• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young Hillsong Church congregant who mocked vaccine dies of COVID

ecco

Veteran Member
All these things can be pushed on people until they come into the presence of God and the fraud is exposed.
Am I anti-vaccine - Not really and I don’t feel like being a test subject for it either right now.

I guess you believe Covid is all part of your god's plan to prove science is bad, bad, bad. Perhaps you are hoping for an early meeting.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I guess you have not seen any news coverage of the fires on the west coast. More fires than in years past. Earlier start of fire season.

I guess you haven't seen the news coverage of one in five hundred year rains and floods in Europe and China and the south and east coast of the US.

I guess you haven't seen news coverage of the water levels of Lake Mead - the lowest in recorded history.

Lake Mead water lowest since Hoover Dam built as shortage continues
Lake Mead falls to lowest water level since Hoover Dam's construction in 1930s
Ian James
Arizona Republic

lowest level since the reservoir was filled in the 1930s following the construction of Hoover Dam, marking a new milestone for the water-starved Colorado River in a downward spiral that shows no sign of letting up.

The reservoir near Las Vegas holds water for cities, farms and tribal lands in Arizona, Nevada, California and Mexico. Years of unrelenting drought and temperatures pushed higher by climate change are shrinking the flow into the lake

Rational people change their positions when new information is available. Some people still believe the earth is flat and the sun revolves around it. Do you? Or do you accept some science only when it doesn't conflict with your ingrained beliefs?
Those islands haven't submerged yet and Florida is still there as well.

I'm waiting and by the way, it's past the deadline for the end of the earth.

Someone needs to tell mother nature it's late and making them look bad.

ecco

Veteran Member

What islands?
Since 2000, the water level has dropped 140 feet, Reuters reports. The previous record its low water level was 1,071.6 feet in 2016. Now, the lake has ducked just below that level at 1,071.56 feet. Researchers expect the water will continue receding for at least the next two years.Jun 18, 2021

I'm waiting and by the way, it's past the deadline for the end of the earth.

Someone needs to tell mother nature it's late and making them look bad.

All the major predictions of the end of the world have come from religious people. Perhaps you don't understand Revelations. Perhaps you never heard of Charles Russel Taze. Perhaps you never read "So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just".

Still waiting. Someone needs to tell theists it's late and making them look bad.

I guess you have not seen any news coverage of the fires on the west coast. More fires than in years past. Earlier start of fire season.
Yeah more fires because they changed their mind about forest management and left the fuel for the fires.o_O Then blame global warming lol.

Rational people change their positions when new information is available
That’s why I’m gonna wait till they get all the information, they don’t know and conflicting information. They’re constantly changing so like I said I’m glad you got the shot or 2. I’m sure you’ll have to keep it up for a long time unless you get an early exit and meet your Maker.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For all of you who say that you are still waiting for more information, here's a quote from the Hillsong church congregant referred to in the OP, who died

"Even while in a hospital, Harmon was adamant that he would not receive the vaccine, posting he wasn't "anti-vax" but was "pro information." "i'm not against it, i'm just not in a rush to get it," he wrote in a July 8 Instagram post. "Ironically, as I continue to lay here in my covid ward isolation room fighting off the virus and pneumonia." He added he wouldn't get a vaccine even after recovery."

Of course, he belies himself. He would like you to think that he is a careful, thoughtful person who makes decisions based on information, but then tells us that he wouldn't get a vaccination even if he survived, despite all available information strongly suggesting that he should. I guess being in an ICU with a pneumonia that would eventually kill him wasn't information enough - or so he would have others believe.

This is how I feel about anybody claiming that they're waiting for more information or full FDA approval. No they're not. They're trying to sound like they use information to make rational decisions, but such people are already vaccinated. They're people who ignore information from authoritative sources like Fauci and the CDC. They're not going to be listening to the FDA, either.

with all this complaining, there is no really talk about solutions

We have the solution - vaccinate to herd immunity. We're simply unable to implement it. So, the solution has to be personal - individual. Mine was to become vaccinated, and to avoid high-risk situations such as prolonged exposure to large numbers of people in confined spaces such as a theater or bus, but only until I am confident that my vaccine is as effective against severe disease and death as we were told.

A fully vaccinated couple we know called off our dinner plans with them for last Wednesday (same vaccine we took), because she had developed a sore throat and a low grade fever, and was excessively sleepy. Her illness was very mild - no respiratory distress, fever gone in a day - and brief. Her husband had an ever milder, briefer case of this respiratory virus - one day of slight throat scratchiness. They didn't get tested for COVID, but they assume that that is what it was, since colds and flu are rare now.

So, we're more comfortable about going to restaurants with outdoor dining. We had breakfast out Friday morning. We wore a mask to the restaurant, but removed it as soon as we were seated, and only put it on when the waiter was at the table, since he was a young man who hasn't been eligible for vaccination locally until this month.

We were surrounded by several other people in our demographic (retired expats, all of whom have had access to the vaccine as we did). Of course, we didn't know their vaccination status, but we didn't care. If they're vaccinated, they're safe from us even if we happen to be asymptomatic carriers. And if they're not? If they catch COVID from us and become severely ill or die, whose fault is that? Should we wear our masks at the table because someone at the next table might be unvaccinated?

We don't feel that way. As others have expressed here, we're indifferent to what becomes of them. We'll mask for the waiter, but not the willfully unvaccinated.

why would vaccinated people care if the unvaccinated may potentially kill each other off other unvaccinated people.

From what I'm reading here and elsewhere, growing numbers of vaccinated people don't care.

I'm not at all sure how one not being vaccinated and their decision immediately means they are ignorant. I don't see the inherent connection just the connection provaxxers give them.

That's because they haven't been able to conclude that they should get vaccinated both to protect themselves and their loved ones, but to help end the pandemic before an even more lethal variant arises that kills even the vaccinated. Many consider that decision ignorant. And antisocial.

You and I spoke about the topic of how the vaccinated view the unvaccinated. You would like that their choice to refuse the vaccine be respected, and that people wish them the best. I haven't seen that attitude once from a vaccinated person. Any opinion expressed is negative in every case as it has been in this thread. It's always more like the one I just expressed. I don't respect their choice, and I consider them antisocial in the way I wouldn't respect somebody who dodged the draft or cheated on their taxes (Trump fared poorly in both categories, and is mocked or criticized for each). Clamoring about the right to refuse vaccination falls on deaf ears. I don't care about that right, and I wish they didn't have it, or at least didn't exercise it. I care about their responsibility, and the fact that they won't meet it. They are antisocial when they should be helping.

That's what one will usually encounter whenever he pleads to be accepted for his choice because it's his right. It's probably not an argument worth making any more. It falls on deaf, disapproving ears.

It's coming.

Chesapeake Bay’s Tangier Island a Symbol of How Rising Seas Will Swallow Whole Communities

The People of the Isle de Jean Charles Are Louisiana’s First Climate Refugees—but They Won’t Be the Last

As Miami Keeps Building, Rising Seas Deepen Its Social Divide

Twilight Hue

Yeah more fires because they changed their mind about forest management and left the fuel for the fires.o_O Then blame global warming lol.
Well I still remember when the loggers were the villains for the eco nazis for which they essentially won the day and the logging stopped. Then the fires became worse over the years because there were no more fire breaks that were there from the logging ..... now more forest is destroyed more than the loggers ever did themselves and also claim the previous logging breaks were never a deterrent of the now out of control fires.

These people are just plain stupid.

Twilight Hue

For all of you who say that you are still waiting for more information, here's a quote from the Hillsong church congregant referred to in the OP, who died

"Even while in a hospital, Harmon was adamant that he would not receive the vaccine, posting he wasn't "anti-vax" but was "pro information." "i'm not against it, i'm just not in a rush to get it," he wrote in a July 8 Instagram post. "Ironically, as I continue to lay here in my covid ward isolation room fighting off the virus and pneumonia." He added he wouldn't get a vaccine even after recovery."

Of course, he belies himself. He would like you to think that he is a careful, thoughtful person who makes decisions based on information, but then tells us that he wouldn't get a vaccination even if he survived, despite all available information strongly suggesting that he should. I guess being in an ICU with a pneumonia that would eventually kill him wasn't information enough - or so he would have others believe.

This is how I feel about anybody claiming that they're waiting for more information or full FDA approval. No they're not. They're trying to sound like they use information to make rational decisions, but such people are already vaccinated. They're people who ignore information from authoritative sources like Fauci and the CDC. They're not going to be listening to the FDA, either.

We have the solution - vaccinate to herd immunity. We're simply unable to implement it. So, the solution has to be personal - individual. Mine was to become vaccinated, and to avoid high-risk situations such as prolonged exposure to large numbers of people in confined spaces such as a theater or bus, but only until I am confident that my vaccine is as effective against severe disease and death as we were told.

A fully vaccinated couple we know called off our dinner plans with them for last Wednesday (same vaccine we took), because she had developed a sore throat and a low grade fever, and was excessively sleepy. Her illness was very mild - no respiratory distress, fever gone in a day - and brief. Her husband had an ever milder, briefer case of this respiratory virus - one day of slight throat scratchiness. They didn't get tested for COVID, but they assume that that is what it was, since colds and flu are rare now.

So, we're more comfortable about going to restaurants with outdoor dining. We had breakfast out Friday morning. We wore a mask to the restaurant, but removed it as soon as we were seated, and only put it on when the waiter was at the table, since he was a young man who hasn't been eligible for vaccination locally until this month.

We were surrounded by several other people in our demographic (retired expats, all of whom have had access to the vaccine as we did). Of course, we didn't know their vaccination status, but we didn't care. If they're vaccinated, they're safe from us even if we happen to be asymptomatic carriers. And if they're not? If they catch COVID from us and become severely ill or die, whose fault is that? Should we wear our masks at the table because someone at the next table might be unvaccinated?

We don't feel that way. As others have expressed here, we're indifferent to what becomes of them. We'll mask for the waiter, but not the willfully unvaccinated.

From what I'm reading here and elsewhere, growing numbers of vaccinated people don't care.

That's because they haven't been able to conclude that they should get vaccinated both to protect themselves and their loved ones, but to help end the pandemic before an even more lethal variant arises that kills even the vaccinated. Many consider that decision ignorant. And antisocial.

You and I spoke about the topic of how the vaccinated view the unvaccinated. You would like that their choice to refuse the vaccine be respected, and that people wish them the best. I haven't seen that attitude once from a vaccinated person. Any opinion expressed is negative in every case as it has been in this thread. It's always more like the one I just expressed. I don't respect their choice, and I consider them antisocial in the way I wouldn't respect somebody who dodged the draft or cheated on their taxes (Trump fared poorly in both categories, and is mocked or criticized for each). Clamoring about the right to refuse vaccination falls on deaf ears. I don't care about that right, and I wish they didn't have it, or at least didn't exercise it. I care about their responsibility, and the fact that they won't meet it. They are antisocial when they should be helping.

That's what one will usually encounter whenever he pleads to be accepted for his choice because it's his right. It's probably not an argument worth making any more. It falls on deaf, disapproving ears.

It's coming.

Chesapeake Bay’s Tangier Island a Symbol of How Rising Seas Will Swallow Whole Communities

The People of the Isle de Jean Charles Are Louisiana’s First Climate Refugees—but They Won’t Be the Last

As Miami Keeps Building, Rising Seas Deepen Its Social Divide
Well the guy was in a hospital. Of course if the virus is so potent it literally puts you in a hospital, it dosent take much to conclude that taking the vaccine is highly recommended. Hell, if it was so bad that I was hospitalized, I'd take the vaccine myself.

Most however don't need nor require any hospitalized care, but can stay quarantine at home for a couple of weeks until the proper antibodies are established and transmission is no longer possible.

It's all risk assessment and common sense without getting ones panties in a twist over it.

Still, it was his decision, and good or bad, it should remain respected regardless of the outcome.

As for the islands, remember the craziness over Kiribati and Tuvalu?

It's well past the due date now and lo and behold they are still here to this day. Wonders of wonders.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Duh... and doctor's have been counting people who died for complications of other sickness as covid deaths if they tested positive.

Um yeah because that's what it means to die of COVID. When you have underlying medical conditions and then get COVID and die, that's called dying from COVID. Same with any other disease. If I have underlying medical conditions and then get cancer and die, that's called dying of cancer.

So yeah...duh.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Um yeah because that's what it means to die of COVID. When you have underlying medical conditions and then get COVID and die, that's called dying from COVID. Same with any other disease. If I have underlying medical conditions and then get cancer and die, that's called dying of cancer.

So yeah...duh.
No, if you died from something else, but tested positive, that's dying from something else. Duh.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Are Blues getting sick of this? You bet. – Digby's Hullabaloo (digbysblog.net)

In response to David Frum's article at The Atlantic where he says...

But there’s no getting around the truth that some considerable number of the unvaccinated are also behaving willfully and spitefully. Yes, they have been deceived and manipulated by garbage TV, toxic Facebook content, and craven or crazy politicians. But these are the same people who keep talking about “personal responsibility.” In the end, the unvaccinated person himself or herself has decided to inflict a preventable and unjustifiable harm upon family, friends, neighbors, community, country, and planet.

Will Blue America ever decide it’s had enough of being put medically at risk by people and places whose bills it pays? Check yourself: Have you?

Digsby says...

I’m sick of these people and their hypocrisy and stubborn insistence on always, always doing the wrong thing just so they can own the libs. This isn’t new. But it gets more deadly every day.

And I must say, Frum makes an excellent point about government mandates for drug testing. That’s totally cool with the GOP. But insisting that health care workers get vaccinated or people wear a mask in a crowded public place to fight the spread of a deadly disease? Oh no, that’s an infringement on their rights. This makes no sense. But then that’s never been a deal breaker.

Twilight Hue

So yeah...duh.
Its dying of complications. Pretty straightforward.

Covid can be a contributing factor and things like that ought to be noted.

Twilight Hue

These threads are little more than monuments to conservatives' collective denial and rejection of science and intellectualism. And it's killing a lot of them.

Oh well. :shrug:
And your post here is a monument to the collective politicizing that is conspicuously out there.