• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young Hillsong Church congregant who mocked vaccine dies of COVID

ecco

Veteran Member
, namely Democrats and how successful they’ve been at dividing and manipulating people.

Last summer and fall, as the vaccines were under development, Trump supporters were praising his swift actions in getting vaccines developed.

After he lost the election, it became Biden's vaccines and the Right-Wing-Conservatives started their anti-vaccine campaigns.

Fauci is supposed to be the expert but looks to be corrupt and changes his mind a lot. One day he says masks won’t help, next he says you have to wear a mask and then he doesn’t wear a mask or improperly wears a mask.
+

This has been addressed so many times. You choose to ignore the reasons.

No I don’t really think they care about citizens and or our health.

When politicians like Trump continually denigrated science and the scientists that was OK with you. It was OK with you when Trump talked about injecting chemicals to prevent Covid.

https://faculty.utrgv.edu/eleftheri.../aaps-Guide-to-Home-Based-Covid-Treatment.pdf
This guide explains our families approach to Covid 19 after considering the available options.

Once again, you post something you did not read.

If you had read it, you would have seen this...
Antiviral Agents: These must be started quickly at STAGE I (Days 1-5): Symptoms include sore throat, nasal stuffiness, fatigue, headaches, body aches, loss of taste and/or smell, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, fever. These medicines stop the virus from (1) entering the cells and (2) from multiplying once inside the cells, and they reduce bacterial invasion in the sinuses and lung:  *Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with azithromycin (AZM) or doxycycline OR  Ivermectin with azithromycin (AZM) or doxycycline Either combination above must also include zinc sulfate or gluconate, plus supplemental vitamin D, and vitamin C. Some doctors also recommend adding a B complex vitamin. The basic groups of prescription medicines and other therapies used in COVID-19:  Combination anti-viral medicines started as soon as symptoms occur  Medicines to decrease inflammation, such as corticosteroids (called immunomodulators)  Anticoagulant therapy to prevent blood-clots that can cause strokes, heart attacks, kidney shut-down, and death.  Non-prescription supportive treatments with zinc, vitamin D, vitamin C, electrolyte drinks such as Pedialyte, and others.  Home-based oxygen support, such as with an oxygen concentrator. These machines are available by physician prescription from home health medical supply businesses and are covered on most medical insurance plans. Zinc is critical. It helps block the virus from multiplying. Hydroxychloroquine is the carrier taking zinc INTO the cells to do its job.
This is the kind of advice given out by Mike the Pillow Guy. This has been totally discredited. Have you bothered to get any information on the adverse effects of using Hydroxychloroquine? Probably not. You don't want to see that.

But, if you want to use these remedies, please do so. Please be sure to spread this information to all your friends and family.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Herd immunity is reached by vaccination or people getting Covid and recovering, we are close to that already. What is your answer for people who are fully vaccinated yet get Covid? What about the scientists working on viruses in the lab? Will this stop or will more enhanced viruses get accidentally released?
We are not close to herd immunity already. Well, the US isn't. Canada is getting there quicker, apparently. The world definitely isn't.

Fully vaccinated people that contract COVID are less likely to be hospitalized and are more likely to experience very mild symptoms. But again, the reason vaccinated people are contracting COVID in the first place appears to be because they are contracting new variants that are popping up as the virus continues to spread, reproduce and mutate. It would be great if you'd actually address that point and also my question.

But, if you want to use these remedies, please do so. Please be sure to spread this information to all your friends and family.
Some we do some we don’t, if we get sick we go to the doctor and discuss options and go from there. A doctor in our area was successful treating people before the vaccine. Didn’t see my pillow guy referenced in the guide # 864.

Last summer and fall, as the vaccines were under development, Trump supporters were praising his swift actions in getting vaccines developed.

After he lost the election, it became Biden's vaccines and the Right-Wing-Conservatives started their anti-vaccine campaigns.

+

This has been addressed so many times. You choose to ignore the reasons.

When politicians like Trump continually denigrated science and the scientists that was OK with you. It was OK with you when Trump talked about injecting chemicals to prevent Covid.

Once again, you post something you did not read.

If you had read it, you would have seen this...
Antiviral Agents: These must be started quickly at STAGE I (Days 1-5): Symptoms include sore throat, nasal stuffiness, fatigue, headaches, body aches, loss of taste and/or smell, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, fever. These medicines stop the virus from (1) entering the cells and (2) from multiplying once inside the cells, and they reduce bacterial invasion in the sinuses and lung:  *Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with azithromycin (AZM) or doxycycline OR  Ivermectin with azithromycin (AZM) or doxycycline Either combination above must also include zinc sulfate or gluconate, plus supplemental vitamin D, and vitamin C. Some doctors also recommend adding a B complex vitamin. The basic groups of prescription medicines and other therapies used in COVID-19:  Combination anti-viral medicines started as soon as symptoms occur  Medicines to decrease inflammation, such as corticosteroids (called immunomodulators)  Anticoagulant therapy to prevent blood-clots that can cause strokes, heart attacks, kidney shut-down, and death.  Non-prescription supportive treatments with zinc, vitamin D, vitamin C, electrolyte drinks such as Pedialyte, and others.  Home-based oxygen support, such as with an oxygen concentrator. These machines are available by physician prescription from home health medical supply businesses and are covered on most medical insurance plans. Zinc is critical. It helps block the virus from multiplying. Hydroxychloroquine is the carrier taking zinc INTO the cells to do its job.
This is the kind of advice given out by Mike the Pillow Guy. This has been totally discredited. Have you bothered to get any information on the adverse effects of using Hydroxychloroquine? Probably not. You don't want to see that.

Bruv is so political on here

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This should tell us something about allowing the virus to run rampant through the population, right?

No. It's saying that the Delta variant doesn't obey vaccinated people. They're saying now vaccinated should wear masks, so obviously vaccinations sounds like a temporary solution. Yes, the virus will always run rampant-we don't have control over this and its silly to assume we would have control against the virus (war with the virus as Biden puts it).

Why? What would you suggest?

I don't know.

Yep, and that's the point. We are going to go backwards when new variants arise because people aren't vaccinating and we can't reach herd immunity! If we continue on this path, we are never going to get back anything close to "normal."

No. The new variant doesn't care what we do. That's the point of going back to masks-if these vaccines don't work against the new variant, even if 100% of people in the world vaccinate it would do nothing.

As previously mentioned, long-term side effects from vaccines typically show up within 8 weeks. We're beyond that now.

We are having symptomatic people who were vaccinated and people getting the Delta variant who were vaccinated. CDC is still working on the connection (they don't want to say there is one-probably cause a panic).

You'd have a point if there were no other variants that they are saying is more contagious than the original COVID.

Fully vaccinated people that contract COVID are less likely to be hospitalized and are more likely to experience very mild symptoms.
So still spreading Covid whether vaccinated or not, if it’s hospitalizations you’re concerned about, vaccines are one option and then there are other treatments given in the early stages that work as well. What’s wrong with that?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No. It's saying that the Delta variant doesn't obey vaccinated people.

And why do we have the delta variant ... ?

They're saying now vaccinated should wear masks, so obviously vaccinations sounds like a temporary solution. Yes, the virus will always run rampant-we don't have control over this and its silly to assume we would have control against the virus (war with the virus as Biden puts it).

You seem to have completely missed the point.

Variants arise from the virus being allowed to spread freely throughout the population. Viruses reproduce via human hosts. This variant has popped up because vaccination rates aren't high enough and there are too many unvaccinated people spreading the virus. That's the whole thing about my herd immunity point! I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand.

I don't know.

So masks it is then.

No. The new variant doesn't care what we do. That's the point of going back to masks-if these vaccines don't work against the new variant, even if 100% of people in the world vaccinate it would do nothing.

We are having symptomatic people who were vaccinated and people getting the Delta variant who were vaccinated. CDC is still working on the connection (they don't want to say there is one-probably cause a panic).
I suspect scientists will have to come up with vaccines for the variants, like they’ve had to do with the flu. We shouldn’t have gotten to this place, but here we are, thanks to all the vaccine misinformation out there and levelling off of people getting vaccinated. I know you hate blaming the unvaccinated, but sorry to say, it’s their fault we cannot get a hold of this thing.

You'd have a point if there were no other variants that they are saying is more contagious than the original COVID.

I don’t know what this response has to do with the fact that long term side effects of vaccines typically show up within 8 weeks of administration.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So still spreading Covid whether vaccinated or not, if it’s hospitalizations you’re concerned about, vaccines are one option and then there are other treatments given in the early stages that work as well. What’s wrong with that?
Preventative measures are more efficacious in a multitude of ways.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And why do we have the delta variant ... ?

Not because of the unvaccinated. They say we need to wear masks again. So regardless if there were 99% vaccinated it won't work.

You seem to have completely missed the point.

Variants arise from the virus being allowed to spread freely throughout the population. Viruses reproduce via human hosts. This variant has popped up because vaccination rates aren't high enough and there are too many unvaccinated people spreading the virus. That's the whole thing about my herd immunity point! I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand.

Oh. Learned something new. Will have to research it later.

My point is we just don't know whose at a higher risk and my thing is forcing people to vaccinate won't help insofar they continue to have breakthroughs with this veriant. Many unvaccinated are in a watch and see before they do anything.

That I agree with totally.

So masks it is then.

That's their go-to. Something new, masks will help.

I suspect scientists will have to come up with vaccines for the variants, like they’ve had to do with the flu. We shouldn’t have gotten to this place, but here we are, thanks to all the vaccine misinformation out there and levelling off of people getting vaccinated. I know you hate blaming the unvaccinated, but sorry to say, it’s their fault we cannot get a hold of this thing.

I doubt that unvaccinated make their decisions off of misinformation. I can see why vaccinated would use that to justify to themselves why all people choose to not vaccinate.

That's your opinion. All we know is some unvaccinated are at greater risk than others and there's no use in blaming people unless we can prove our assumptions are true for Every unvaccinated person's situation.

I don’t know what this response has to do with the fact that long term side effects of vaccines typically show up within 8 weeks of administration.

Long term as in years.

What’s your source on this? Are you considering people that are immune but not vaccinated as unvaccinated people?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Let me ask. Can any unvaccinated person decide to not vaccinate without needing to be ignorant and misinformed?

That sounds like trying to justify why people make "bad" decisions rather than accept they take responsibility for the decisions they make well-informed "and" misinformed.

Similar to if someone were a serial killer does that person need to have a mental illness or so have you to make her own decisions about the lack of well-fare of other people or can we just say she made an intentional action and she would suffer the consequences of it?

In other words, why not give people the responsibility for their choices and actions without needing to justify them as ignorant or so have you.... When you use justifications it causes you (and others) to see other people negatively and immorally by using your justifications as an excuse to accuse them of, say, selfishness. It says more about the person blaming than the other person perceived as a fault.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I want to just mention that just because someone has already had covid this doesn't mean they can't get it again, especially since antibodies do dissipate over time, including as short as 6 months, thus leaving the person vulnerable again. This is why the CDC has advised previous patients to get one of the vaccines, and also way there's a serious consideration of having a booster ready for at least late this fall.

I want to just mention that just because someone has already had covid this doesn't mean they can't get it again, especially since antibodies do dissipate over time, including as short as 6 months, thus leaving the person vulnerable again. This is why the CDC has advised previous patients to get one of the vaccines, and also way there's a serious consideration of having a booster ready for at least late this fall.
True, just saying if vaccinated, unvaccinated, or Immune, meaning recovered from Covid can all get Covid again. What’s the goal? Prevent death and Hospitals overrun, correct?
We know that if a person gets Covid the best thing to do is treat at the early stages so it doesn’t go the late stages of the disease where you have to get hospitalized.
The vaccines are no problem for a lot of people so that’s great. Other people for whatever reason don’t want the vaccine so why not let people choose other options for themselves that treat Covid at the early stages and then done?
I really don’t see the issue and need for any more talk on this by politicians.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We know that if a person gets Covid the best thing to do is treat at the early stages so it doesn’t go the late stages of the disease where you have to get hospitalized.
That's a lot harder to do with an over worked staff attended the regular ICU beds as well as makeshift units they could throw together. It has reached points so severe that some places the hospitals were so over run that those suffering other ailments didn't get the needed care and died. It's gotten so severe that many healthcare providers were forced to make decisions that remained a memory in their ethics courses in college. Reckless people who disregarded safety measures and restrictions forced tragedy and trauma upon their fellow humans, who already work an already overworked and largely thankless position.

That's a lot harder to do with an over worked staff attended the regular ICU beds as well as makeshift units they could throw together. It has reached points so severe that some places the hospitals were so over run that those suffering other ailments didn't get the needed care and died. It's gotten so severe that many healthcare providers were forced to make decisions that remained a memory in their ethics courses in college. Reckless people who disregarded safety measures and restrictions forced tragedy and trauma upon their fellow humans, who already work an already overworked and largely thankless position.
Treating early stages of Covid isn’t an emergency room visit but with your local doctor.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Treating early stages of Covid isn’t an emergency room visit but with your local doctor.
Early symptoms may not present much. And if the medical system is overloaded it can be harder to get tested and get care. Not just for covid, but care in general.

What are early stages for a healthy person vs a person with underlying conditions?
Post#864 is a guide that I found very useful in explaining Covid 19 and the treatments doctors found to work. Page 16 are a couple treatments listed and our local doctor had a high success rate treating people with these.
I. Antiviral Agents:
These must be started quickly at STAGE I (Days 1-5):
Symptoms include sore throat, nasal stuffiness, fatigue, headaches, body aches, loss of taste and/or smell, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, fever.
These medicines stop the virus from (1) entering the cells and (2) from multiplying once inside the cells, and they reduce bacterial invasion in the sinuses and lung:
 *Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with azithromycin (AZM) or doxycycline OR
 Ivermectin with azithromycin (AZM) or doxycycline
Either combination above must also include zinc sulfate or gluconate, plus supplemental vitamin D,
and vitamin C. Some doctors also recommend adding a B complex vitamin.
Zinc is critical. It helps block the virus from multiplying. Hydroxychloroquine is the carrier taking zinc INTO the cells to do its job.
An educational resource from The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPSonline.org) 16
This guide also had recommendations for high risk people.
What I read was that the worst thing to do with Covid was nothing, waiting till later stages to treat people was a big mistake.