• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You can't take it with you (or can you?)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps we need to adjust our prospects of living longer than we expect - I mean more than this and the next day - in that whatever we do all will be lost if our life ended today or tomorrow, such that we might actually behave better? Or not. I mean, if life was more threatening, as in, those jealous of our/your/their wealth being more inclined to deprive us of such, and our lives in the process, would we behave differently? Perhaps we need more savagery to get more equality. :oops: ;) :p

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps we need to adjust our prospects of living longer than we expect - I mean more than this and the next day - in that whatever we do all will be lost if our life ended today or tomorrow, such that we might actually behave better? Or not. I mean, if life was more threatening, as in, those jealous of our/your/their wealth being more inclined to deprive us of such, and our lives in the process, would we behave differently? Perhaps we need more savagery to get more equality. :oops: ;) :p

My behaviors have nothing to do with my anticipated life expectancy, though I do tend to live each day with the understanding that it could be my last.

I don't listen to country music much anymore, but there's one tune by Tim McGraw that I hold in high regard...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My behaviors have nothing to do with my anticipated life expectancy, though I do tend to live each day with the understanding that it could be my last.

I don't listen to country music much anymore, but there's one tune by Tim McGraw that I hold in high regard...

Some people know how to punish others! (not a fan of C & W) :D

But the post is more about inequalities, which seem to be getting larger between the richest and the poorest, such that either we get to the state where some are essentially living different lives from the rest of us (which is mostly true now anyway) or we do something about it - or the poorest do, in claiming livies they might not ever have. What will it take to make us more likely to become fairer societies?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The best thing we can do is to not claim ownership to anything :) Because if it is taken away from us we would not see it as a loss, only that something was not there anymore for us to use or have.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Some people know how to punish others! (not a fan of C & W) :D

But the post is more about inequalities, which seem to be getting larger between the richest and the poorest, such that either we get to the state where some are essentially living different lives from the rest of us (which is mostly true now anyway) or we do something about it - or the poorest do, in claiming livies they might not ever have. What will it take to make us more likely to become fairer societies?
It's two worlds. The dystopia has definitely arrived.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The best thing we can do is to not claim ownership to anything :) Because if it is taken away from us we would not see it as a loss, only that something was not there anymore for us to use or have.

True, but many seem to want so much more than the rest of us.