• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your avatar.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, when you're a tree hugging dirt worshipper that's into botany, it just kind of made sense. I don't remember where I found the original image, but I just liked it. Haven't really changed it since, though I think I had a brief phase where I switched it to a picture of an obscure artist in an equally obscure hip hop subgenre...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Mine used to resemble myself. I built it at a time when I used glasses and had more hair. I wish I remembered the name of the online tool that I used. It may have gone offline for all I know.

Edited to add: after a bit of research, I feel fairly certain that it was Meez.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've always had a fascination with birds of prey, and my favorite is the owl, as I feel a personal connection with them. The owl is a symbol of mystery and wisdom. Also, the owl is a vahana of the Lakshmi, as such, a symbol of wealth and prosperity.

I once had an owl land on my thermometer at kitchen window. We stared at each other for several minutes and it remained for quite some time just watching me.

390431_300825759950920_1797204395_n.jpg
Aww, that's lovely. Owls are a favorite animal of mine. They're special to me as they are the sacred animal of Athena, one of the deities I am devoted to.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Mine is very meaningful to me, to cut a long story short.

I was helping out as a grunt on an archaeological dig (a hobby of mine). Clearing away spoil in a cave i unearthed a smooth area. Unsure if it was just a rock or something more interesting i called over the supervisor. He painstakingly unearthed one of the best preserved cro-magnon skulls ever found.

Today you can see it on display at the Nation Museum of Prehistory at Les Eyzies.

It's dated to 22,000 years old so besides the cachet of discovering it, it is handy when in "discussion" with YECs.
Wow, I had no idea! I just thought you were being gloomy. :p

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
(It's the little picture by your username representing you on the forum.)

What does yours mean? Does it have a special meaning? What is it, if it isn't obvious?

Mine is a 1st century Roman statue of a young Hercules (Heracles). I've grown close to him lately. He is for courage and perseverance in adversity, strength, masculinity and the Divine potential of humanity as he was transformed into a deity and taken into the realm of the gods. He is inspirational to me for when I feel like giving up. He inspires me to keep striving for achievement in the trials of life, like he never gave up on his many trials.

ee1c2a25c51b61f2fba7f703adb7857c.jpg

I only use avatars who look like me (according to my husband), but that are not me.

In this case, that is supposed a nordic barbarian girl, on account of my limited political correctness.

Ciao

- viole

Ellen Brown

I'm American and pseudo Muslim of some sort, a religionist that is searching. I'm very ashamed to see that America is not being the country that our Constitution says we are. I can only hope.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I remain anonymous on purpose. It reflects the secrecy about personal life. All words of people have equal weight ... until you get to know them. It reflects that concept as well.

siti

Mine started as a joke...in another forum, there was a long discussion about chimpanzee spirituality in which I took the pro side - i.e. argued in favour of the idea that chimpanzees (and possibly other non-human apes) show some signs of being 'spiritual'. I was - not unusually - in a minority of one and was arguing so determinedly that I joked that some of the others might think I was a chimpanzee - and I changed my avatar with that post and have used it ever since including here.

It is, of course, also a statement about what I am - a thinking ape...that's exactly what we all are - whether we choose to believe it or not.

And its not a bad likeness anyway - he's a little bit more hirsute and the nose is a bit flat but otherwise....:monkeyface::D