• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

you are already free

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
zenzero- I do realize that I am always a part of Nature... I just find being away from human habitations and in the moderately more wild areas to be just as effective as meditation, if not more so.

and we do have our own dogmas and traditions. ;)

wa:do

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
zenzero- I do realize that I am always a part of Nature... I just find being away from human habitations and in the moderately more wild areas to be just as effective as meditation, if not more so.

and we do have our own dogmas and traditions. ;)

wa:do

I have to agree with you. I find that nature is soothing and it helps calm the mind. Many of the "Awakened Ones" recieved their "message" while in the solitude and peacefulness of nature. A certain cave and a certain tree come to mind.

jtartar

I for one never quite understood how is it possible to believe in Abraham's God. His attributes are so supreme that they end up being self-contradictory. The classic objection to his existence is the "Problem of Evil": if God is supremely good and powerful, how is it possible for evil to exist?

Dharmic religions don't suffer as much from the same challenge, because even in its most deist forms (Sikhism, Bhakti Yoga) they are, shall we say, more pro-active. There is a focus not on claiming acceptance of God's existence, but on learning to cooperate with it. They are growth-oriented religions.

LuisDantas,
The very God that inspired the writing of the Holy Bible says that He created the heavens and the earth, Isa 45:18. This God, whose personal name is Jehovah, in English, also says that all the earth and everything in it belongs to Him, Ps 24:1,2 This same God says every other god that people worship are NONEXISTENT, IMAGINATION, and are only in men's minds. God promises to destroy all of these Gods and the people who worship them, Ps 115:2-8, Jere 10:6,11,12.
What other god says that he created everything???
Since the God that created everything is going to bring retribution upon earth, anyone who is very smart will look into what this God says, if they want to continue living, along with their families, Deut 30:19,20, Rom 3:5,6, 2Thes 1:6-9, Rev 19:11-21.
Jehovah God wants all to come to an accurrate Knowledge of Him and be saved, 1Tim 2:4,5.
God's purpose is to make a paradise of this earth and He must rid the earth of all who will no obey Him. Without this a paradise can never be realized, 2Pet 3:7-13.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend painted wolf,

I do realize that I am always a part of Nature... I just find being away from human habitations and in the moderately more wild areas to be just as effective as meditation, if not more so.
Being alongside nature just helps in being meditative, naturally. One may be only considering the outer enviromnent to feel that it is as effective as meditation but when one understands what meditation is all about he realises it is something that everyone has been doing it but unkowingly as that it part of nature for all beings.
Love & rgds

jtartar

I for one never quite understood how is it possible to believe in Abraham's God. His attributes are so supreme that they end up being self-contradictory. The classic objection to his existence is the "Problem of Evil": if God is supremely good and powerful, how is it possible for evil to exist?

Dharmic religions don't suffer as much from the same challenge, because even in its most deist forms (Sikhism, Bhakti Yoga) they are, shall we say, more pro-active. There is a focus not on claiming acceptance of God's existence, but on learning to cooperate with it. They are growth-oriented religions.

LuisDantas,
Only the Almighty God is omnific.
When talking about God's attributes you are always talking about absolutes.
Everything God made was perfect, Deut 32:4,5. Notice that in verse 5 we are told that the defect is their own.
Consider this; when a person is born, he was just a baby. Later on he can become whatever he wants to.
He makes himself whatever he eventually becomes, not his father.
God made everything perfect, but He also made all intelligent life with free will. When Satan decided to sin against God, He made himself a sinner. This is called being SELFBORN, as a sinner. The same is true of Adam, he became a selfborn sinner when he decided to disobey God and follow Satan.
When God created the heavens and the earth there was no evil in them. God's sons became sinners and brought into being, evil.
God even saw the direction Cain was headed so He warned Cain, Gen 4:6,7, but Cain did not listen, Gen 4:8, and started the human race on a course of sin and death.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Its the emptiness that is not the focus of meditation. Now, take focus off of meditation, and emptiness now has form. -NM-

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend painted wolf,

Perhaps, but I find Eastern Meditation doesn't work for me, regardless of the setting.

Well how about western meditation?
[joking]
meditation is no an activity as such. It is cessation of all activity even or mainly
THINKING.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nowhere Man,

What is "it" a person meditates on?

The focus is on *FOCUS* itself.
However the english word *focus*, may have limitation in one's understanding so would rather replace it with *CONSCIOUSNESS*.
One simply is conscious of consciousness.
Be conscious to BEING CONSCIOUSNESS itself is the journey of meditation; if at all it can be called a journey as the beginning itself is the end of the journey.
Love & rgds

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Friend Nowhere Man,

The focus is on *FOCUS* itself.
However the english word *focus*, may have limitation in one's understanding so would rather replace it with *CONSCIOUSNESS*.
One simply is conscious of consciousness.
Be conscious to BEING CONSCIOUSNESS itself is the journey of meditation; if at all it can be called a journey as the beginning itself is the end of the journey.
Love & rgds

Now unfocus my friend. :)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nowhere Man,

The question to unfocus is...............................

Love & rgds