• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young earth creationism makes up 15% of the population

David T

Premium Member
How many of them really believe it, though? And how many are just saying what they think they're supposed to?
That's how the 15% was arrived at. It generally is presented simply and the number jumps to 38% but asked more directly it dropped substantially.. What is left are people who aren't breathing. Not breathing is common.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why don't you do your own studies on this one. One site from which I quote is really not a study.

"
Today, modern engineers would have a hard time transporting a 50 ton block. However, ancient people seemed to have had a way to transport blocks of stone of incredible size with ease.
"
"
Surprisingly, in the vicinity, researchers discovered another huge block of stone partially buried with staggering dimensions: 19.6 meters (64 feet) in length, 6 meters (19.6 feet) in width, and about 5.5 meters (18 feet) in height.

Researchers estimate that the weight of this huge stone block is around 1,650 tons which would place it as the largest known stone block quarried from antiquity. But why did ancient builders halt its construction?
"
‘Impossible’ Ancient Engineering: The Megalithic Stones of Baalbek

According to contemporary history, what is found is not what taught. The sphinx has water erosion, telling us that the civilization that made this is not the Egyptian one. I also remember reading that the inside of the large pyramids have water level marks.

Our taught history is nothing but fancy stuff invented by people who want to have fancy tittles and teach their concept of history which has nothing to do with reality.
Actually 50 tons is not at all difficult to transport with the right equipment and an overweight permit. I regularly haul loads up to 40 tons gross which is the legal net allowed on US highways via transport truck.

David T

Premium Member
Dang!!! Now all of my delusions of American mental superiority are shattered.
LOL!!!! We are a country of highly creative active minds. Sometimes that forgets breathing. I say that here sometimes which is basicly" breath" and I can get back "word salad I have no clue what you are saying!!!!

David T

Premium Member
A fraction for sure, 0.0075%. But of course they may exist in other parts of then world.
Yes and multi faced btw!!!!! I like some archetype three headed beast. I thought people can spoof this topic but that would be like playing a Nazi and not telling anyone. Suddenly you are just a really really dumb *******. people's Ideas aren't dangerous in creationism and sometimes it's of good heart. Yea wierd but an is non the less. Its when it tries to impose itself that we need to say no. Love God no try again..

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes and multi faced btw!!!!! I like some archetype three headed beast. I thought people can spoof this topic but that would be like playing a Nazi and not telling anyone. Suddenly you are just a really really dumb *******. people's Ideas aren't dangerous in creationism and sometimes it's of good heart. Yea wierd but an is non the less. Its when it tries to impose itself that we need to say no. Love God no try again..

Each is entitled to their own belief or disbelief. The problems start with any religion when faith is taken and used as fact.

Edit. I believe creationism is dangerous. Particularly when they impose, and hence perpetuate, bronze age belief on tjerir children

David T

Premium Member
Each is entitled to their own belief or disbelief. The problems start with any religion when faith is taken and used as fact.

Edit. I believe creationism is dangerous. Particularly when they impose, and hence perpetuate, bronze age belief on tjerir children
We always are in the bronze age just the clothing and names change.

Actually 50 tons is not at all difficult to transport with the right equipment and an overweight permit. I regularly haul loads up to 40 tons gross which is the legal net allowed on US highways via transport truck.
Gross weight includes the weight of the vehicle. The net weight is just the cargo.

ChristineM

Premium Member
We always are in the bronze age just the clothing and names change.

Speak for yourself. Knowledge has advanced in the last 2500 (or so) years. Some of us have moved on from the industrial age to the information age.

David T

Premium Member
Speak for yourself. Knowledge has advanced in the last 2500 (or so) years. Some of us have moved on from the industrial age to the information age.
You said exactly that in the bronze age." speak for yourself The copper age is so yesterday, I am a bronze age goddess evolve. "

ChristineM

Premium Member
In the bronze age you said what exactly that was different?

Well, technology in he bronze age used cast bronze (hence the name) and not quantum effects. Also people believed what was easiest to believe because they knew no different. The use of those very quantum effects has generated an age of information and knowledge unavailable only 50 years ago, never mind 3000 years ago.

David T

Premium Member
Copper came after bronze
Ahhhhh. I had no idea. Time is a funny thing especially if what is said is repeated over and over and over each generation without realizing its being repeated over and over and over.