• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Best Shot

Skwim

Veteran Member
You're sitting alone in an airport waiting for your flight which is due to board shortly when the person siting next to you engages you in a discussion about religion. During the course of the conversation he mentions that his religion is the only true religion. Being a different religion from your own, you disagree and tell him yours is thee true religion. He looks at his watch and says, "Okay, you've got a few minutes to make your case. Take your best shot." Taking him up on his challenge you tell him:___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ .

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Being a different religion from your own, you disagree and tell him yours is thee true religion.

Being a different religion from your own, you disagree and tell him yours is you true religion.

I jest haha! I know it's just a typo but I'm gonna give ya p00p for it anyways!

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
You're sitting alone in an airport waiting for your flight which is due to board shortly when the person siting next to you engages you in a discussion about religion. During the course of the conversation he mentions that his religion is the only true religion. Being a different religion from your own, you disagree and tell him yours is thee true religion. He looks at his watch and says, "Okay, you've got a few minutes to make your case. Take your best shot." Taking him up on his challenge you tell him:___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ .

Recognising the potential futility of such a conversation I would state that in my faith, when two people argue about religion they are both wrong.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

I shoot him in the head. Then he can find out for himself and quit bothering me with it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You're sitting alone in an airport waiting for your flight which is due to board shortly when the person siting next to you engages you in a discussion about religion. During the course of the conversation he mentions that his religion is the only true religion. Being a different religion from your own, you disagree and tell him yours is thee true religion. He looks at his watch and says, "Okay, you've got a few minutes to make your case. Take your best shot." Taking him up on his challenge you tell him:___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ..

I really can't answer this as phrased because the underlined is something I'd never say, even without the additional 'e.'

I'd simply tell him, "Yes, yours is indeed the One True Religion™...for you."

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I would tell him to sit right there. Then I would tell him I will be right back, go find a TSA agent, and tell the agent I thought I heard the gentleman muttering something about dying and taking everyone with him to his "heaven" on this flight. (Don't judge me, I had already been bumped from two flights and I think I was coming down with a cold.)

syo

my religion teaches love above anything else.

Shaul

Premium Member
I would tell him the following: My religion doesn’t seek to make converts, nor is it out to prove itself. It recognizes that all religions have some measure of truth in it, including his. But Judaism simply states that it is the best and truest faith. If he wants to learn more, I will answer any questions he might have as well as I can as a fallible example of a practicing Jew.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

"It is a pleasure to learn you are religious, there is only one absolute God but many ways of practicing religious devotion, hence the different religious institutions.

The only thing that ultimately matters though for any and all souls is that they realize immortality.

Immortality for each soul will come from full time devotion one's own religious practice, not anothers', so all the best to you in your religious endeavors."

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

Alert the TSA and then hide in the bathroom until your flight.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I tell him that he doesn't have a holistic understanding of reality and humanity's problems like the Dharmic religions offer, so his religion can't be the whole truth. That the Buddha knew reality inside and out because he penetrated into it and attained the awakened eye of enlightenment.

There is not a problem of the human condition that the Buddha could not give the remedy for.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I would tell him, "Look, I don't want to tell you this any more than you want to hear it, but God just told me that unless you convert to my religion your plane is going to crash". Then, before he had a chance to respond I would shrug, give him a sad smile and say, "Good luck" and go get in line.

Skwim,

Why are you posting this question? I'm genuinely curious. Are you seeking to start an argument? Are you searching for someone who might be able to convince you?

My response to such a question would be, "It's impossible to convince anyone of the Truth. Only God can give someone faith."

As the Scriptures say, "No one can come to me (that is, Christ, Who is the Truth) unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day." (John 6:44)

and

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." (Ephesians 2:8)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As a twist on this - if aliens came to Earth and had no religion of their own, what might persuade them to choose one particular Earthly faith over another - assuming they came in peace and not 'shoot to kill'. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As a twist on this - if aliens came to Earth and had no religion of their own, what might persuade them to choose one particular Earthly faith over another - assuming they came in peace and not 'shoot to kill'. :D

There are a lot of people think your lot did it, but you say not, that is very honest of you.
I'd recommend spending some time talking to people, visiting the teachers of various beliefs theist and atheist. take a look at some of the religious forums, RF is a good mix of opinions. Then when you have all the information you need to make an informed decision, make up your own mind.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There are a lot of people think your lot did it, but you say not, that is very honest of you.
I'd recommend spending some time talking to people, visiting the teachers of various beliefs theist and atheist. take a look at some of the religious forums, RF is a good mix of opinions. Then when you have all the information you need to make an informed decision, make up your own mind.

Do you think they might be persuaded as to choosing one? After all, they are driving a rather clapped-out old wreck of a saucer! :D

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

It's a trick question, every space faring entity in the universe is naturally religious and know it is only lessor evolved entities who believe in atheism...