• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Cannot Know Christ.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ha there is no no excuse when it comes to Jeusu Christ bottom line he tells us what we need to do to have beautiful fellowship with him just enjoy praising him and he will take care of you people make it complicated thanks to the enemy

flattery won't get you anywhere

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you. 28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

actions speak louder than words

Matthew 15:8
“‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Mark 7:6
He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor mewith their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Whitestone

flattery won't get you anywhere

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you. 28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

actions speak louder than words

Matthew 15:8
“‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Mark 7:6
He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor mewith their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Fool, out of the evil of your heart, inappropriately and for no cause other than pure evil intent, did you just now judge Casianos as not being obedient to God and having no heart for Jesus... RIGHT AFTER he gave forth beautiful testimony and praise.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Your reward for such behavior is not going to be pleasant I assure you.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Fool, out of the evil of your heart, inappropriately and for no cause other than pure evil intent, did you just now judge Casianos as not being obedient to God and having no heart for Jesus... RIGHT AFTER he gave forth beautiful testimony and praise.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Your reward for such behavior is not going to be pleasant I assure you.

the statement was not personal. like the verses, pretty is as pretty does is an idiom that says an action determines what is really beautiful and what is just a facade.

empty words are of little value, like faith without works is just d-o-a.

jesus reinforces the idea of empty gestures and statement by calling the religious folks of his time, hypocrites.

matthew 23

for they say and do not

casianos5

Ha there is no no excuse when it comes to Jeusu Christ bottom line he tells us what we need to do to have beautiful fellowship with him just enjoy praising him and he will take care of you people make it complicated thanks to the enemy
No but the Holy Ghost will take me to heaven enjoying Jesus I don't need to flatter myself when it comes to Jesus it's not about me but him!

casianos5

I done judge and I sure don't have hate in my heart I am just saying what god expects from us my job is not to judge people

casianos5

the same action of love for self is expected in the same action of love for other as self. what will this other do when self isn't present? you have failed. we aren't expected to carry those who can walk and refuse to walk. we expect all selves to walk that are able. i could use the logic that i refuse to walk and someone then must carry me. again that isn't loving, it's selfish. that isn't having the same expectation of other as self.

allow me to present it to you in another way, the golden rule can be expressed as service to all as self. what then are the expectations of self for self? that rule then applies to all selves. not exclusively to this self vs that self. the golden rule says do unto others as you would have done unto you. it doesn't say do unto others as they would have you do. offering love is not necessarily reciprocated in love. selfishness, abuse, neglect, are not acceptable from either polarity of self or other as self.

here is where you and other as self diverge and disagree.

again if self is able then other as self is capable if able. there is no difference in action even if there is a difference in form.

loving your neighbor and abusing or neglecting self doesn't follow the golden rule, to love other as self is to require the action from both points of a straight line being in balance. one is not required to do more/less for other as self.

to idolize self is to demean other as self. to idolize other as self is to devalue self.

we all have the power to love. when we use that power wisely and without respect to persons we create a butterfly effect. love makes it to rain on friend or foe.

Sorry she has demononic spirits in her lady Gaga it's just the truth !

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, thank you for this rational question. However, if you are not a follower, and certainly not a leader, of Christianity, you will never grasp the issues in this Forum.

There are as many reasons to try to be Christian as there are people on Earth. But, not all of those reasons actually matter to God.
Then I would recommend that you move this discussion to the same faith debates section.
My interest stems from my long-standing engagement with interfaith dialogue. Since Christianity seeks to convert people to her faith, and since you seem to be suggesting that only some reasons of being a Christian can be authentic, your proposal seems important regarding how I assess Christian discipleship and the Christian experience of believers in general amidst other faiths of the world.

So, could you make a positive formulation for your view regarding what reasons matter to God of the Bible?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm. You did precisely what you just accused Fool of doing. :rolleyes:

Faithofchristian

You can not know Christ.
To answer your Thread.

That all depends, Who you are?

As for a Christian point of view, it's easy, if you have Spiritual discernment, to understand the things that are given by the Spirit of God. Otherwise it would be unless for you to understand the things that are given by the Spirit of God.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, Neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned. 1st Corinthians 2:14.

Kelly of the Phoenix

He had "No place to lay his head," meaning He had to be given accommodations.
It's called a motel. And when he's in his hometown, he has a house, right? Plus, he was getting people to use their houses to house them.

I don’t think love your neighbor means that person pays everything for them. For most people it would be impossible, because they have only money for their own things.
Yeah, it's not like Jesus paid everyone's bills or whatever while alive. For every "photo op" moment, there were countless maimed, dying, poor, hungry, etc. If we are to act like Jesus, the bar is a lot lower than the OP thinks.

If I recognize what a dog is and what it does, as a nonhuman and unsouled being, does that mean I hate It?
What tells you dogs have no souls?

There are as many reasons to try to be Christian as there are people on Earth. But, not all of those reasons actually matter to God.
God tells me He has children all over the globe and what social clubs they belong to is rather beside the point.

Christ cares nothing about anyone's personal feelings or their individuality. Show Scripture to the contrary.
Why, if Jesus and/or God are still alive, do I need scripture? Why don't I just ask Them?

Jesus never asked anyone how they "felt."
That makes him kind of a jerk.

Do you speak and think like Jesus? Yes? No?
I desire to be more.

Instead of speaking excuses, state what you know of Christ beyond what is plainly disclosed in Scripture.
Why when you just keep whining about personal opinions? Since you don't believe any of us who might have messages from God, you must think God can only be found in a book.

We need to get Gods attention so he can continue to bless us and have. Fellowship with us in the Holy Ghost
I thought God already knew what was in our hearts.

What is the point of fellowship with him? How does it make anything better? God can make sycophants out of rocks. I have little to no need of someone who is only out for an impressive "friends' list".

No but the Holy Ghost will take me to heaven enjoying Jesus I don't need to flatter myself when it comes to Jesus it's not about me but him!
You're pretty proud of yourself for thinking you have a safe shot at Heaven. Kind of arrogant, really.

Luke 14
7 When he noticed how the guests picked the places of honor at the table, he told them this parable: 8 “When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. 9 If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. 10 But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. 11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

casianos5

It's called a motel.
PLease tell me why am I arrogant because I want to go to heaven Wow you need some love of Jesus m

God tells me He has children all over the globe and what social clubs they belong to is rather beside the point.

Why, if Jesus and/or God are still alive, do I need scripture? Why don't I just ask Them?

I desire to be more.

Why when you just keep whining about personal opinions? Since you don't believe any of us who might have messages from God, you must think God can only be found in a book.

What is the point of fellowship with him? How does it make anything better? God can make sycophants out of rocks. I have little to no need of someone who is only out for an impressive "friends' list".

You're pretty proud of yourself for thinking you have a safe shot at Heaven. Kind of arrogant, really.

Luke 14
Yeah I bet y spend time in church
It's called a motel. And when he's in his hometown, he has a house, right? Plus, he was getting people to use their houses to house them.

Yeah, it's not like Jesus paid everyone's bills or whatever while alive. For every "photo op" moment, there were countless maimed, dying, poor, hungry, etc. If we are to act like Jesus, the bar is a lot lower than the OP thinks.

I desire to be more.

Luke 14
W

I desire to be more.

Luke 14
You can not know Christ.
To answer your Thread.

That all depends, Who you are?

As for a Christian point of view, it's easy, if you have Spiritual discernment, to understand the things that are given by the Spirit of God. Otherwise it would be unless for you to understand the things that are given by the Spirit of God.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, Neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned. 1st Corinthians 2:14.
I just don't understand people

I desire to be more.

Luke 14
the statement was not personal. like the verses, pretty is as pretty does is an idiom that says an action determines what is really beautiful and what is just a facade.

empty words are of little value, like faith without works is just d-o-a.

jesus reinforces the idea of empty gestures and statement by calling the religious folks of his time, hypocrites.

matthew 23

for they say and do not[/QUOThhhhhhhhhgmjj

I desire to be more.

You're pretty proud

I desire to be more.

Luke 14
people are crazy sorry

InChrist

Free4ever
Right, so according to Christianity god gives laws that no-one can follow then makes it their fault and demands they ask for forgiveness?

OK.
The commandments are given to reveal our inability to meet God's standards of holiness and perfection and need for a Savior.
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. Galatians 3:24-25

Faithofchristian

The commandments are given to reveal our inability to meet God's standards of holiness and perfection and need for a Savior.
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. Galatians 3:24-25

Have you any idea, What law is being spoken of in Galatians 3:24-25, It's not the Ten Commandment law, if that's what you think, back up to the beginning of
Chapter 2 and then read down to
Chapter 3:24-25.

That you will find in Chapter 2 Verse's 3,7 that it's the law of Circumcision that's being spoken of and not the Ten Commandment law, In Chapters 2 & 3.

The Gentiles were called the Uncircumcision, and the Jews were called the Circumcision.
Because the Jews were given the law of Circumcision, By God to Abraham then to Abraham's children, The Jews of Israel.

The law of Circumcision, was called the law of works, because it did involved some work in it, Which the Jews would take a knife and Circumcised themselves. Thereby calling Circumcision, The law of work's and the law of Faith.

Notice in Chapter 3:6-7
Verse 6--"Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness"
Verse 7--"Know you therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham"

Therefore God had Abraham to circumcised himself, it was an outward showing of his faith in God and then God accounted to Abraham for righteousness, because of Abraham's faith in God.

Therefore the law being spoken of is the law of Circumcision and not the
Ten Commandment law.
From Chapter 2 to Chapter 3:24-25.

Last edited:

casianos5

Have you any idea, What law is being spoken of in Galatians 3:24-25, It's not the Ten Commandment law, if that's what you think, back up to the beginning of
Chapter 2 and then read down to
Chapter 3:24-25.

That you will find in Chapter 2 Verse's 3,7 that it's the law of Circumcision that's being spoken of and not the Ten Commandment law, In Chapters 2 & 3.

The Gentiles were called the Uncircumcision, and the Jews were called the Circumcision.
Because the Jews were given the law of Circumcision, By God to Abraham then to Abraham's children, The Jews of Israel.

The law of Circumcision, was called the law of works, because it did involved some work in it, Which the Jews would take a knife and Circumcised themselves. Thereby calling Circumcision, The law of work's and the law of Faith.

Notice in Chapter 3:6-7
Verse 6--"Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness"
Verse 7--"Know you therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham"

Therefore God had Abraham to circumcised himself, it was an outward showing of his faith in God and then God accounted to Abraham for righteousness, because of Abraham's faith in God.

Therefore the law being spoken of is the law of Circumcision and not the
Ten Commandment law.
From Chapter 2 to Chapter 3:24-25.
Let's not forget also Abraham wasn't even Jewish thank you Jesus!

Faithofchristian

Let's not forget also Abraham wasn't even Jewish thank you Jesus!

Abraham was a Hebrew, which is Jewish.Thank you.

Genesis 14:13--"And there came one that had escaped, and told Abraham the Hebrew"

Therefore Abraham was a Hebrew, which is Jewish.
Why is it that people like yourself, before you say anything, That you don't Search things out before you go sticking your foot in your mouth.

casianos5

Abraham was a Hebrew, which is Jewish.Thank you.

Genesis 14:13--"And there came one that had escaped, and told Abraham the Hebrew"

Therefore Abraham was a Hebrew, which is Jewish.
Why is it that people like yourself, before you say anything, That you don't Search things out before you go sticking your foot in your mouth.
I don't stick my feet in my mouth I dust them off from people like you who doesn't even know what there are talking about spend some time in church and bible study