• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are most famous for....

Aqualung

Tasty
I have never gotten close to being famous. I would like to either be a guitarist in a famous group or a famous screen play or script writer.

Well, actually, I was pretty well known in the state as a shot putter, but that's about it.

nutshell

1. I was almost famous because I appeared on the Ramblin' Rod Show.

2. I want to be famous for defeating class action lawsuits brought by plaintiff's lawyers with too much time on their hands.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
1) www.ScubaBoard.com Owning and operating the largest web site dealing with diving is my claim to fame. With over 82,000 registered users and 2,000,000+ unique visitors each and every month, no other media (print or internet) comes close to my reach. I am truly blessed by being the owner of this site!

2) I don't want to be famous for anything. There is great gain in Godliness with contentment. I am quite content.

Aqualung

Tasty
1. I was almost famous because I appeared on the Ramblin' Rod Show.

2. I want to be famous for defeating class action lawsuits brought by plaintiff's lawyers with too much time on their hands.

I would like to be famous in the area of law, too.

Hope

Princesinha
1. What was your closest brush with being famous?

2. What would you like to be famous for? :D

1. I've never had even a smidgeon of a touch of being famous.

2. I would like to be a famous author someday. But a famous anonymous author.....I treasure my privacy too much. Still trying to think of a good pen name....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
1. Other than locally for wrestling and playing in a few bands, I've not come close to being very famous for much, save for being able to out drink and out smoke everyone at a party.

2. I would like to be famous for playing my bass in a band. Not just being in a band, but for being a legendary bassist.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I was once interviewed by three or four TV stations and a newspaper for some stuff I did as a firefighter when I was much younger. After the first interview, I suddenly understood what Any Warhol meant when he said, "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes." He was talking about the way TV makes you famous for 15 minutes, until people forget the story they just saw, and move on to the next sensation.

I've never sought fame for anything that I can recall. But if I had to be famous for something, then I'd want very much to be famous for my beautiful, silky armpit hair.

mcteethinator

Idiosyncratic Muslim
1. There was the time I became famous in my school for my speech about why P.E. sucked, my response to the infamous John Sweeney video on Youtube which got me 48,000 views, etc.

2. Historian, actor, political activist/writer

blackout

Violet.
No fame here, though having been the only paid church accompanist in a fairly large parish in my area, for 10 years, I was up at the front of the congregation playing piano (and singing sometimes as well) for an endless number of Sundays ... with only TWO abscences to my name. (snow, and snow). Needless to say there are alot more people in the local walmart who know my name, than I know theirs. (Though after my parting... I'm SURE at least some of them avoid me. lol)

I would LIKE to publish my unique keyboard/piano method,
and provide a training program
for both teachers to use with students,
and a "learn yourself" version (video & notated sheets).

I see it sort of like the modern day competition
for an outdated/overrated Suzuki Method,
that takes over the "alternative" lessons market,
and ACTUALLY teaches students how music works,
while simply teaching students how to play TODAY'S music,
the authentic way, with chord symbols and lead sheets,
(as well as the classics of yesterday).
Yes it's a big dream... but it is that good!

As my method IS actually and truly unique,
and FILLS A HUGE GAP left by any other method series out there...
it would be my MOST LIKELY claim to fame.
As my method includes a wholy unique NOTATION,
I feel I may need specialized legal help,
and as I am poor, I just don't know how to proceed.

I'm pretty sure though that I will never be a well known musician.
My life is far too busy, and I just don't have the time and resources to focus there.
So as I am learning to record music on my own,
I just share it for free, weather it's polished or not.

I no longer feel I have anything to prove on that front.
I just enjoy making my own music again.(when I can)
(you couldn't pay me to play another church song for as long as I live!)
Unless I was personally MOVED to that is....

w00t

I don't know about being famous, but I have been on TV and the radio a few times, we have also had several films made of our 'haunted' house. Our story is featured in a magazine currently in the shops in the UK. When I type my name into Google I am suprised at the number of hits!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I'm famous the world over. You just won't believe who I really am, so I'm not gonna say anyway.....

But seriously, I've never even had a sniff at famous...ness??? o_O

I want to be famous for discovering something or being a good surgeon! :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

I have always wanted to sing - ideally, opera - the nearest I got to it?:rolleyes: In my early twenties I came across a colleague at work who could play an accoustic 12 string. He saw me writing poetry one day, and asked how I'd feel trying to write lyrics.

We spent some time (over a period of a couple of years) doing the rounds of the local pubs (bars to you Americans); he played the guitar, and I sang. When he felt brave enough, he would sing as well. At least we never had to buy a single drink - the pints used to stack up, and it even got to the stage that the landlords kept a guitar behind the bar for Alan to use...:cool:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I guess it all depends on how "famous" one can be. I'm easily recognized in the theatre community around St. Louis, MO. I've given a few interviews on the local news stations for my performances, choreography, and for the dance programs that I've developed. I've also granted interviews as the Family Readiness Group Leader in my husband's Army Reserve Unit - I discussed the community's and families' "Welcome Home" ceremony for the soldiers after they returned from Iraq/Kuwait.

Word of advice: if you ever have the opportunity to be interviewed on television, be prepared for what might seem like "stupid questions." Questions are generalized so that you are free to embellish, and this is where they get their clips for TV. Also, be prepared to see your face on screen in an insane close-up. :eek:

At one point, I also was giving autographs for kids, teens, and adults. What is really cool about having fans of your work, is to meet them or hear from them about how you've inspired them to follow their own dreams. I've been incredibly lucky to hear how others have been inspired by my work, and are currently on the fast track to going further than I've ever gone! :)

Fame isn't what I seek. But I do want to be remembered for my body of work and for my commitment to the performance arts. I hope to be remembered for introducing folks to the art form as well as for exemplifying that the performance arts are ulitmately a completely selfless act.

I've said in several of my biographies before that if anyone wants to go on stage to stroke their own egos, they're doomed to fail. Good stagecraft demands a performer to put her own whims aside, to place the power completely in the audience's hands, and to embrace whatever response the audience gives back.

Peace,
Mystic

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
1. Well I am kind of "famous" for my off the wall humor. Aside from this my only brush with 'fame" so far was the day before Windows 95 was released I was asked my opinions by a local newspaper and got a large photo of myself tinkering inside a computer for the paper the next day.

2. If it could be arranged that I could be world famous without being recognizable "on the street" I'd agree to it in a heartbeat. Dealing with the loss of personal freedom to the Pappacrazies would not be a fun thing to deal with. Then again, if I had permission to carry a rocket launcher it might be fun taking pot shots at them. :)

Aqualung

Tasty
It's weird that some people they never want to be famous. I've always dreamed of being able to say my name in any household and people at least seeing that it's familiar, if not being able to say who I am. Or being able to search my name in wikipedia and finding a really detailed page. :D

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I have never gotten close to being famous. I would like to either be a guitarist in a famous group or a famous screen play or script writer.

Well, actually, I was pretty well known in the state as a shot putter, but that's about it.

What kind of music do you like to play?

Shot put? that is a difficult sport. I'm impressed.