• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your best argument that G-d does not exist

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You really need to specify which god, or this thread can go nowhere.

We need to know which god, and what it's characteristics are before it can be meaningfully engaged with.

I defined G-d, post 159.

Regards

Point to note:
Nobody has given any positive proofs and evidences that “G-d does not exist"

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I don't need to convince the theists. I need them to understand that I have no duty to agree with them when it comes to god or his existence.

I understand it.
There is no compulsion in convincing others or getting convinced for a concept. It is an individual's own prerogative.

Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I want to make it clear, since I started the thread, that the OP believes in Oneness of G-d. The word "G-d" is singular, so discussing "all gods exists" or "many gods" is another topic. Please

Regards

Point to note:

1st you did mention gods as a collective whole in your reply to me.
In all fairness, all gods exists, as a concept simply because they are claimed to exist.

Regardless if one is right or wrong above,

2nd, it would not matter if it were gods or god, they are in the same category with the same burden in needing proof they do not exist. (As asked in OP)

Unless youre saying for that there is proof for gods to not exist but not god?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No god doesn't exist, if he did there would be proof by now , but there has never been a single proof that he does, lets face it, its been a few thousand years and not one piece of evidence, yes there has been a lot of talk, but nothing other than that, and still they try in vain.

I just have to remind here that here the Atheists have to provide proofs and evidences that "G-d does not exist", so please enlighten us on this. You are welcome to do it.

Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I want to make it clear, since I started the thread, that the OP believes in Oneness of G-d. The word "G-d" is singular, so discussing "all gods exists" or "many gods" is another topic. Please

Regards

Point to note:

Also, I answered your OP in post 22. What is your definition of the best answer?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
For example, I'm fairly certain that the OP was referring to arguments against the Abrahamic god because he's Muslim, as far as I can tell. But only addressing arguments against the Abrahamic God does a great disservice to the depth of religious belief, doesn't it?

Sure the responses are expected as per OP, that I originated, giving proofs and evidences against G-d who is One and Unique that he does not exist.

For more clarification I give some more attributes as mentioned below:

[112:1]In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[112:2]Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
[112:3]‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
[112:4]‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
[112:5]‘And there is none like unto Him.’
Quran: Chapter 112

As one would observe this will exclude the Christian-god, definitely, who has a wife and a son but this will include Tao and or Brahman if this fits with the above definition or attributes characteristics. Jews remain included.

The concept of Abrahamic religions, as I mentioned earlier, is erroneous.
The truthful religion was founded by the first human being who got evolved and received Converse of G-d.

Abraham is an important person though.

Regards

Point to note:

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How can you give proof of something that does not exist? I can proove that the concept of god's existence is ingraved in culture, psychological, and upbringing. Independent of religious text, culture, etc, God does not exist.

Youre asking proof fhat nothing exist. The fact that nothing is here (space) is proof enough.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If there was a God this world would not be in the rotten condition it is.

This is another topic as to whether this world is in a rotten condition and why.
We may discuss it another thread.
For the present, everybody please remain focussed on giving the best argument that G-d does not exist.

Thanks for the input.

Regards

Point to note:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This question may be hard for atheist and non abrahamics to answer. The earth provides all what you mentioned. She communicates with us and we her. (Using pronouns since this is personal). I see everything as a

1. Self sustaining and all sustaining. The universe (real universe not metaphysic language) takes care of us. She exists a part from us. She was here billions of years before our birth and will after. We arent the center of the universe. Just THAT alone, abrahamic god making humans as if we are at its center makes me think god is man created. You can see it in all holy books, mythology, peoples testimonies, case studies, psychiatry, etc etc.

If you can proove Gods existence a part from these things, then I know there is something in which to disprove. So far, there isnt anything.

2nd Because the abrahamic god looks like a product of the human mind, culture, and literature, all his aftributes you listed will mirror that of humans. His personality, how we define him, nothing about him independent of our definition of him.

Many people of all cultures who are not christian, muslim, and jew have communicated with the earth and spirits as god or intercessor to a god they cant reach. A lot of neo pagans who have concepts of god communicate with him or her as well with an open mind that their god (to some) is not external and literal as allah.

Unless you can find a characteristic that God alone shares (it cant be the opposite of what humans want...example perfection, ever lasting life). If God is not of this word, his attributes should be so unique that we know it is NOT from this word nor human in concept and literally speaking.

Until then, no God exists. As a result, its impossible to give evidence for a non existent being.

I think I have defined G-d that I believe in in some recent posts in other threads. There is however no harm giving it here again:

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. Our G-d is identified by many attributes or these good attributes identify him. I give some of His attributes:

[2:256]Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
Quran : Chapter 2
He has existed always and has communicated with righteous persons in every region of the world and in all ages.
His communication identifies that He exists.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
1st you did mention gods as a collective whole in your reply to me.
paarsurrey said:
In all fairness, all gods exists, as a concept simply because they are claimed to exist.

I think that was a quote from somebody I responded.

Regards

Point to note:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How can you give proof of something that does not exist?

I don't think it is any difficult. If a woman checks with a lab if a baby (in conception) exists in her belly or does not exist. The test will tell if it exist or does not exist.
One can find with a tester if current in a cable exists or does not exist. So on and so forth.

Plus, if one cannot prove that G-d does not exist, one may opt to believe in G-d. It is very natural and simple.

Regards

Point to note:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What about if the woman has no reason for testing because she never had sex? Maybe people are telling her she has a baby, go get tested. When she comes back with results she is not, they still dont believe her even if there were no men on the planet. Why ask someone to disprove something that does not exist? Thats like my assuming that woman slept with someone (though I am not her) and I tell her she has a baby that she Knows she doesnt have.

A few atheist say they Know God does not exist. Given that fact (like no baby in the womb) why would the atheist want to proove god's non existence? Also, with an ultrasound, you can tell if one is pregnant. What methods should an atheist use to find evidence for nothing?

I don't think it is any difficult. If a woman checks with a lab if a baby (in conception) exists in her belly or does not exist. The test will tell if it exist or does not exist.
One can find with a tester if current in a cable exists or does not exist. So on and so forth.

Plus, if one cannot prove that G-d does not exist, one may opt to believe in G-d. It is very natural and simple.

Regards

Point to note:

EDIT Off topic

For sake of debate, it is easier to proove God exist than his non existence. The blessings and warnings we receive daily can be attributed to God. Given he is invisible, no natural laws can test this attribution false. Creation is also evidence that a God exists ONLY to the person who believes in a creator. If existence is based on our beliefs, if we can believe something into existence, then that could be evidence.

On the other end, there is no "creation", concept, idea, history, books for an atheist to use as support for a non existent being. If he had a book, it would be blank.

Last edited:

averageJOE

zombie
I have given the attributes of G-d that I believe in. If somebody believes in "Jim" (a hypothetical god who has never communicated) having the same attributes then we go comparing other communications they both have made. The fake one will be disproved.

Regards
Do you even understand your own question? You are asking us to disprove your belief. Think about what you are asking. Disprove your belief.

averageJOE

zombie

Regards

Point to note:
So you are saying your god can be proven with the use of a modern scientific instrument?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So you are saying your god can be proven with the use of a modern scientific instrument?

I think I never said it. Please quote from me.

I think I just wanted to show that negatives could be proved with sensible/rational tests/experiments/arguments/experiences etc., suitable for the matter in hand.

Regards

Point to note:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Do you even understand your own question? You are asking us to disprove your belief. Think about what you are asking. Disprove your belief.

Try if you can, please. I am eyes and ears.

Regards

Point to note:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Point to note:

In addition to my post 213, which are serious questions, another thought and question I have for you...

What methods would an atheist use (as the altrasound analagy) to find evidence of God not existing?

What examples of evidence could there be?

Think about it. I am assuming you Know Thor does not exist. He is a character and god of mythology. Yet, I ask you to proove he does Not exist. How do you go about prooving a negative? Thor exists because he is written in many books. A lot of people Do believe in Thor, more than you may think. If you look outside, you can see Thor in peoples personalities. The protection of animal and her young.

I listed claims and evidence for Thor's existence. What methods would you "use" and what evidence independent of "Because God said so" that prooves Thor does not exist?

Literally.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
For Christ sake you do not have to hyphenate God like G-d...

This branch of the forum isn't good for my suicidal tenancies. That's not a cry for help its a cry for laughter.
This is just to make a distinction that Jesus as god is not being discussed here.

Regards