• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your chance to give me contructive critique

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Right now in my life, I am in a position where constructive critique could be helpful to me :)
When I say constructive critique, it does not mean to say my belief in Sufism is wrong :) Sufism is my personal belief and I am happy as a Sufi.

But there are many aspect of me and my life that could be a heck of a lot better :) So feel free to critique on good and bad,

:eek: oh crap what have I done o_O let the lions out to take me :confused: :oops:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think you're on the right path in regards to accepting/respecting science more, but also, science has been something strengthening my faith lately. I feel it can if used in the correct way. So it's something I might suggest exploring more for you, too.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think you're on the right path in regards to accepting/respecting science more, but also, science has been something strengthening my faith lately. I feel it can if used in the correct way. So it's something I might suggest exploring more for you, too.
Thank you for the reply and advice @Snow White :) Yes neurotheology and some forms of science do help me actually :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Me worry :confused: who would know :oops:

I think you might not worry about the things that are sung about here, but... I do get the impression you worry a lot. More about philosophical things, but still. I think it would be helpful just to sit back, smile, and even be silly a bit more.

In the end, spreading joy is probably the best thing we can do.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think you might not worry about the things that are sung about here, but... I do get the impression you worry a lot. More about philosophical things, but still. I think it would be helpful just to sit back, smile, and even be silly a bit more.

In the end, spreading joy is probably the best thing we can do.
What you say is true :) I do have one problem, in my life that actually is a red line all through my life, I never feel good enough (and yes that is a problem, I am aware of)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That has been changing over the years, but right now as I speak it is both.

I know you're really spiritual, but are you taking care of yourself physically?

(I don't say this with any judgement... I often neglect this aspect of life myself. :( )

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I know you're really spiritual, but are you taking care of yourself physically?

(I don't say this with any judgement... I often neglect this aspect of life myself. :( )
Yes, I do take care of myself, but I have over many years only thought of others, and at that time I "forgot" about myself. The problem now is that it is very difficult for me to see the "Value" in who I am to myself.
I have spoken with health personnel and they say it comes from being an empath, that others become more important than I see myself. the wish to be there for everyone else become to big, so a little over a month ago I burned myself out mentally and physically, that was my wake-up call that I was about to do something I could not get out of. So I did seek a doctor's advice and follow that now.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I do take care of myself, but I have over many years only thought of others, and at that time I "forgot" about myself. The problem now is that it is very difficult for me to see the "Value" in who I am to myself.
I have spoken with health personnel and they say it comes from being an empath, that others become more important than I see myself. the wish to be there for everyone else become to big, so a little over a month ago I burned myself out mentally and physically, that was my wake-up call that I was about to do something I could not get out of. So I did seek a doctor's advice and follow that now.

I have this same struggle. I'm sorry you go through it. I'm glad you are following your doctor's advice.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
What you say is true :) I do have one problem, in my life that actually is a red line all through my life, I never feel good enough (and yes that is a problem, I am aware of)

good enough for what?,I think it’s better to believe in yourself personally that you are above good enough,maybe not extravagantly but open to improvement

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Peer pressure,maybe your god,we’re all different and all have many rivers to cross,I reckon you’ll be ok
The only one who put pressure on me is me :) I can not blame anyone else. what I trying to teach myself is to put the level of expectation lower than I used to do, I should be good enough as I am

Wildstar

Right now in my life, I am in a position where constructive critique could be helpful to me :)
When I say constructive critique, it does not mean to say my belief in Sufism is wrong :) Sufism is my personal belief and I am happy as a Sufi.

But there are many aspect of me and my life that could be a heck of a lot better :) So feel free to critique on good and bad,

:eek: oh crap what have I done o_O let the lions out to take me :confused: :oops:

I do not live in your shoes, so my views will be only this. Live your best life, according to your own measure. The views of outsiders are just that. Only you know yourself.