, with very few exceptions, are physically male or female, And how is their world organized? Around the expectation that pairs, very largely male-female pairs, will bond, cohabit, breed, raise the offspring. Where is this found? Throughout humankind and throughout nature.
why do genitals feel pleasure and orgasm to create you. That doesn't solve the mystery of your existence.
Yes it does. It's the evolved reward for orgasm, and in combination with attraction and with bonding, part of the evolved urge to copulate. Which as we noted above is ultimately about breeding.
Why does the moon stars and earth exist rather than a blank nothingness? That is the question.
I'd say it was an entirely different question, but that's not the issue.

Why does the cosmos exist? Because matter and energy exist and interact (once you work out how to look for them) with regular rules. Why do matter and energy exist? I don't know, but I think they're all there is, and that everything else, including biochemistry thus us, is the result of that.
Why is the sun in the right place so that all animal and plant life can exist?
Other way round. Given that a planet has formed with a particular composition, and particular traits like a magnetic field, and one large satellite, and at a Goldilocks distance from the sun, such that the first self-replicating cells can form and enable evolution, what kinds of critters can evolve and survive as our earth goes through its various ages of life? Why, us, and the critters and botany and microorganisms we see around us, of course ─ the latter are possible because of the former,
See above.
That's not helpful because it doesn't explain the mystery of why God exists
As far as we know, H sap, and probably only H sap sap, provides all of the gods we know about. They're all different, so there's no consistency in the vision of what a supernatural being is (though if gods were real you'd expect that consistency to be the case). The reason all our cultures have supernatural beings is apparently because devising supernatural beings to account for weather and famine and luck and bad luck and the success or failure of fertility, and the problem of the living unbonding after a death, and so on, seems to be something humans have evolved to do ─ quite possibly because until you have science, supernatural beings are the best explanation, and can also double as symbols of the tribe and thus as part of tribal identity, thus reinforcing tribal solidarity and the rewards of cooperation.

See? That doesn't explain everything, but it gives a place to start and a way to continue.
Not so much a destiny as a potential function, which boils down to living long enough to reproduce, the alternative being to disappear from the genetic future.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I exist because if I didn't exist there would be a Quagmire shaped hole in the fabric of reality.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You know what's cool? Now that there's voice to text we can all speak things into existence.

watch:

Things!!​

See? How cool is that?