• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young Hillsong Church congregant who mocked vaccine dies of COVID

Be honest and admit you never read the entire article. Someone pointed you to a headline, you glanced at the headline and tried to make a point
I read the whole article bro and you still missed the point on why I posted it. You’re giving the impression that you believe most people aren’t getting vaccinations for political or religious reasons, some are but the majority aren’t. The reason is because of the uncertainty of the vaccines right now and a lot of people are being cautious before taking it. So simple and wise in my opinion. If you have to you have to and may have to take that risk and get the vaccine. Give it a rest bro.

ecco

Veteran Member
that you believe most people aren’t getting vaccinations for political or religious reasons,
I believe it because it's true.
POLITICS
COVID-19 is crushing red states. Why isn’t Trump turning his rallies into mass vaccination sites?

Trump and many of his Republican colleagues have allowed a virulent anti-vaccine/anti-masking/anti-social distancing campaign to spread among their voters, reinforced by Fox News. The campaign gained strength just in time for the emergence of a new and more contagious COVID variant: the Delta variant. Polling has shown that the anti-vaccine message is especially popular among Republicans. Kaiser Family Foundation data indicate that Republicans are the group most likely to say they will “definitely not” get a vaccine:
RELIGION
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/06/18/white-evangelicals-vaccine/

A March poll by the nonprofit Public Religion Research Institute found that White evangelicals ranked highest among those who are religious and refusing to get vaccinated.
Chang said that late last year Black Protestants and White evangelicals had similar rates of vaccine hesitancy. But in recent months, Black Protestants have begun getting vaccinated in larger numbers, while White evangelicals remain on the fence.
“Now it’s really a White evangelical issue,” he said.
Faith leaders said they’re not only combating a general mistrust of government and the effect of vaccines themselves becoming so heavily politicized but also a steady stream of misinformation that some pastors suspect has only increased during the months of pandemic isolation.

“I’ve had pastors say to me: ‘I can’t compete. Tucker Carlson gets them for 12 hours a week. I get them for an hour,’ ” Chang said.

On social media, vaccine misinformation mixes with extreme faith

Many of the rumors John Marsh has heard congregants at his Bella Vista Baptist Church in Edgewater, Fla., ask about are similar to what other pastors say they are questioned on: that getting a vaccine dose will implant a patient with a microchip; that the vaccines have antifreeze; that the vaccines are a satanic plot.

“I had one person ask me if it [the vaccine] was the sign of the beast, which, you know, in the Book of Revelation, it says that when the Antichrist takes over the world that he will mark everyone with a number that identifies them as belonging to him,” Marsh said.
I don't expect you to admit to that because, in your case, it is both politics and religion as is discussed in the second article.

ecco

Veteran Member
Except I didn’t say don’t get vaccinated
Seriously? Every post you make is about not getting the vaccine.

Just take your Massachusetts post as an example. You posted it to make it sound like the vaccinated people were responsible for 74% of cases in Massachusetts. Then you made a second post just showing the headline knowing that the article clearly stated it was about one small outbreak.

When you can't find anything reliable to further your no-vaxx agenda, you intentionally make out-of-context posts.

Who do you think you are fooling? You are fooling no one.

I believe it because it's true.
POLITICS
COVID-19 is crushing red states. Why isn’t Trump turning his rallies into mass vaccination sites?

Trump and many of his Republican colleagues have allowed a virulent anti-vaccine/anti-masking/anti-social distancing campaign to spread among their voters, reinforced by Fox News. The campaign gained strength just in time for the emergence of a new and more contagious COVID variant: the Delta variant. Polling has shown that the anti-vaccine message is especially popular among Republicans. Kaiser Family Foundation data indicate that Republicans are the group most likely to say they will “definitely not” get a vaccine:
RELIGION
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/06/18/white-evangelicals-vaccine/

A March poll by the nonprofit Public Religion Research Institute found that White evangelicals ranked highest among those who are religious and refusing to get vaccinated.
Chang said that late last year Black Protestants and White evangelicals had similar rates of vaccine hesitancy. But in recent months, Black Protestants have begun getting vaccinated in larger numbers, while White evangelicals remain on the fence.
“Now it’s really a White evangelical issue,” he said.
Faith leaders said they’re not only combating a general mistrust of government and the effect of vaccines themselves becoming so heavily politicized but also a steady stream of misinformation that some pastors suspect has only increased during the months of pandemic isolation.

“I’ve had pastors say to me: ‘I can’t compete. Tucker Carlson gets them for 12 hours a week. I get them for an hour,’ ” Chang said.

On social media, vaccine misinformation mixes with extreme faith

Many of the rumors John Marsh has heard congregants at his Bella Vista Baptist Church in Edgewater, Fla., ask about are similar to what other pastors say they are questioned on: that getting a vaccine dose will implant a patient with a microchip; that the vaccines have antifreeze; that the vaccines are a satanic plot.

“I had one person ask me if it [the vaccine] was the sign of the beast, which, you know, in the Book of Revelation, it says that when the Antichrist takes over the world that he will mark everyone with a number that identifies them as belonging to him,” Marsh said.
I don't expect you to admit to that because, in your case, it is both politics and religion as is discussed in the second article.
Again you totally missed it.

Seriously? Every post you make is about not getting the vaccine.

Just take your Massachusetts post as an example. You posted it to make it sound like the vaccinated people were responsible for 74% of cases in Massachusetts. Then you made a second post just showing the headline knowing that the article clearly stated it was about one small outbreak.

When you can't find anything reliable to further your no-vaxx agenda, you intentionally make out-of-context posts.

Who do you think you are fooling? You are fooling no one.
The whole issue and my responses are due to your blaming unvaccinated people, the government mandates and double standards, the rules for you but not for them and you still believe it’s about whether to take the vaccine or not.

ecco

Veteran Member
It’s not something that I worry about but I’m in good company because you give no credibility to God Himself as noted in many of your posts from our previous conversations.
You are finally right about something. I don't give credit to mythical men in the sky. You did note I was listed as an atheist.

However, there are many Christians who do believe in science and have gotten the vaccines, so your deflection is, once again, nonsensical.

All people should be concerned about their credibility just s they should be concerned about their ethics.

ecco

Veteran Member
No I wasn’t but by you writing this you are being deceitful and lying about me. All someone had to do is search 74% Massachusetts Covid to read the whole thing.

Do you really understand what you just wrote?

You deceitfully made a post in such a way as to lead the reader to believe that 74% of new Massachusetts covid cases were among vaccinated people.

Then you say the burden is on the reader to read the entire article to see for themselves how deceitful you were.

Remember what I said about your credibility? I said you had none.

You just admitted you intentionally made a misleading post. You made that original 74% post to me. I knew it couldn't be right because it was an outrageous allegation. I also knew that you often make outrageous allegations.

So, I did take the time to read the article. What I found was what I expected to find, that you had made another, I'll be kind, misleading post.

I gave you the option to tell us if you intentionally tried to mislead me or if you were just too lazy to actually read the article before posting. You insisted you had read the article. So, again - You just admitted you intentionally made a misleading post.

Your lie and deception is you’re judging my motives when you have no clue.

Judging? I am showing that you intentionally mislead with your twisted posts. I really don't care what your motives are but I'm quite certain that they are driven, at least in part, by your religious beliefs. That doesn't make me a liar.

Do you really understand what you just wrote?

You deceitfully made a post in such a way as to lead the reader to believe that 74% of new Massachusetts covid cases were among vaccinated people.

Then you say the burden is on the reader to read the entire article to see for themselves how deceitful you were.

Remember what I said about your credibility? I said you had none.

You just admitted you intentionally made a misleading post. You made that original 74% post to me. I knew it couldn't be right because it was an outrageous allegation. I also knew that you often make outrageous allegations.

So, I did take the time to read the article. What I found was what I expected to find, that you had made another, I'll be kind, misleading post.

I gave you the option to tell us if you intentionally tried to mislead me or if you were just too lazy to actually read the article before posting. You insisted you had read the article. So, again - You just admitted you intentionally made a misleading post.

Judging? I am showing that you intentionally mislead with your twisted posts. I really don't care what your motives are but I'm quite certain that they are driven, at least in part, by your religious beliefs. That doesn't make me a liar.
Was it in Massachusetts? Yes
On the one hand you don’t know my motives but I told you the context of the Massachusetts post comes from you saying unvaccinated people were super spreaders and come to find out that vaccinated people 74% in this instance got infected and could spread the virus just as much. Got it bro?
Do I really care? No not really, but seen as you made such a big deal about it is the only reason I mentioned it.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Again you totally missed it.
Again you make a ridiculous assertion with nothing to support it.

Have you forgotten that you wrote...

You’re giving the impression that you believe most people aren’t getting vaccinations for political or religious reasons, some are but the majority aren’t. The reason is because of the uncertainty of the vaccines right now and a lot of people are being cautious before taking it.

I showed two articles that showed that religion and politics were major factors. One of the articles spoke from the standpoint of religious leaders who do want people to get vaccinated and are frustrated because even they cannot get through.

You also don't wasn't to accept that the "uncertainty of the vaccines" is caused by religion and politics.

Political talking heads like Tucker Carlson have been on the anti-vaccine kick ever since Trump was out of office.
‘Stop the vaccines!’ Marjorie Taylor Greene launches anti-vaxx rant on Steve Bannon show.

The other group spreading doubt is religious "leaders" who invoke things like Satan to sway people.

Chicago gator search enters second day with traps set, Alligator Bob working lagoon | The Daily World

If you want an idea of the conspiracy theories that hang over COVID-19 vaccines, there’s no better summation than a 40-second TikTok video posted in October by a performer named Taylor Rousseau.

As a melodramatic song plays, Rousseau, young, blonde and elaborately mascaraed, silently portrays a woman beaten to death for refusing to take a vaccine that contains a microchip carrying the mark of the beast. At the end, she enters a heavenly skyscape emblazoned with the words: “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

The video has been seen more than 680,000 times, garnered 47,000 likes​

ecco

Veteran Member
Was it in Massachusetts? Yes
On the one hand you don’t know my motives but I told you the context of the Massachusetts post comes from you saying unvaccinated people were super spreaders and come to find out that vaccinated people 74% in this instance got infected and could spread the virus just as much. Got it bro?
Do I really care? No not really, but seen as you made such a big deal about it is the only reason I mentioned it.
Bull****! You posted the Massachusetts article to further your agenda that vaccines were unsafe and ineffective. Again, you are fooling no one. Every time you make another post on this subject, you are digging your hole deeper

Bull****! You posted the Massachusetts article to further your agenda that vaccines were unsafe and ineffective. Again, you are fooling no one. Every time you make another post on this subject, you are digging your hole deeper
You’ll have to go back to the beginning and see the first few posts and find out it’s you that are full of it. It’s always been the mandates and coercion and lockdowns, the double standards and deceit of the government agencies. Sorry you STILL can’t see that. Has nothing to do with whether to take the vaccine or not to. I happen to believe it’s up to the person what health decisions they make for themselves, you apparently disagree with that.

Bull****! You posted the Massachusetts article to further your agenda that vaccines were unsafe and ineffective
The whole conversation is that you’re wrong about why some people are waiting and not getting vaccinated, that government shouldn’t be mandating people get vaccinated. That decision should be left up to the individual adult with their doctor.

Wandering Monk

The whole conversation is that you’re wrong about why some people are waiting and not getting vaccinated, that government shouldn’t be mandating people get vaccinated. That decision should be left up to the individual adult with their doctor.

Straw man. Government cannot force you to get vaccinated.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suspect it is a matter of proving their faith.
So far through their life, faith hasn't really let them down until this one time.

The need to have faith can be a dangerous message.
That is very likely the reason. American Evangelicals have an irrational fear of showing anything that may remotely resemble doubt. In this case it's trusting in the science of humans over the protection and healing abilities of Jehovah. I'm sure most of them have repeated Jesus' claim that his followers will be immune to toxins and poisons.