• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You won't die until it's your time

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I hear people say not to worry, because you won't die if it's not your time. What is this grounded in? Is this dealing with the fear of death/dangerous situations? Do you believe in this? I don't think I do.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I hear people say not to worry, because you won't die if it's not your time. What is this grounded in? Is this dealing with the fear of death/dangerous situations? Do you believe in this? I don't think I do.
If "your time" just means "the-time-at-which-you-will-die", then it would seem to be a fairly obvious and useless truism.

If it means that the time at which you are destined to die is fixed and you cannot alter it then it seems to be a denial of free will and consequently somewhat open to argument.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If "your time" just means "the-time-at-which-you-will-die", then it would seem to be a fairly obvious and useless truism.
:thumbsup:

If it means that the time at which you are destined to die is fixed and you cannot alter it then it seems to be a denial of free will and consequently somewhat open to argument.
An argument I consider closed. There is no such thing as free will. Determinism rules.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
"Those with between 71 to 80 beats per minute had a 51 percent greater chance of kicking the bucket during that period than those with a resting rate of under 50 beats. At 81 to 90 beats per minute, that risk was double. Over 90, and it tripled."

Oh snap. I guess I'm in trouble. :(

Interesting. Better get exercising, eh?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting. Better get exercising, eh?

Not sure if that's the issue. My mean heart rate is just a couple of ticks over 100bpm. It goes over 150 when taking a brisk walk.

I'm having tests done for that as well as episodes of near syncope and lightheadedness, but my doctor actually advises me to not exercise until we have all the results.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Death from this human realm is not the end in my understanding :) So I don't worry about death. I have been very close to death one time (massive bus crash) where all that separated me from life or physical death was a few millimeters. My days could have been done by a steel pole that broke and was angled toward me, but i am still here.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not me. Technically I'm past my time givin my heart attack in 2017.

I consider my life now as being pure profit as technology now allows people to 'cheat' death.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I'm on an airplane, I sometimes think...
I hope it's not the time for a fellow passenger.
That would be unfair to the rest of us.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
That's true. In India Guru is God. If you surrender to a True Guru He will take care of you 100%. I like to test people making big claims. So when

My Master told me I will only die if He wants

I took lots of stuff, that to kill maybe an elephant
My Master came in my dream and said
"If you eat that, I have to take it out".

So, I know this to be true

Last edited:

cataway

:thumbsup:

An argument I consider closed. There is no such thing as free will. Determinism rules.

11 ''I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle, nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success, because time and unexpected events overtake them all. ''

if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time your going to get hurt or even killed

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Most certainly you won't die until it's your time...in the meantime, though, you can not die and really, really wish you would die sooner than later...some illnesses and diseases are day after day of torture...but don't worry, because you won't die until it's your time...which with modern medical technology, might be years, even decades...

But don't worry...you won't die until it's your time...