• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You think you know someone

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Super Universe said:
This might not be what you wish to hear but if you didn't know, then you weren't trying to really know them. You saw what you wanted to see. That person was/is the same person they seemed to be. You were the one with unrealistic expectations.
I disagree. While this is certainly true in a lot of cases, it is not always true.

Super Universe said:
Each of us has Hitler inside of us even though we may try to project something else. Realizing it and overcoming it is the key to becoming a mature universal being.

I think that is a little extreme, but I guess you are merely being metaphorical. :shrug:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I think that is a little extreme, but I guess you are merely being metaphorical. :shrug:
The possibility for good is counterbalanced by an equal possibility of evil. This is true for all things, animate and inanimate. Nuclear energy can be used for a wonderful good or a terrible evil. Everyone is capable of extraordinary sacrifice or incredible selfishness.

The problem occurs when we put on a mask in order to deceive those around us. We play the saint while inwardly we are depraved. Like a white washed tomb, we may look OK on the outside, but inwardly we are filled with rotting corpses. Most everyone has done this at one time or another... that is IF they are at least honest with themselves. The arsonist fooled not only our Lilith, but many people including LEO. Quite possibly, he fooled himself as well.