• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YOU Will Never Die

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Kind of interesting. Don't know if I'm a believer. Not a disbeliever. Have you a journal where you jot down your thoughts and/or experiences. Not for debate or even discussion, just so interested folk can read?

I'm not the 'gifted' one, I just live with her. Like you, I'm not necessarily a believer, it's just after all the things I've been privileged to be part of over the last 45 years, I am not a 'disbeliever' (I'm to the point now that if I have a weird feeling I'll ask her "Do we have visitors?" and go about my business, lol). It's really not scary and kind of reassuring.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No offense, but neither one of you has a clue. I'm talking about living with a true medium. It is very reassuring.

Living with true medium?

How does that relate to relating to those dying or around death?

I experienced a lot of things but can't share my whole life experience and knowledge on a forum. Clarify what you mean with more info so we know the context.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Living with true medium?

How does that relate to relating to those dying or around death?

I experienced a lot of things but can't share my whole life experience and knowledge on a forum. Clarify what you mean with more info so we know the context.

She has had "conversations" (for lack of a better term) with those that have passed. This contact has been with close family and friends as well as complete strangers. Amazingly she can now control who she "let's through". The bottom line is that those that have passed (or their energies) continue to exist on another level; death is not the end. Again, if I had not been there during these occurrences I would be extremely skeptical to say the least. Oh, and she sees auras, also.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
She has had "conversations" (for lack of a better term) with those that have passed. This contact has been with close family and friends as well as complete strangers. Amazingly she can now control who she "let's through". The bottom line is that those that have passed (or their energies) continue to exist on another level; death is not the end. Again, if I had not been there during these occurrences I would be extremely skeptical to say the least. Oh, and she sees auras, also.

I've always thought things like that (which I know of personally) isn't talking to someone on the other side. Many people define it that way given they already believed in some life after death in some form.

Since I never has that detail, I figure what I experienced, those energies if you will, are spirits (family believes in spirits) working Through me. My brother gets it through auras. My mother sight. I by feeling or physical touch and being around people and things. It skipped my sister. I wonder if she would experience it when she older. My other brother tried to kill himself because of it and other things.

My mother considers it from someone on the other side mainly her mother. My experience with my grandmother pushing me back from getting hit by a car, I wouldn't say she is a spirit just hanging out with me. It's internal. Something you actually Experience. Something you feel.

As for the popularity of having external signs and proving or justifying the afterlife based on outside signs I find unnecessary. People write books and make news reports on this stuff but then put down people who experience it daily within their faith or outside of it but don't spread the Red Sea or "see dead people."

Try not to underestimate what people experience. Not all of us can tell the future and recount people we don't know in WW2 who was reicarnated from this or that.

It makes the news, but the experience is much more than that.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
One time I did consult a medium from the Santeria faith. I did to see if the orishas were telling me that I would be a candidate, for lack of better words. The orishas didn't call out but they believe the ancestors can be divided without initiation from the priesthood. The santero said said start there.

From what I know from looking it up I decided not to follow it. Among other things it's very expense.

But, anyhow, @BSM1 we all have our varying experiences one no more legit than another.

lostwanderingsoul

Genesis 3:4 records the first lie Satan told to Eve. "You will not surely die.:\" This was after God told Eve that if she ate of the tree she would die. If there is a choice between believing God or Satan, I think I will go with God. People die and that is it. Anyone who says you will never die is wrong.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Genesis 3:4 records the first lie Satan told to Eve. "You will not surely die.:\" This was after God told Eve that if she ate of the tree she would die. If there is a choice between believing God or Satan, I think I will go with God. People die and that is it. Anyone who says you will never die is wrong.

Prove it.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
One does this all the time through one's imagination: thereby people get different pictures of what the Reality is depending on their genetics.
research has shown that upbringing also plays a huge role in one's perception.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That is brainwashing is it not?
I understand your comment, but things like continually moving, lack of love from parents to the infant (cuddling, nurturing) have shown to be distinct marker changes in the brain.