• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Must Report Criminal Income To IRS

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well now since the IRS requires criminals to report their illeagal income to the IRS, I wonder if a criminal can deduct certain things like masks and guns as a business expense.
Lol. ROFLMAO!!!

God is society these days dumb as a rock.

I wonder if Big Tony in the alley must collect sales tax as well for illegal purchases and submit quarterly filings?

HonestJoe

This seems like the kind of thing that sounds ridiculous on face value but has logical reasoning behind it. Maybe it is to prevent people from excusing not declaring something they should have by falsely claiming they believed it was a criminal gain (even though it wasn't).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol. ROFLMAO!!!

God is society these days dumb as a rock.

I wonder if Big Tony in the alley must collect sales tax as well for illegal purchases and submit quarterly filings?

If he's smart, he probably would. I've heard in the past that some drug dealers will state their true occupation and earnings on their tax return. That's how they've gotten mobsters like Al Capone in the past, by proving they're guilty of tax evasion. Now they seem to realize that they can get away with just about anything - as long as they give the IRS their obligatory tribute.

Heyo

Veteran Member
If he's smart, he probably would. I've heard in the past that some drug dealers will state their true occupation and earnings on their tax return. That's how they've gotten mobsters like Al Capone in the past, by proving they're guilty of tax evasion. Now they seem to realize that they can get away with just about anything - as long as they give the IRS their obligatory tribute.
Exactly. And iirc, the IRS even has a category "other income" for exactly those criminal gains.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

Uh huh. He didn't report his earnings and when he did they had him. That's because even from criminal activity you are legally required to report all income.
I'm figuring it was from the legit fronts organized crime has. Someone didn't "fudge the books" right it seems and got caught.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm figuring it was from the legit fronts organized crime has. Someone didn't "fudge the books" right it seems and got caught.
You figure? All the facts are there why not read them, learn and know instead figure?
The nutshell of moral of the story it's always been you are legally mandated to report all income, and the IRS is worse than a rabid bloodhound on the hunt.
It's fiction, but the IRS is so powerful the Joker, from Batman, won't even mess with them or try to cheat them. And if he can't pull one over on them, then just pay your taxes because the IRS isn't nice.

Twilight Hue

You figure? All the facts are there why not read them, learn and know instead figure?
The nutshell of moral of the story it's always been you are legally mandated to report all income, and the IRS is worse than a rabid bloodhound on the hunt.
It's fiction, but the IRS is so powerful the Joker, from Batman, won't even mess with them or try to cheat them. And if he can't pull one over on them, then just pay your taxes because the IRS isn't nice.
Truth be told, criminals are not going to do that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Truth be told, criminals are not going to do that.
It's how Al Capone got caught. That's how they had him a crime that definitely did stick.
And you'd be surprised at how many police can actually lure in when they spread the word of bad drugs and if you're worried then take your drugs to them for free testing.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I wonder how mob lawyers haven't built up a shield around this based on the 5th Amendment?
You are not required to list how you got the money - just that you got it. File it under "other income". The IRS is happy to take their share, no questions asked.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You are not required to list how you got the money - just that you got it. File it under "other income". The IRS is happy to take their share, no questions asked.
There's got to be something regarding audits though.

Twilight Hue

I hear Big Tony likes stuff under the table.