• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another newcomer

epronovost

Hello,

After a few visit on the site, I decided to join the fray. I am an atheist of the secular humanist variety. I live in Quebec, Canada and work as a history teacher and feminist activist. I never really was religious and do not come from a religious family either. As you might expect, english isn't my first language so a few things might be lost in translation, but it should not cause too much problem. I have a certain interest in discussion on history, politics and mythology. I have a certain special expertise in hellenistic Greece history and early 20th century political history. I hope to find interesting and challenging coversations here.

epronovost

welcome, how cold is it there now, is there snow

Actually, the weather is great this week. It's around 10 degrees and sunny. It's ideal for a stroll in the parks to watch the leaves or to visit the Chinese lantern garden.

1a119b30-0f92-4654-8ce5-a068245fd7b3_ORIGINAL.jpg

I'll wait until the end of our election (21st of Octobre) before dramatically saying that winter comes.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually, the weather is great this week. It's around 10 degrees and sunny. It's ideal for a stroll in the parks to watch the leaves or to visit the Chinese lantern garden.

1a119b30-0f92-4654-8ce5-a068245fd7b3_ORIGINAL.jpg

I'll wait until the end of our election (21st of Octobre) before dramatically saying that winter comes.
Ten degrees Celcius. :)

epronovost

Do you prefer pistols, swords, or bare knuckles? :)

I'm a fairly good swordsman and I have completed a basic military training so I'm fairly competant with the others. For practical reasons, I propose words...in the appropriate thread on an agreed upon subject.

Terry Sampson

I propose words...in the appropriate thread on an agreed upon subject.

Fair enough, ... although, when irreconcilable differences clash, words fail. See ya' on the bumper car court. Don't forget your helmet and strap on your seatbelt. Some of the folks around here are mean. :D

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I'm a fairly good swordsman and I have completed a basic military training so I'm fairly competant with the others. For practical reasons, I propose words...in the appropriate thread on an agreed upon subject.

Ah...welcome swordsman.....

We have a variety of combat modes to choose from here on RF (figuratively speaking of course)
fighting0074.gif
fighting0068.gif
fighting0061.gif
fighting0007.gif
fighting0077.gif
fighting0032.gif
fighting0040.gif

With an equally diverse variety of responses....

fighting0054.gif
fighting0093.gif
fighting0057.gif
fighting0086.gif
fighting0092.gif
fighting0085.gif
fighting0079.gif
fighting0080.gif
fighting0071.gif
fighting0059.gif

Just to prepare you for all contingencies......:D

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'd also prefere a duel of the wits but too often I see that that would be unfair because my interlocutor is unarmed.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello,

After a few visit on the site, I decided to join the fray. I am an atheist of the secular humanist variety. I live in Quebec, Canada and work as a history teacher and feminist activist. I never really was religious and do not come from a religious family either. As you might expect, english isn't my first language so a few things might be lost in translation, but it should not cause too much problem. I have a certain interest in discussion on history, politics and mythology. I have a certain special expertise in hellenistic Greece history and early 20th century political history. I hope to find interesting and challenging coversations here.

Oh no, an atheist, teacher, and history buff?
I fear I just became redundant...

*Sobs*

Err...welcome to RF!