• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YOU Will Never Die

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Of course.
Yes, and what's fascinating and disturbing is that studies have shown these particular backgrounds (lack of cuddling, nurturing, moving) are involved with criminal behavior. Including pedophilia, and other types of criminal behavior. Upon examination of their brains, their brain appearance is not the regular, whatever regular is.

Shantanu

Yes, and what's fascinating and disturbing is that studies have shown these particular backgrounds (lack of cuddling, nurturing, moving) are involved with criminal behavior. Including pedophilia, and other types of criminal behavior. Upon examination of their brains, their brain appearance is not the regular, whatever regular is.
Hmmm.

YoursTrue

I was just looking up a book about that from the library. One book is "The Anatomy of Violence, Biological Roots of Crime." But another which I expect to take out was written before that and speaks of the criminal mentality starting from a young age and the absolute rehabilitation necessary. I believe it is possible for those desiring to please God to change, with much prayer and effort.

Shantanu

I was just looking up a book about that from the library. One book is "The Anatomy of Violence, Biological Roots of Crime." But another which I expect to take out was written before that and speaks of the criminal mentality starting from a young age and the absolute rehabilitation necessary. I believe it is possible for those desiring to please God to change, with much prayer and effort.
Why would you want to please God if He is separate from you?

YoursTrue

Does he switch off the life support system of all living beings once He is fed up of what He sees, or does that happen naturally?
That is to me an interesting question. So in order for me to answer this as capably as possible (for me), I would have to go back to the life given to Adam and Eve. They could have continued living, but God removed the ability for them to do so when they proved to be disobedient. He told them in the Genesis account that if they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they would die. They decided to eat from it. But He is the source of life.

Shantanu

That is to me an interesting question. So in order for me to answer this as capably as possible (for me), I would have to go back to the life given to Adam and Eve. They could have continued living, but God removed the ability for them to do so when they proved to be disobedient. He told them in the Genesis account that if they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they would die. They decided to eat from it. But He is the source of life.
Hmmm.

YoursTrue

Yes, it gives cause to think it over...:)
Now I reread the account. The death penalty was imposed on them. But now, here is the question. If they continued to listen to the Creator without rebelling against him, do you think they would have contracted disease or have a deadly accident?

Shantanu

Now I reread the account. The death penalty was imposed on them. But now, here is the question. If they continued to listen to the Creator without rebelling against him, do you think they would have contracted disease or have a deadly accident?
Hmmm. It is a frightening thought.