• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You can't be Brother Mark!

Mark Dohle

seriousface.jpg

You can't be Brother Mark!

One day, a few months ago, a woman was checking into the retreat house for one of our retreats. As we talked, as I am most likely do, I joked a lot with her. I can be a bit of a clown.

She asked me my name, and I responded that I am Br. Mark, the guest-master. She looked at me in unbelief and stated that I could not possibly be Br. Mark, because he is very serious!

So I thought about it, and walked into the restroom near the office and looked into the mirror. I came back, and said, I am sorry, but the reflection I saw in the mirror was Br. Mark, so it must be me!

So she looked at me, and said, well I guess you are, I thought you looked like Br. Mark when I walked in, but you know how it is, you monks all look alike!

Then I laughed.--Br.MD