• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your best argument that G-d does not exist

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
However, I reject the concepts of God based on morality. The morals of God should be untouchable/unquestionable. I don't find this to be the case especially for Christian, Muslim or Jewish Gods. Man should not be able to be morally superior to God.

Since man is capable of moral superiority I have to presume the God of these concepts don't exist.

Man is not superior in morals.
But that is another topic.

Regards

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I don't think it is any difficult. If a woman checks with a lab if a baby (in conception) exists in her belly or does not exist. The test will tell if it exist or does not exist.
One can find with a tester if current in a cable exists or does not exist. So on and so forth.

Plus, if one cannot prove that G-d does not exist, one may opt to believe in G-d. It is very natural and simple.

Regards

Point to note:
Nobody has given any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"

But God is not something tangible. It is not like it is hidden somewhere in a given room and all we need to do is to open that door to check if it is there.
It is an entity that can not be tested and unnecessary to explain anything.

How would you proceed if you, for example, wanted to prove there is no invisible intangible elephant in your bedroom right now ?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But God is not something tangible. It is not like it is hidden somewhere in a given room and all we need to do is to open that door to check if it is there.
It is an entity that can not be tested and unnecessary to explain anything.

How would you proceed if you, for example, wanted to prove there is no invisible intangible elephant in your bedroom right now ?

Sure G-d is not tangible.
We know Him from His communication with the righteous prophets/messenger who were truthful persons.

Regards

Shad

Veteran Member
We know Him from His communication with the righteous prophets/messenger who were truthful persons.

Regards

Circular reasoning. To be a prophet one must be a true messenger of God which you need to accept thus does not prove God. X is a prophet of God because X says he/she is a prophet of God thus gives us knowledge of God. It is entirely a presuppositional argument and invalid

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Regards

Therefore, proving that something tangible like a baby does not exists in a given belly is not comparable to proving that god does not exist.

Can you imagine any possible test that I could do to prove that God doesn't exist ?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Therefore, proving that something tangible like a baby does not exists in a given belly is not comparable to proving that god does not exist.

Can you imagine any possible test that I could do to prove that God doesn't exist ?

If you don't have a system to prove that "God does not exist"; then you should realize that your standpoint is wrong. Why insist on wrong and unnatural ideology?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is no evidence for God. It's true that absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, but absence is a reasonable assumption.

I don't agree with you.
How is it reasonable. Please give your proofs, evidences and or your arguments to prove your viewpoint.

Regards

Koldo

Outstanding Member
If you don't have a system to prove that "God does not exist"; then you should realize that your standpoint is wrong. Why insist on wrong and unnatural ideology?
Regards

What standpoint? What wrong and unnatural ideology?

Not believing that God exists?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Regards
If you don't have a system to prove that "God does exist"; then you should realize that your standpoint is wrong. Why insist on wrong and unnatural ideology?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If you don't have a system to prove that "God does exist"; then you should realize that your standpoint is wrong. Why insist on wrong and unnatural ideology?

Sorry sir, I have a system and I don't shift any burden to others. Please read my post # 159 where I defined G-d and said G-d of the said definition and attributes has communicated with righteous human beings always in all regions of the world and at all times, at His discretion.

Please have a look again.

Regards

Point to note:
Nobody has given so far any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"; here we
discuss this topic.
Strong Atheists! Please don't shift your burden; weak ones are excused, if they so like.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Sorry sir, I have a system and I don't shift any burden to others.
This whole thread is nothing but you shifting the burden to those who dismiss the god claim.

Please read my post # 159 where I defined G-d and said G-d of the said definition and attributes has communicated with righteous human beings always in all regions of the world and at all times, at His discretion.
Exactly.
You make a god claim and because you know you can not prove your claim is true, you want others to prove your claim is false.
Such dishonesty is rather disgusting and any deity that accepts it is not a deity worth anything.

Nobody has given so far any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"; here we discuss this topic.
Strong Atheists! Please don't shift your burden; weak ones are excused, if they so like.
Since there is no evidence outside the wishful thinking, Pascals Wagers, logical fallacies, and emotional rants of those claiming god exists, there is no good reason to believe god exists.

now I understand that the above answer will not be good enough for you.
And to that all i have to say is tough.

Until you can support your claim, there is no reason to not dismiss it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sorry sir, I have a system and I don't shift any burden to others. Please read my post # 159 where I defined G-d and said G-d of the said definition and attributes has communicated with righteous human beings always in all regions of the world and at all times, at His discretion.

Please have a look again.

Regards

Point to note:
Nobody has given so far any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"; here we
discuss this topic.
Im interested in the question I posed earlier and Koldo (225) rementioned. How would you go about prooving a purple flying elephant does not exist? What methods and tests youd administer to find out a claim of something that is said to exist is not true?

You are asking us to proove your claim false. To say God exist does not mean He does. Best proof is there is nothing here that even mirrors the attributes you described in (if this is the case) an external God.

Maybe give us proof God exist a part from human attributes and prophets he spoke to. He should stand on His own to feet. His existence (and non existence) doesnt depend on people.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Ramadan fasting rules, as written on behalf of Muhammad in the Quran, require dawn to dusk fasting for all healthy Islamic followers worldwide during the month of Ramadan. The dawn to dusk fasting rules as written in the Quran do not apply equally to all healthy persons in all regions nor could these rules ever be applied equally to all healthy Muslims, because they live in different regions of the world where the amount of daylight varies by season and latitude. Equal periods of day and night don't exist for most everybody. Consequently, Ramadan sunrise to sunset fasting can't possibly be followed equally by all healthy Muslims. The length of time required for sunrise to sunset fasting during Ramadan is based solely on a person's geographical location. I think it doesn't make any sense and it's unfair that the amount of Ramadan sunrise to sunset fasting time required for each Muslim is different based solely on the latitude of where the Muslim lives. Because the southern most inhabitants experience very short days during summer month of Ramadan, and they would only be required to fast for a few hours a day. The northern most inhabitants experience daylight throughout the month of Ramadan, and they would die from starvation while fasting for a whole month without food and drink. Nowhere in the Quran is it written that people of the polar regions can break their fast at the time of sunset until sunrise of the country next to them. This law was added later in Islam in order to correct a stupid mistake made, as written on behalf of Muhammad, for the dawn to dusk fasting law during Ramadan. The Ramadan fasting rule as written in the Quran is evidence that Muhammad was not divinely inspired.