• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You will live as long as Noah...

Ellen Brown

This is not about a debate if this really happened.

There are people addressing what I did not want to. I should have worded this differently. I wanted to talk about what it would feel like to live that long?

I would have been born in 1069 AD, before the Magna Carta, before Martin Luther King, while Muslims were still in southern spain, before steam trains. Pope Nicholas II was in charge of the Catholic Church. England was still consumed with internal warrings...

It would still have been the Middle Ages. The Crusades had yet to start. Admittedly the likelihood that I would survive all that time to today is nil.

In what I believe is a debatable translation, God eventually shortened the lives of all humans to <120 years, saying, "he would not continue to contend with man...". I think he actually meant he would shorten our lives as an act of mercy. I'm 72 and am close to having had way too much fun. It would be too tearing and heart breaking to live for almost 1000 years.

I'm assuming that all humans had long life spans, but perhaps there were only several men who lived that long, to what end, I wonder.

I think that the shorter life spans caused 'progress' to move faster.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

I would have been born in 1069 AD, before the Magna Carta, before Martin Luther King, while Muslims were still in southern spain, before steam trains. Pope Nicholas II was in charge of the Catholic Church. England was still consumed with internal warrings...

It would still have been the Middle Ages. The Crusades had yet to start. Admittedly the likelihood that I would survive all that time to today is nil.

In what I believe is a debatable translation, God eventually shortened the lives of all humans to <120 years, saying, "he would not continue to contend with man...". I think he actually meant he would shorten our lives as an act of mercy. I'm 72 and am close to having had way too much fun. It would be too tearing and heart breaking to live for almost 1000 years.

I'm assuming that all humans had long life spans, but perhaps there were only several men who lived that long, to what end, I wonder.

Glad to hear you have had too much fun. I’ve been overly blest too.

sooda

Veteran Member

People had normal lifespans just like we do now.. and nobody was 60 feet tall..

Men and women married in their teens, had families and lived to be 50-60.. To live to 80 or 90 years was a great age.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my understanding people could live much longer before because many more people did cutivate mind and body in a cultivation path and was not attached to owning a ot of things that took away the mind from finding truth. Today we tend to do everything else then actually real search for truth within our self

sooda

Veteran Member
In Islam there is a hadith - Sahih al-Bukhari Book 55 Hadith 543 - that states Adam was 60 cubits tall.

In Jedda mother Eve's tomb is 90 feet long.

sooda

Veteran Member
In my understanding people could live much longer before because many more people did cutivate mind and body in a cultivation path and was not attached to owning a ot of things that took away the mind from finding truth. Today we tend to do everything else then actually real search for truth within our self

Legend and myth is fun, isn't it?

sooda

Veteran Member
I dont see it as myth

Well, it is.. and their counting method was based on 6 rather than 10..

Even the Midrash has myths about super tall people that lived hundreds of years. There's no harm in believing such things but it drives educated people away from faith if you insist its science or history.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well, it is.. and their counting method was based on 6 rather than 10..

Even the Midrash has myths about super tall people that lived hundreds of years. There's no harm in believing such things but it drives educated people away from faith if you insist its science or history.
Have you thought of that what science show as "evidence" could be false to not show the truth? I do not say science always shoe false evidence, but when they find that the truth does not fit the history of time, they tend to fake it. example is the pyramid in egypt. why is it found plankton 2/3 up on the pyramid? does that not sugest the pyramid is older then what they say? why is it hidden that that area was most likely under the sea long time ago? i know people think as this as sudo science but thats ok

sooda

Veteran Member
Have you thought of that what science show as "evidence" could be false to not show the truth? I do not say science always shoe false evidence, but when they find that the truth does not fit the history of time, they tend to fake it. example is the pyramid in egypt. why is it found plankton 2/3 up on the pyramid? does that not sugest the pyramid is older then what they say? why is it hidden that that area was most likely under the sea long time ago? i know people think as this as sudo science but thats ok

The Pyramids are only about 5,000 years old. They have never been underwater.

Have you studied anything about tectonic plates?

Are you talking about energy pyramids like this:

image001.jpg

sooda

Veteran Member
I talk about the actual pyramid in egypy

OK..

At some point, the Egyptians decided that pyramids were too much a temptation for grave robbers, and began burying Pharaohs in the Valley Of The Kings, where many of the famous mummies had been found, including a minor Pharaoh named Tutankhamen.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
OK..

At some point, the Egyptians decided that pyramids were too much a temptation for grave robbers, and began burying Pharaohs in the Valley Of The Kings, where many of the famous mummies had been found, including a minor Pharaoh named Tutankhamen.
Yes they do buried them in vally of the kings, the strange thing is no burry sight or evidence of any burrial in side the pyramid. why? because it was never used for that purpose, it was a stellar obseravtory and an energy sourse

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes they do buried them in vally of the kings, the strange thing is no burry sight or evidence of any burrial in side the pyramid. why? because it was never used for that purpose, it was a stellar obseravtory and an energy sourse
Ooookay

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Former head of antiquties Havaz did not want the truth to come out, but now when he is out, the truth has started to come forth.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Not a good assumption based on the paleontological and archaeological evidence. The evidence clearly demonstrates that humans had shorter lives than now throughout our past history. Biologically it is nearly impossible that we could live that long unless we evolved through technology with largely synthetic and robotic components.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From an Eastern perspective, people during the golden age especially lived much longer than they do in the dark/machine/Kali yuga.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

The average life span of human beings has, historically been quite short, typically 25 years although occasionally a person may live longer.

Only in recent years since medicine has been influenced by scientific research and improvements in hygiene has life expectancy increased.

Telomeres (part of dna) set a maximum age limit for each species. It seems the maximum age a human can live is about 120 years.

I see no reason to believe dna was much different in biblical times than it is now. The fossil evidence appears to confirm this