• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YOU Will Never Die

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Death is something that happens to the others. You will not die in your world, but you will eventually die in everyone else's.
I think I get the gist of what you're trying to imply. All in all, it's probably a good thing that ego undergoes permadeath.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Death is something that happens to the others. You will not die in your world, but you will eventually die in everyone else's.

Death is something that happens to me. When others are adapting and transforming their grief, I would ideally live in others. From personal insights, I will die.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

By 'world,' do you mean 'reality?'

Because if this, indeed, my world, we're gonna make some changes here starting today!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Do you mean that when you die you are not aware that you are dead?

Funny you should mention this. Someone very close to me has the unique gift of being able to converse with those that have passed. Many times those that have recently passed unexpectedly were 'confused' about what had happened to them. Once they were aware that they had passed the were at peace with the situation. (Don't get me wrong; it's not that I necessarily believe, it's just that I have been privileged to have seen many things over the years that defy explanation. Therefore, I simply don't 'disbelieve'.)

Shantanu

Funny you should mention this. Someone very close to me has the unique gift of being able to converse with those that have passed. Many times those that have recently passed unexpectedly were 'confused' about what had happened to them. Once they were aware that they had passed the were at peace with the situation. (Don't get me wrong; it's not that I necessarily believe, it's just that I have been privileged to have seen many things over the years that defy explanation. Therefore, I simply don't 'disbelieve'.)
When one is dead, the Paramatman has switched off the life-support system for ever.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Have you ever made a compost heap, and fertilised a vegetable patch in the garden?

But the compost, although seemingly dead, was reborn into the different vegetables I harvested. The composted material did not just deconstruct and disappear, the material simply changed into another form of being and continued to exist.

Shantanu

But the compost, although seemingly dead, was reborn into the different vegetables I harvested. The composted material did not just deconstruct and disappear, the material simply changed into another form of being and continued to exist.
Yes but the bodies put in the compost heap were first converted in atoms and so lost their functional memories before being reabsorbed into plant vegetables.