• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are the next Pope

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So let's say Pope Francis died or steps down. The spirit of God tells all the Cardinals your address and says it is the will of God that you are the next Pope.

Would you take the job? What would you do?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What would I do? That's easy. I'd make this a reality:

FB-IMG-1537913762560.jpg

Earthling

David Henson
So let's say Pope Francis died or steps down. The spirit of God tells all the Cardinals your address and says it is the will of God that you are the next Pope.

Honestly? You're not going to like it but I would frankly tell them that they wouldn't know the spirit of God if it . . . well, you get the picture.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I would do something about the silly hat and address the ungodliness of dildo jokes.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...I would be killed as they did with John Paul the 1st:D

Morto n'papa se ne fa n'artro

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Fire quite a lot of people who were involved in various illegal coverups and digitize every document both modern and historical, painting and illustration under the public domain. Reverse course on contraception, gay marriage, trans rights and convert every church larger than a standard American Costco into tuition free, no restrictions on belief or practice, secular school, food kitchen and community center. Then funnel half of the churches net wealth into maintaining them as such.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Expose to the public all of the abuse, cover-ups, and any other secrets the church might have, sell off all of its property, assets, holdings, etc. and use all of money for food, clothing, medicine, and shelter for those in need, and then finally dissolve the church itself.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Well I'm a quaker so I'll be telling them they have the wrong person and if they don't then decline and go back to sitting in silence for a hour.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Issue an edict that no more would the words "bless you my son/daughter" be spoken but instead actually do something to help.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Well I'm a quaker so I'll be telling them they have the wrong person and if they don't then decline and go back to sitting in silence for a hour.
And if during that silent moment God tell me to take the job I would.I would expose all the coverups the church has made.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member

On the one hand, I really, really want to get married, so becoming the Pope would kinda put the kabosh on that. But on the other hand, I could potentially annul all the doctrinal statements concerning the Papacy, Filioque and the Immaculate Conception, revoke all of what the Catholics have called the "Ecumenical Councils" from the 8th one right on down to Vatican II, and bring the Roman Church back into communion with the Orthodox Church. I could also expose, defrock and have arrested all the priests and bishops involved in the various coverups, advocate for a return to authentic monasticism, de-Protestantize the Mass and reintroduce Rome's authentic liturgical and spiritual traditions, and also call an ecumenical council to deal with the shenanigans that have been happening in Rome and Orthodoxy for the last several centuries. The Eastern Catholic churches would be reunited with their Orthodox counterparts. Oh, and married men can become priests again.

... Going celibate might be worth it...

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Nah, as I'm too far out in left field to take the job. Matter of fact, where's the ball park?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hey!.....I know......

a pay as you go......confessional scam....!!!!!!!

no wait....the church already does that