• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Best Argument for God's Existence

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So, should i trust your brain or my brain when it comes to Gods existence?

Unless your brain is malfunctioning in some way, you have no choice but to trust it.

You seam perplexed? :)

I found your response perplexing.

Only if you contribute.

It’s not one of my favourite things to discuss, but I might if there were a thread about it.

Ohhhhhh, so let me get this straght, we theists get accused of having faith because its comforting. Then when we deny thats the reason, its not accepted. But here the real beans are being spilled out. You believe in the worldview of humanism because its the most comforting. Its not based on intellectualism, its based on emotionalism

Thanks for the admittence. :cool:

I don’t think I’ve said anything about why you have faith. Have I?

I also didn’t say that I follow humanism because it’s comforting. I said I follow it because I think it results in the greatest amount of well-being for the greatest amount of people.

Humans yes, but me to you? Nope. I have not been demonstrated to exist to you. Yet you believe i exist. You have faith i exist. You are going against your principles. You should not be having faith i exist before its demonstrated to you that i exist.

It doesn’t really matter if you specifically exist. We still know that humans exist and that humans create things. There is no faith required there.

We do not know that deities exist and create anything. So I have no reason to believe they do.

I’m not really interested in getting into solipsism because I don’t find it to be particularly useful.

Theres lots of testimony experiences of God. Millions actually. Just look at NDEs. Do you believe dreams exist? Dreams havent been physically demonstrated to exist.

Those are all personal experiences that do not extend to anyone else. Not to mention that these experiences that people have span a variety of different religious and personal beliefs with none being the same. These are not experiences that can be demonstrated to anybody else, and they’re completely subject to the perceptions of the person experiencing the phenomenon. NDEs are not proof of life after death and even if they were, they aren’t evidence that lead us to any god(s). And of course focusing on so-called NDEs doesn’t take into consideration the fact that people can “die” for several minutes and experience nothing whatsoever. What of those people?

Brain activity while sleeping can be viewed via EEG scans. We know what the entire sleep cycle looks like in a sleeping human being. And then there’s this:

Neuroscientists Can Now Read Your Dreams With a Simple Brain Scan

Do dreams need to be demonstrated? My last dream was a snake bite. Do i need to demonstrate that in order for it to be true?

Yes, things need to be demonstrated to exist.

The existence of god(s) definitely need to be demonstrated, if one is asserting their existence.

What do you think about dreams? Are they proof of gods?

If we see the same hallmarks of order, design and information in nature, is it such a stretch to infer a designer?

What hallmarks would those be? Why has nobody been able to demonstrate this design you speak of?

And like i said, brilliant people who are very well informed and learned on a topic can take a complicated topic and pound it into simplicity. So, lets test how brilliant you are. Come on, what is logic? You took a course after all. Should be EASY to answer.

You asked where logic came from and how it developed. I see no point in getting into all that because that is an entire course worth of material. Also, I don’t see the relevancy. Perhaps you could point it out.

I’m not here to take any tests from you or anybody else. If you don’t know how logic developed, I suggest taking a course on the subject.

Logic is the study of the methods involved in determining incorrect versus correct reasoning.

I got a question. If hypothetically i did demonstrate God exists, and this God told you he wanted you to be his slave, would you say yes or no?

I would ask such a god why it wants a slave, listen to its reasons and then give an answer. But probably not.

Unless your brain is malfunctioning in some way, you have no choice but to trust it.

No malfunctioning. But, i still have a choice. I can trust your brain or my brain. My brain says theres a God, your brain says there no God. So, what brain do i trust? :p

It’s not one of my favourite things to discuss, but I might if there were a thread about it.

You find talking about logic boring? Was the course boring?

I don’t think I’ve said anything about why you have faith. Have I?

No, you havent and i apreciate it, lol. But, its happened before.

I also didn’t say that I follow humanism because it’s comforting. I said I follow it because I think it results in the greatest amount of well-being for the greatest amount of people.

Isnt well being comforting?

It doesn’t really matter if you specifically exist. We still know that humans exist and that humans create things. There is no faith required there.

Nope, i wont give you that. Faith is required by you to believe i exist. For all you know i could be a computer generated program that replies to your posts. You dont know. You need faith to believe i exist.

We do not know that deities exist and create anything. So I have no reason to believe they do.

I dont "know" as in 100% gave proof. But, i still have REASON to believe God exists. My reasons are the spiritual experiences ive had. Plus, the design i see in the world.

I’m not really interested in getting into solipsism because I don’t find it to be particularly useful.

Thats not what im talking about though.

Those are all personal experiences that do not extend to anyone else. Not to mention that these experiences that people have span a variety of different religious and personal beliefs with none being the same.

They dont have to be the same. In fact, them being different shows there real. NDEs for instance all have similarities and uniqueness, which shows there real.

These are not experiences that can be demonstrated to anybody else, and they’re completely subject to the perceptions of the person experiencing the phenomenon. NDEs are not proof of life after death and even if they were, they aren’t evidence that lead us to any god(s).

Actually thats not true. NDEs do reveal God and guardians and angels.

And of course focusing on so-called NDEs doesn’t take into consideration the fact that people can “die” for several minutes and experience nothing whatsoever. What of those people?

Those peoples energy centers (aka chakras) are not fully opened yet. There soul is still lodged in the body. There was a quote from a jewish source that said the spirit hovers near the body for three days.

But, in anycase, its going to very. Reality always veries.

Brain activity while sleeping can be viewed via EEG scans. We know what the entire sleep cycle looks like in a sleeping human being. And then there’s this:

Neuroscientists Can Now Read Your Dreams With a Simple Brain Scan

Thats not what i was talking about. This only shows parts of the brain firing off. It dont show the image or landscape of the persons dream.

So, does a person need to prove there dream landscape in order to be viewed as honest? I dont think so.

Yes, things need to be demonstrated to exist.

No they dont. Nope. They sure dont. Not everything needs to be demonstrated. My last dream i remember was a snake bit my foot. I dont need to demonstrate that. I also dont need to demonstrate that i see design in the world. I dont need to demonstrate that ive had a few ESP experiences and OBEs. But, they wer real. My mom seen a UFO and saw an angel appear to her at a seperate time. Those things dont need to be demonstrated, NOR CAN THEY be demonstrated. Yet, there true.

The existence of god(s) definitely need to be demonstrated, if one is asserting their existence.

No, they dont. Some people God has demonstrated his existence. But it does not have to be demonstrated to all. Why do you think otherwise?

What do you think about dreams? Are they proof of gods?

No, but, its on the same level because no one can demonstrate there dream and showing brain patterns doesn't cut it.

What hallmarks would those be? Why has nobody been able to demonstrate this design you speak of?

You cant demonstrate design to a blind man. Again, should i trust your brain or my brain? My brain sees obvious design.

Are you skeptical about your skepticism?

You asked where logic came from and how it developed. I see no point in getting into all that because that is an entire course worth of material. Also, I don’t see the relevancy. Perhaps you could point it out.

DNA and religion and every other subject is loads of material as well. Yet wer discussing it.

Logic is relavent because its important in critical thinking and discussing these issues. Without a base of logic, discussion of disagreement will go nowhere fast.

So, give me a simple definition of logic.

I’m not here to take any tests from you or anybody else. If you don’t know how logic developed, I suggest taking a course on the subject.

No, im not taking any course for the third time now i think it is. This is a discussion, so, im asking you questions pertaining to things you say.

Logic is the study of the methods involved in determining incorrect versus correct reasoning.

I agree. Does logic have assumptions surrounding it?

I would ask such a god why it wants a slave, listen to its reasons and then give an answer. But probably not.

If his reasons wer that you belong to him because he made you and the entire world, thats why, would you say yes or no to being his slave?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No malfunctioning. But, i still have a choice. I can trust your brain or my brain. My brain says theres a God, your brain says there no God. So, what brain do i trust? :p

This is why we need to rely on evidence, rather than feelings.

We need to verify with others and with other methods, that our perceptions of the world around us are trustworthy.

You find talking about logic boring? Was the course boring?

I didn’t say boring, I just said it’s not one of my favourite things to talk about because it can be quite tedious at times.

No, you havent and i apreciate it, lol. But, its happened before.

:)

Isnt well being comforting?

I guess it’s comforting in the sense that I’d like to see everyone experience the most optimal levels of well-being possible for human beings to have.

Nope, i wont give you that. Faith is required by you to believe i exist. For all you know i could be a computer generated program that replies to your posts. You dont know. You need faith to believe i exist.

This is silly because I think you’re avoiding the point. Even if you are a bot, you still exist. We know bots exist. It wouldn’t be an extraordinary event if I found out that you are a bot, or a human, because we can verify that both things exist. What we can’t verify the existence of is supernatural claims such as gods. We do not know that gods exist and it has not been demonstrated.

I don’t think that the type of faith that is required of religious belief is comparable to the degree of confidence it takes to determine that I am most likely speaking with a human or even a bot. The likelihood that I’m speaking with a giraffe isn’t very high.

To me, faith is belief without evidence. Because if you had good evidence you’d just cite that instead of “faith.” For example, if you asked me if I accept the theory of evolution, I wouldn’t tell you that I accept it based on faith. I would say I accept based on the evidence, and then I’d provide some evidence.

I dont "know" as in 100% gave proof. But, i still have REASON to believe God exists. My reasons are the spiritual experiences ive had. Plus, the design i see in the world.

And that may very well be good evidence for you. But it does nothing to demonstrate anything to me or anyone else.

Reasons aren’t necessarily evidence either. For instance, if I say I believe in God because it makes me feel safe, I haven’t provided any actual evidence, just a reason for why I believe.

Thats not what im talking about though.
It seems to be where you are going with your line of argumentation.

They dont have to be the same. In fact, them being different shows there real. NDEs for instance all have similarities and uniqueness, which shows there real.

NDEs are absolutely real. People do have these experiences. The part that can’t be demonstrated is that they have anything to do with any god(s). NDEs are not evidence for the existence of god(s).

If they’re all supposedly coming from the same god and the same religion, I would expect a lot of similarity.

Actually thats not true. NDEs do reveal God and guardians and angels.

How??

Those peoples energy centers (aka chakras) are not fully opened yet. There soul is still lodged in the body. There was a quote from a jewish source that said the spirit hovers near the body for three days.

Please demonstrate this. And while you’re at it, please demonstrate that souls and chakras exist.

But, in anycase, its going to very. Reality always veries.

What reality??

Thats not what i was talking about. This only shows parts of the brain firing off. It dont show the image or landscape of the persons dream.

It shows that dreams are generated by our brains.

Remember I was responding to your questions regarding whether dreams need to be demonstrated. The fact that animals dream is in fact, demonstrable.

Scientists are working on the rest …

Animating Dreams and the Future of Dream Recording
Theoretically, Recording Dreams Is Possible...Scientists Are Trying

So, does a person need to prove there dream landscape in order to be viewed as honest? I dont think so.

I don’t think so either.

“Human beings often dream while they’re asleep” is not an extraordinary claim.

No they dont. Nope. They sure dont. Not everything needs to be demonstrated. My last dream i remember was a snake bit my foot. I dont need to demonstrate that. I also dont need to demonstrate that i see design in the world. I dont need to demonstrate that ive had a few ESP experiences and OBEs. But, they wer real. My mom seen a UFO and saw an angel appear to her at a seperate time. Those things dont need to be demonstrated, NOR CAN THEY be demonstrated. Yet, there true.

I said that things need to be demonstrated to exist. We already know that people have dreams and we can see the corresponding brain activity occurring in real time. That people dream, is not an extraordinary claim. So if you tell me that you had a dream, I have little reason to think that you didn’t, because I know that people dream. The same way that I can determine that I’m most likely speaking to a person over the internet, rather than a giraffe.

You’re right, you don’t need to demonstrate that you see design in the world. The part that needs to be demonstrated if you want others to see what you see is the actual design. I don’t need you to demonstrate to me that you believe in a thing. I need you to demonstrate that the thing actually exists.

I’m sure all those things were real to you. But just because you attach some supernatural explanation to them doesn’t make that supernatural explanation plausible.

What you don’t get to do is claim that angels or aliens exist without some demonstration of their actual existence. Because if you use your method, then we have to believe that everything anybody claims to exist, actually does exist. That includes leprechauns, demons, fairies, aliens, chupacabras, and on and on. If we use that method, we have no way to ever verify anything.

No, they dont. Some people God has demonstrated his existence. But it does not have to be demonstrated to all. Why do you think otherwise?

Because that’s the burden of proof works.

Something doesn’t exist just because you say it does.

No, but, its on the same level because no one can demonstrate there dream and showing brain patterns doesn't cut it.

It demonstrates that dreams exist, and are generated by brains. Perhaps you could point out how that makes dreams comparable to supernatural claims.

You cant demonstrate design to a blind man. Again, should i trust your brain or my brain? My brain sees obvious design.

That sounds a lot like a cop out to me.

You clearly stated that there are “hallmarks of order, design and information in nature.” If you can’t state what they are, then you have no business making such a claim.

I’m only blind in the sense that I don’t see the hallmarks you’re talking about, mainly because you haven’t mentioned what they are.

Are you skeptical about your skepticism?

Yep.

DNA and religion and every other subject is loads of material as well. Yet wer discussing it.

Logic is relavent because its important in critical thinking and discussing these issues. Without a base of logic, discussion of disagreement will go nowhere fast.

So, give me a simple definition of logic.

No, im not taking any course for the third time now i think it is. This is a discussion, so, im asking you questions pertaining to things you say.

How about we adhere to the established rules of logic?

I agree. Does logic have assumptions surrounding it?

There are premises and conclusions.

Again, what you had initially asked was “Where did logic come from?” rather than, “What is logic?” And I feel that was because you were trying to lead us down the path to “God did it.”

If his reasons wer that you belong to him because he made you and the entire world, thats why, would you say yes or no to being his slave?

I would say no, that’s not a good enough reason and I do not belong to you.

My parents created me and brought me into this world. That doesn’t mean they own me as property.

Your fallacy is based on a misunderstanding of what an occurence of several errors mean. And you neglect a simple fact: errors that destroy things disappear. The recipe is thrown away and the old one is restored. Errors that improve things REMAIN, until the old recipe is replaced by the new that oncorporate the “error”.

Ok, gotcha.

It is not like you have a bunch of errors and then an improvement. Event though that would be still possible, the probabilities would be astronomically low.

Right.

No. The trick is: if one (improbable yet possible) error improves the product, then, unlike bad errors, that error REMAINS. It is naturally (in case of animals) or artificially (in case of cakes) selected, but the end result is a new recipe that incorporates the error and replace all the others that don’t have it. It will lose its ontology of error and will become the new standard.

Right, but isnt this selection process imply intelligence?

The fact that good errors remain is central. They are automatically selected by randomly improving things. And better things tend to substitute the bad ones. And that persistence is not random anymore.

Right....

And once the new recipe plus error become the new standard, you are ready for the next lucky strike, maybe after a long time of stasis. Which will also remain, and become the new standard. And so on.

Wait long enough and you will have a product that its vastly better than the original, even though it was not designed at all.

But, dont recepis originate from intelligence?

Again, this is the essence. And logically it is flawless.

Ciao

- viole

What about the origin of the recipe (aka, information)?

This is why we need to rely on evidence, rather than feelings.

We need to verify with others and with other methods, that our perceptions of the world around us are trustworthy.

Which i do rely on others methods. They have shown there to be design in the world by finding out how the whole world works.

I didn’t say boring, I just said it’s not one of my favourite things to talk about because it can be quite tedious at times.

Making something thats complicated and turning it into sinplicity is an art. It takes real brain power to do it. I challenge you to do it. It dont have to be tedious. The more you understand something, the easyer it is to explain it.

:D:p

I guess it’s comforting in the sense that I’d like to see everyone experience the most optimal levels of well-being possible for human beings to have.

1 you assume this
2 this shows what motivates your view. Desire, rather then intellectual reasoning.

This is silly because I think you’re avoiding the point. Even if you are a bot, you still exist. We know bots exist. It wouldn’t be an extraordinary event if I found out that you are a bot, or a human, because we can verify that both things exist. What we can’t verify the existence of is supernatural claims such as gods. We do not know that gods exist and it has not been demonstrated.

You did some wild gymnastics in that statement.

The claim is that i exist as a human. Your faith is in that statement that i exist as a human.

You do not know this, i could be a bot. None of this has been verified.

I don’t think that the type of faith that is required of religious belief is comparable to the degree of confidence it takes to determine that I am most likely speaking with a human or even a bot. The likelihood that I’m speaking with a giraffe isn’t very high.

Yes, the degree if confidence is the same. Why? Because to me and many billions of others, its not extrordinary to infer a designer of the universe if we see the hallmarks of design. Its not extrordinary if we have spiritual experiences.

Also, you dont know whether im a giraff either. I very well could be a giraff. Id have to be a genetically modified one made from a mad scientist so id have fingers to type on a phone. But, ya, you have no way of knowing. I could be human, a bot, or a giraff. You dont know, nor has it been verified.

The universe could have been made by intelligence or nothing+chance+time or was always here in one shape or other. We have no way of knowing one way or the other, but, the likelyhood is that intelligence made it, just like the likelyhood that i am a human typing to you. ;)

To me, faith is belief without evidence. Because if you had good evidence you’d just cite that instead of “faith.” For example, if you asked me if I accept the theory of evolution, I wouldn’t tell you that I accept it based on faith. I would say I accept based on the evidence, and then I’d provide some evidence.

I do have evidence. My reasons for faith are not feelings or emotions, its evidence. We see order and design in the universe. Look at your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, ect. Or the DNA, which the OP is about. I information.

And that may very well be good evidence for you. But it does nothing to demonstrate anything to me or anyone else.

Your thing is that you want to directly SEE God. No one BUT God himself can demonstrate that. And thats totally up to him, OR you as well.

Reasons aren’t necessarily evidence either. For instance, if I say I believe in God because it makes me feel safe, I haven’t provided any actual evidence, just a reason for why I believe.

Thats not my reasons. In fact, believing does NOT make me feel safe at all.

I believe because of design, and because of ESP research and NDEs and my own spiritual experiences.

Belief does not always lead to a safe feeling. Let me give you a metaphor: if you wer taking a hike in the woods and believed a brown bear was near by due to fresh droppings on the ground and a bear smell, but could not see him, would you feel safe? Hell no you wouldn't. We dont believe because it makes us feel safe, we believe because we see evidence.

NDEs are absolutely real. People do have these experiences. The part that can’t be demonstrated is that they have anything to do with any god(s). NDEs are not evidence for the existence of god(s).

If they’re all supposedly coming from the same god and the same religion, I would expect a lot of similarity.

There is similarity. People see a light, sometimes a human figure, and the light communicates to them telepathically. Theres a euphoria sense of compassion. Ive read 600 NDEs on a database and there are these similarities.

Please demonstrate this. And while you’re at it, please demonstrate that souls and chakras exist.

First off, do you know what chakras or energy centers are? You can verify these through meditation. Also you can verify them through the transitional phase of an Out of body experience. If some energy centers are not activated enough, you get STUCK in your body in the effort of trying to project. Sometimes half your soul gets out, but the other half is stuck in the body. Theres been testimony of that ive read about.

It shows that dreams are generated by our brains.

Remember I was responding to your questions regarding whether dreams need to be demonstrated. The fact that animals dream is in fact, demonstrable.

Scientists are working on the rest …

Animating Dreams and the Future of Dream Recording
Theoretically, Recording Dreams Is Possible...Scientists Are Trying

Great, but, they do not see the lanscape of our dreams. Only brain firing patterns. Of course the dream is in the brain. But brain firing going on also does not even prove the dream originates from the brain either, no more then when i type on this phone, the phone originates in my brain. Yea, when i look at the phone, brain firing goes off, does that mean the phone is only in my brain? No, of course not.

I don’t think so either.

“Human beings often dream while they’re asleep” is not an extraordinary claim.

Its not important what you call extrordinary. My last dream i remember was a snake bit my foot. I nor scientists can demonstrate that. Nor can they or you see that. But, its just as undemonstratable as demonstrating God. Its no more extrordinary to my scope. Calling something extrordinary means nothing.

There are premises and conclusions.

Again, what you had initially asked was “Where did logic come from?” rather than, “What is logic?” And I feel that was because you were trying to lead us down the path to “God did it.”

Logic is important to use in these kinds of discussions since rarely can anything be "PROVEN".

I would say no, that’s not a good enough reason and I do not belong to you.

My parents created me and brought me into this world. That doesn’t mean they own me as property.

Actually, your parrents own you till your 18. Actually, the government owns them more, by asserting it.

And god, owns the universe. That includes you. So, if you resisted, youd just be a unwilling slave. Think about it?

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Right, but isnt this selection process imply intelligence?

Not necessarily. If the error makes my arms a little longer, for instance, so that I can get more food then my peers, then the selection is natural. It is just selected by the outside environment, which is probably not intelligent.

In a sense, this mechanisms enable a transfer of information from the environment into the phenotype. Like a stick insect. It tells you a lot from the place it lives in, even if you do not know.

But, dont recepis originate from intelligence?

Well, if a random error can improve it and provide the context for the next lucky one, then, who knows? It could simply be an accumulation of persistent selected errors over the eons.

What about the origin of the recipe (aka, information)?

Since we do not how the first recipe looked like, difficult to say.

Ciao

- viole

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Which i do rely on others methods. They have shown there to be design in the world by finding out how the whole world works.

What methods are you referring to? Which of those methods has “shown there to be design in the world?”

Making something thats complicated and turning it into sinplicity is an art. It takes real brain power to do it. I challenge you to do it. It dont have to be tedious. The more you understand something, the easyer it is to explain it.

Okay. I still find it tedious.

1 you assume this

2 this shows what motivates your view. Desire, rather then intellectual reasoning.

I assume what?

Intellectual reasoning tells me that there is no reason not to treat all human beings as equals. Intellectual reasoning tells me that given that all human beings are equal, we are all entitled to the same rights as every other human. Intellectual reasoning tells me that when individuals’ mental, emotional and physical needs are met, they are in an optimum position to be happy and productive members of society.

You did some wild gymnastics in that statement.

Such as? Please lay out for me what your issue is.

The claim is that i exist as a human. Your faith is in that statement that i exist as a human.

What faith is required to determine that you are most likely a human? Or even a bot? Do giraffes usually debate on internet forums?

You do not know this, i could be a bot. None of this has been verified.

It’s been verified by our experiences with the world and what is known to exist in said world.

You could be a bot, or you could be a human. The odds are pretty low that you’re something else. What faith is required of me to decide that you are most likely a human, or even a bot?

Yes, the degree if confidence is the same. Why? Because to me and many billions of others, its not extrordinary to infer a designer of the universe if we see the hallmarks of design. Its not extrordinary if we have spiritual experiences.

Okay, so you see the “hallmarks of design” but can’t seem to articulate what those are. Which is the same as saying nothing at all, in my opinion.

How on earth is the degree of confidence the same when I’m trying to determine whether you’re a human or a giraffe?

Also, you dont know whether im a giraff either. I very well could be a giraff. Id have to be a genetically modified one made from a mad scientist so id have fingers to type on a phone. But, ya, you have no way of knowing. I could be human, a bot, or a giraff. You dont know, nor has it been verified.

Really?? I can be reasonably certain that you are not a giraffe, for a number of reasons. Giraffes can’t talk or type or speak English, as far as we know. Show me a giraffe who does, and I’ll change my mind.

Sorry but your argument is silly. And I’m sorry but if you’re going to seriously try to tell me that the possibilities that you are a giraffe or a human are equal, I’m going to have to question your reasoning abilities. Unless of course you’ve seen a giraffe that can debate on internet forums and can point it out to me.

The universe could have been made by intelligence or nothing+chance+time or was always here in one shape or other. We have no way of knowing one way or the other, but, the likelyhood is that intelligence made it, just like the likelyhood that i am a human typing to you. ;)

Sure. So why do you claim it was the god you believe in?

I do have evidence. My reasons for faith are not feelings or emotions, its evidence. We see order and design in the universe. Look at your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, ect. Or the DNA, which the OP is about. I information.

Evidence you’ve failed to provide, thus far. In fact, when I asked for your evidence, you started talking about faith instead. Hence my statement.

Eyes, ears, mouths, etc. aren’t evidence for any gods.

Your thing is that you want to directly SEE God. No one BUT God himself can demonstrate that. And thats totally up to him, OR you as well.

What I want is evidence.

It’s up to me if God decides to demonstrate its existence? Um no, it’s up to the god.

That’s just another cop-out answer to me.

If god doesn’t care enough to show people that he’s there, then what can I do about it but continue on as if “he” isn’t?

Thats not my reasons. In fact, believing does NOT make me feel safe at all.

I believe because of design, and because of ESP research and NDEs and my own spiritual experiences.

I didn’t say it was your reason. I was just providing an example. But my point stands, as you are still giving me reasons you want to believe a thing, rather than evidence for that thing. There’s nothing linking NDEs or ESP to any god(s), other than your desire to connect them.

Belief does not always lead to a safe feeling. Let me give you a metaphor: if you wer taking a hike in the woods and believed a brown bear was near by due to fresh droppings on the ground and a bear smell, but could not see him, would you feel safe? Hell no you wouldn't. We dont believe because it makes us feel safe, we believe because we see evidence.

Not sure how that’s comparable to God beliefs. Tell me, under your belief system, what happens to you when you die?

There is similarity. People see a light, sometimes a human figure, and the light communicates to them telepathically. Theres a euphoria sense of compassion. Ive read 600 NDEs on a database and there are these similarities.

And what evidence do we have that indicates that telepathy, NDEs or euphoric feelings were created by, or have anything to do with god(s)?

This is why personal experiences don’t really constitute evidence to any but the person experiencing it. Because you are attributing your experiences to things that aren’t actually connected to the experiences, because you already believe some god(s) exist in the first place.

First off, do you know what chakras or energy centers are? You can verify these through meditation. Also you can verify them through the transitional phase of an Out of body experience. If some energy centers are not activated enough, you get STUCK in your body in the effort of trying to project. Sometimes half your soul gets out, but the other half is stuck in the body. Theres been testimony of that ive read about.

Yes I do, and no, they are not verified through meditation or out of body experiences, which aren’t verified either. Neither is the existence of souls. You make a lot of claims based on very little evidence and then you wonder why I keep asking for evidence.

Great, but, they do not see the lanscape of our dreams. Only brain firing patterns. Of course the dream is in the brain. But brain firing going on also does not even prove the dream originates from the brain either, no more then when i type on this phone, the phone originates in my brain. Yea, when i look at the phone, brain firing goes off, does that mean the phone is only in my brain? No, of course not.

Why wouldn’t it show that dreams originate in brains, given that they we can actually watch the brain activity occurring in real-time, as well as body movements that correspond to dream behaviour. What evidence do you have that dreams originate somewhere else or that they are supernatural or something?

Its not important what you call extrordinary. My last dream i remember was a snake bit my foot. I nor scientists can demonstrate that. Nor can they or you see that. But, its just as undemonstratable as demonstrating God. Its no more extrordinary to my scope. Calling something extrordinary means nothing.

Of course whether something is extraordinary or not matters. God claims are extraordinary. Claims that I’m interacting with a human over the internet, for example, are not extraordinary. Claims that trees exist aren’t extraordinary in nature; in fact, it’s a rather mundane claim. Claims that ghosts exist, are extraordinary in nature.

Logic is important to use in these kinds of discussions since rarely can anything be "PROVEN".

I’d be happy if you could demonstrate any of your claims and provide some evidence for them, rather than just your say-so.

Actually, your parrents own you till your 18. Actually, the government owns them more, by asserting it.

Parents don’t own children as property and cannot treat them as such. Parents cannot sell their children or abuse them or do any old thing they want with them, as your God is supposedly allowed to do.

But good point, after I turn 18, I don’t have to have any ties whatsoever with my parents. Wouldn’t it be weird if they told me that I still belonged to them and had to do whatever they said for the rest of my life or they’d lock me up in the basement and torture me for eternity? I should probably call the police if they said something like that, don’t you think?

And god, owns the universe. That includes you. So, if you resisted, youd just be a unwilling slave. Think about it?
Well, that's your claim to demonstrate.

Sorry, I’m nobody’s slave and I think it’s strange that anybody would want to be. If god wants me to be it’s slave, “he” should step out of the shadows and state as much. Otherwise, I’ll have to continue living as if it isn’t there at all.

Is that really how you see the world?