• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Are Like Jesus

Ellen Brown

What would you do if someone said that you are like Jesus? Most of us might feel depricative about that. Some might feel unduly flattered, never having expected to hear that.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What would you do if someone said that you are like Jesus? Most of us might feel depricative about that. Some might feel unduly flattered, never having expected to hear that.

Depends on the context.

Like if they were commenting on my driving skills, I might take exception to that.

Which is why I never really understood the lyrics of this song. I could understand perhaps Richard Petty or Juan Pablo Montoya, but I don't think there were too many cars around during the time Jesus was alive.

Wait, what was the question again?

Ellen Brown

Depends on the context.

Like if they were commenting on my driving skills, I might take exception to that.

Which is why I never really understood the lyrics of this song. I could understand perhaps Richard Petty or Juan Pablo Montoya, but I don't think there were too many cars around during the time Jesus was alive.

Wait, what was the question again?

No matter what we have experienced, we can choose to try to do better.

Ellen Brown

Don't really want to get into a long discussion of this because I am still processing. There is that school of thought that posits us as friends of Jesus. Another states we are his brothers and sisters. Perhaps, when we are being our best selves, we strive to emulate Jesus? Yes, the things that we can do. He did say that if we had faith as a mustard seed we could walk with him on water...

whirlingmerc

Christian means 'little Christ' and Christians are supposed to be becoming more Christ like in their sanctification with time.... so... its supposed to be truer and truer as a real believer lives