• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Approach to The Great Work

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
...Alchemical Transformation, Xeper, or whatever your path of self-transformation calls it.

I work the Qliphoth, take the Jungian approach to Individuation, and take some inspiration from the Five Dhyani Buddhas and am currently developing my own approach to it.

How does your path approach The Great Work?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
...Alchemical Transformation, Xeper, or whatever your path of self-transformation calls it. I work the Qliphoth, take the Jungian approach to Individuation, and take some inspiration from the Five Dhyani Buddhas and am currently developing my own approach to it. How does your path approach The Great Work?

I sort of apply Robert Anton Wilson's circuit model with a combination of meditations, and neo-shamanism. In my psycho-spiritual conception, I don't see myself being too concerned with the ego gratification type silliness that others are totally absorbed in and I'm drawn to romanticism. I don't advocate ego dissolution as much as ego training. I just want it out of my damn way at appropriate times!

There is a certain juncture in your practice where you realize all of the divisions are tools of convenience. But, you'll never believe me until you see it... I'm twenty years into my practice and if I haven't bumped into some weirdness by now something isn't working right. For me, it is much less a "Great Work" and more of a process of getting rid of the interference patterns.

crossfire

Premium Member
Interference patterns? As in obscuring disharmonious emotions? (subjective obscurations) Or are you referring to something else more objective?

I do agree with you regarding the weirdness side effects. :eek:

Kapalika

Premium Member
Empowerment through evoking and imitating deities. Lots of meditation and studying of philosophy. Introspection and ritual. Discipline and higher states through spiritual ecstasy of practices. Veneration of the cosmic force that I am nothing compared to, but also realizing my sameness with it.

I really think that increasing one's magical power is probably really beneficial, though the many more orthodox minded would say that Siddhis are a by product and a distraction and not the end goal. I simply take the position that they can be tools just as the yoga and meditation is. If one's nature is the same as the Cosmos, and reaching that self-identifying state with it (as it is the case in a citta-preserving (mind/self preserving) path like mine, then the expression of will through powers can't hurt that path too much as it's an imitation of what one will do as the Shiva-Shakti. So long as it is done in accordance with cosmic will it can only help (I can't say what this entails it's too subjective for me to get into). One who walks my path should strive to do this anyway as one's own true will is synonymous with this and transcendent of the impulses that are of lower, non true will.

Basically on this note I'm saying that so long as you always do it with the end goal and purpose in mind, it isn't bad to use what you got. It's when you loose sight of goal and purpose and just become satisfied with where you are that you are in trouble spiritually. This also applies to really anything in life where short-term enjoyment can get in the way of long-term goals and purpose.

One can't do a great work without will or desire that will overturn any lesser will or desire that is not transcendent like that highest or truest will is.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I use personal inhibitory gnosis in order to expand my consciousness to The Shores of The Veil and there allow the knowledge of the unintelligible enter my mind.

Do you mean sensory deprivation? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
  1. Separation from the OU
  2. Cultivation of my SU
  3. Communication with my Daemon
  4. Experiencing Mercurius Consciousness

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Interference patterns? As in obscuring disharmonious emotions? (subjective obscurations) Or are you referring to something else more objective? I do agree with you regarding the weirdness side effects.

More that our lives are sort of built on a web of base assumptions, and as I've moved through my path some of these have helped me and some have been obstacles. I try to cultivate an attitude of what the Japanese would call, shoshin, or beginners mind in Zen. I try to come at things without any opinion of them and see how they work. I try to experiment with new practices like a child would approach them, without judgment.

In essence, I do everything I can to let the practice itself be the guide and leave my hangups out of it. It's harder than it sounds. :)

crossfire

Premium Member
More that our lives are sort of built on a web of base assumptions, and as I've moved through my path some of these have helped me and some have been obstacles. I try to cultivate an attitude of what the Japanese would call, shoshin, or beginners mind in Zen. I try to come at things without any opinion of them and see how they work. I try to experiment with new practices like a child would approach them, without judgment.

In essence, I do everything I can to let the practice itself be the guide and leave my hangups out of it. It's harder than it sounds. :)
I know what you mean.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

As a Setian I strive and work towards becoming attuned to my own Higher Self and Will, and to work towards becoming the complete and absolute manifestation of my own Truth of Being. Some of the tools I use are the Will to Xeper, the study and practice of Black Magick and philosophy, introspection, expression of the creative mind and will, the seeking after the mysteries of my own choosing, to accumulate the knowledge and undefiled wisdom of the Prince of Darkness. The Setian is sort of a spiritual Alchemist who through the Great Work, that is the process of Self-directed Self-evolution, is transformed from mortal into the essence of divinity.

My approach to the Great Work of Life is to for ever

Xeper and Remanifest.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
...Alchemical Transformation, Xeper, or whatever your path of self-transformation calls it.

My path is more or less moderate and independent to that extent. I tend to take some rituals from Michael W. Ford, Don Webb, and some from Anton LaVey. I tend to mix in Luciferianism and to that extent Satanism. I am more or less currently a self styled Satanist. The main reason as to why I perform workings or rites, 1) to cause change in situations and or events.

2) to seek self liberation from past indoctrination's.

Last edited:

Nahwns Reefglin

Servant of the Far Ones
My path is more or less moderate and independent to that extent. I tend to take some rituals from Michael W. Ford, Don Webb, and some from Anton LaVey. I tend to mix in Luciferianism and to that extent Satanism. I am more or less currently a self styled Satanist. The main reason as to why I perform workings or rites, 1) to cause change in situations and or events.

2) to seek self liberation from past indoctrination's.

That is a good first step to take towards breaking into true freedom.