• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know your people need help when... (funniest news story ever!)

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Most Europeans are famed for their driving abilities, or lack thereof, and Bosnia and Herzegovina is no exception.

In fact, you're much more likely to die in an accident on Bosnian highways than in most of Europe, and far more likely than in North America.

There are numerous reasons for this, none of which need to be explained. You need only look at Bosnian highways:

Bosnian countryside
49952m9.jpg

Urban areas
2w3tbtj.jpg

And now the fun part. The governments of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, and Montenegro are trying to find ways to cut down on the high death tolls on each country's highways.

Among the proposals are:

- Forcing car companies to build special editions of their vehicles which max out at 100 km/hr for sale.

- Forcing all drivers to take driver's education courses once per year.

- Increasing the legal driving age to 25.

- Banning night-time driving on countryside highways.

LOL... oh my God? We're like infants.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Depends on the area. An article I read recently, though, said Bosnia and Herzegovina - the whole country - has 25 km of highway that meet basic, North American construction standards.

But, generally, highways are large enough to two cars going in opposite directions to safely pass by each other.

In suburban areas, and for a few dozen kilometers on the main highways leaving urban areas, you generally have three lanes in each direction.

In urban areas they're very narrow because the streets are so old. Some of them even used to be stairs that were filled in with concrete so they're bouncy to drive on still. LOL Generally you have to pull into a driveway to let two cars pass.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
This is the cream of the crop in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Koridor VC from Ploce (Croatia) to Kaliningrad (Russia) is the widest and newest highway in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

There are 6-lane highways, as I said, in suburban areas but not through the countryside.

1ly2.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And now the fun part. The governments of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, and Montenegro are trying to find ways to cut down on the high death tolls on each country's highways.

Among the proposals are:

- Forcing car companies to build special editions of their vehicles which max out at 100 km/hr for sale.

LOL... oh my God? We're like infants.
A 16 year old, in Indiana, did get pulled over last night for doing 145 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. He only got a misdameanor wreckless driving, and "will probably get his liscense suspended."

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Here too.

Never happen here, would annoy too many people.

This kind of idea keeps coming up (21 is the age tho), but it would make it difficult for the wage slaves to get to work.

Ok that's out there!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I remember early Florida (1960s pre Disney) where many of our roads were two sand furrows between the palms and pines, over the gators and rattle snakes. Most of those roads are paved today, but they still hold the memories. Now when I find one I savor the dust and the rattles.