• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You and the Mosque

mystic man

Esoteric
To the Qur'anites ONLY:

Do the people at your Mosque know about your beliefs? If so, how do they react to you?

ayani

To the Qur'anites ONLY:

Do the people at your Mosque know about your beliefs? If so, how do they react to you?

salam, brother.

no, they tend not to know. with the right sister, i'll open up a bit about my beliefs on universalism, the Quran, and salvation. thanks to God if i can meet such a person, otherwise i tend not to speak much. these days i worship by myself, or outside.

i also happen to work in a Sunni madrassa, and they tend to assume i'm Sunni as well, as i wear hijab at work, and fail to raise issues with anything taught there. God knows i would like to, but it's not my place, honestly.

though one time, i was asked to speak to some third graders on how i came to Islam. after i was alone with them, i was asked about my Christian family, and i let the kids know that i don't try to convert them- that the Quran says whoever submits to God and does good deeds, he is well guided, God willing, and that there is no compulsion in faith. one little guy said "yeah, my dad says that it doesn't matter is you're a Jew or a Christian or whatever, so long as you believe in Allah and do good deeds", and i said "masha'allah, your dad is a bright man", and left it at that.

hmm. what about you, brother?

ruhnafsoul

ruhnafsoul
hmm.. for U your religion.. and for me my religion..
a mosque is a place.. physically seen by physical human eyes as a building for which the people of Islam pray / made solah inside it..
Spriritually, or by the haqiqa.. the true mosque is inside the heart of the Muslim, the Mukmin and The Muhsinin. The heart is the hidden reality of the mosque.. a place of worship of every man who has faith with GOD.. with ALLAH for Muslims, Mukmin and Muhsinin.. not sure about others..
So.. in my opinion.. what others reaction is nothing to know about.. what to know about is our reaction to ALLAH.. are we believe or not to HIM.. in HIM

forgive my bad adab if my opinion touches my brother's nafs..

Snowber

Hello Mystic Man,

Fortunately many "Quran only" believers are now forming their own Mosques in their homes.

Does this remind you a verse?

[10:87] We inspired Moses and his brother. "Maintain your homes in Egypt for the time being, turn your homes into synagogues, and maintain the Contact Prayers (Salat). Give good news to the believers."

Some Quran only followers believe that attending a Mosque where "idol worship" is practiced is unlawful.
Masjids that Oppose God and His Messenger*

[9:107] There are those who abuse the masjid by practicing idol worship, dividing the believers, and providing comfort to those who oppose GOD and His messenger. They solemnly swear: "Our intentions are honorable!" GOD bears witness that they are liars.

Do Not Pray in Those Masjids

[9:108] You shall never pray in such a masjid. A masjid that is established on the basis of righteousness from the first day is more worthy of your praying therein. In it, there are people who love to be purified. GOD loves those who purify themselves.