• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know all that indignant outrage about black people rioting?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
An agent provocateur perhaps? Must be a cop or a Fed or in with them. That's pretty obvious from the video.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Oh, I've been pretty sure since yesterday that this was going to be much, much worse than it usually gets. I cannot yet articulate why, but I feel strongly that some kind of a boundary has been crossed -- one of those "we're not going to take it any more" moments that can lead in directions nobody can foresee.

For those who are religious, I would suggest that now might be a time to pray. For the rest of us, I dunno!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Wonder how the resident "i'M nOt RaCiSt BuT bLaCk PeOpLe dOn'T rEsPeCt LaUrA nOrDeR" types will spin this?

I'm not sure if there can be any spin to this, although if someone ordered some agents provocateur to create mayhem, then that may explain why they arrested that news crew.

It does seem pretty brazen, since he didn't even make the slightest attempt to blend in or make it look like he was part of the riot. The way he responded to the guy who confronted him sounded very cop-like, giving a command rather than what a typical average Joe looking for a fight would say. He assumed an air of authority, and was clearly not allied or in any kind of solidarity with the protesters.

At least J. Edgar Hoover had a bit more finesse, but if these were agents provocateur, they ended up looking rather clumsy and amateurish. So, if someone wanted to put any spin on it, they could point out that these guys were idiots, which seems pretty obvious anyway.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Ah, so you haven't seen the vid in the OP, refuse to do so, and just want to spam the thread with irrelevant drivel. Don't you have gas to pump or pigs to slop?

Naw, quit working at a gas station years ago. And pigs, I have raised them. Enjoyed it when I did. Never really called it 'slop'. Just time to feed the pigs.

You understand.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Blacks rioting and destroying their neighborhood. Blacks looting and stealing all they can.

Gee. Is this supposed to be 'news'.

That is what blacks do.

Why is everyone so 'surprised'?

Good-Ole-Rebel

This is what outraged people do when faced with an extreme and unconscionable injustice. I don't think anyone was surprised by the reaction.

But I have to admit it is somewhat mystifying that cops keep doing things to people that causes riots. Why don't the cops ever learn? Ever since the Rodney King incident and the LA riots, it just astounds me that cops keep doing these egregious acts for absolutely no legitimate reason whatsoever.

Whites have rioted from time to time, too. It's not something you can just say "This is what blacks do." Not only is it racist to say that, but it's also inaccurate and illogical.

Reactions: Jos

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If Charles Manson was alive he'd be giddy right now.

Looks like he's going to have that race war he always wanted to see.

Personally I just don't understand why black people are so vilified all the time. My area is salt and pepper and yep us black and white folks both go up and down the street without fear of each other.

And hey let's make it straight. White people loot and riot as well.

I think what we need to look at is those who are feeding the frenzy and hoping it never ever stops.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Anybody who poses an unjustified threat to life and limb should be shot. You become a criminal, you die like a criminal. Fair enough?

But looting and vandalism doesn't pose a thread to life and limb, yet in the other thread people suggested that the military should fire into crowds if some of them start breaking windows.

It's interesting how people's attitudes change when the guy breaking the windows turns out to not only be white, but possibly a cop.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But looting and vandalism doesn't pose a thread to life and limb, yet in the other thread people suggested that the military should fire into crowds if some of them start breaking windows.

It's interesting how people's attitudes change when the guy breaking the windows turns out to not only be white, but possibly a cop.

So you would be willing to go shake the hand of some street thug that has no qualms about breaking into your business (or home) in broad daylight and on camera? You don't think this miscreant would have any problem hurting you if you asked him to stop or got in his way? Well, God bless, my friend...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So you would be willing to go shake the hand of some street thug that has no qualms about breaking into your business (or home) in broad daylight and on camera? You don't think this miscreant would have any problem hurting you if you asked him to stop or got in his way? Well, God bless, my friend...

Would I trust someone stealing or damaging property that isn't theirs? No.
Do I consider their actions excusable or justifiable? No.
Do I think shooting them is a proportionate reaction? No.
I'm all for the use of force to defend people against violence, but randomly firing into a crowd just because a handful of them smashed windows? Not the same thing, at all.
Also, as the video suggests, it seems some of these people are committing these acts to hurt the protestors' image.
Let's say some drunken redneck tossed a beer bottle through a window at an anti-mask/anti-quarantine protest. Would you be okay if the police and military just randomly fired into the group of protestors? Or is it different if the protestors are white and conservative?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No I'm not aware of what happened, why is it relevant?

A black man was accused of a crime against a white woman. He was held in protective custody, and a mob came for him. Race riots broke out, and largely white mobs destroyed a relatively affluent black community.

You seem defensive about my post, but I'm unsure why. Still, worth reading, particularly if you're American.

1921 Tulsa Race Massacre - Tulsa Historical Society & Museum