• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes, or Pass.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
can I say yes....just so I can play this game?

yes

and now that I have lied....

have you told the truth when it reeeeeeealy hurt to do so?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Jedster question is far from unique, many people do, not only brits. Its quite a tourist attraction.

To yours, yes, several times, last one a cat had it, it escaped and flew right into my hand where it stayed until i let it go away from the cat.

Have you ever climbed a mountain?

Daemon Sophic

The Jedster question is far from unique, many people do, not only brits. Its quite a tourist attraction.

To yours, yes, several times, last one a cat had it, it escaped and flew right into my hand where it stayed until i let it go away from the cat.

Have you ever climbed a mountain?
Oh. I had to look it up, although I have been to London as a child.

As for climbing a mountain, yes; I have climbed several.

Have you ever gone for a multi-mile hike or camped in a desert?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes, used to take classes on overnight trips, long hikes were involved.
Have you ever accidentally overturned a canoe?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, used to take classes on overnight trips, long hikes were involved.
Have you ever accidentally overturned a canoe?

Yes, and the people having sex underneath it were really P-O ed.

Have you ever spent more than a full 24 hours completely alone?

Daemon Sophic

Yes, and the people having sex underneath it were really P-O ed.

Have you ever spent more than a full 24 hours completely alone?
?Seriously with the canoe?

Yes, while hiking and camping in the desert.

Do you, or any of your family or close friends have a PhD? (and out of curiosity....in what field(s)?)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
?Seriously with the canoe?

Yes, while hiking and camping in the desert.

Do you, or any of your family or close friends have a PhD? (and out of curiosity....in what field(s)?)

Yes, entomology I believe.

Have you ever been lost in the Bermuda Triangle? (I have, btw. True story.)

Daemon Sophic

Yes, entomology I believe.

Have you ever been lost in the Bermuda Triangle? (I have, btw. True story.)
All right, even you and @ChristineM have to admit that that one is pretty far out there. :eek:

I’ll come back here in about an hour, and if nobody has answered “Yes”, (and they have to supply their story) then I’m gonna ask a different question.

Meanwhile why don’t you tell us your story? o_O

BSM1

What? Me worry?
All right, even you and @ChristineM have to admit that that one is pretty far out there. :eek:

I’ll come back here in about an hour, and if nobody has answered “Yes”, (and they have to supply their story) then I’m gonna ask a different question.

Meanwhile why don’t you tell us your story? o_O

Okay, here goes. We were steaming across the Atlantic about fifty miles north or Bermuda heading for the Mediterranean. It was a beautiful, sunny day, the sea was calm, and I had just eaten lunch. My job was repairing and maintaining some of the electronic equipment on board, so I was going around just checking on things. Everything was fine, we were talking on the radios to Bermuda, the radars were functioning properly, and we were on course heading due east. Suddenly the radios went dead, the radars went blank, and our gyro compasses started spinning madly. We checked the equipment and couldn't find any malfunctions. No one panicked because could still steer due east by 'dead reckoning' using the sun. Almost six hours to the minute later the radios came back up, the radars started functioning, and our gyro compasses settled down. We never found anything that could cause this event, and the rest of our crossing was uneventful. Now, I know this is anti-climatic--no sea monsters or ghost ships--but afterwards I thought to myself, suppose this was at night during a storm, we might still be there steaming in a circle; or, even worse, if this happened to a plane, they would probably run out of gas before clearing the anomaly. That's my 'lost in the Bermuda Triangle' story; so I guess I'd better ask another question. Or better yet, someone answer @Daemon Sophic question.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bump-start!

Have you ever appeared in court as a witness or expert witness?
Just to try to keep things going since it's been awhile and no one answered:
I haven't appeared, but when I was a case manager and service provider for DCS I did have training for court appearances. It contained and overwhelming amount of information that is impossible to take all away in the time you have to do it in, but the key take away is your have to be asininely detailed when you addressed the court, and, true story, you have to even be so specific as to demonstrate how choking someone and not being able to breath is detrimental to one's health, as DCS apparently lost a case when they failed to do so.

Have you ever unintentionally and unknowingly stole something (would it still technically be stealing in that case?)?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Okay, here goes. We were steaming across the Atlantic about fifty miles north or Bermuda heading for the Mediterranean. It was a beautiful, sunny day, the sea was calm, and I had just eaten lunch. My job was repairing and maintaining some of the electronic equipment on board, so I was going around just checking on things. Everything was fine, we were talking on the radios to Bermuda, the radars were functioning properly, and we were on course heading due east. Suddenly the radios went dead, the radars went blank, and our gyro compasses started spinning madly. We checked the equipment and couldn't find any malfunctions. No one panicked because could still steer due east by 'dead reckoning' using the sun. Almost six hours to the minute later the radios came back up, the radars started functioning, and our gyro compasses settled down. We never found anything that could cause this event, and the rest of our crossing was uneventful. Now, I know this is anti-climatic--no sea monsters or ghost ships--but afterwards I thought to myself, suppose this was at night during a storm, we might still be there steaming in a circle; or, even worse, if this happened to a plane, they would probably run out of gas before clearing the anomaly. That's my 'lost in the Bermuda Triangle' story; so I guess I'd better ask another question. Or better yet, someone answer @Daemon Sophic question.
cool story; glad you're safe. Ever experienced anything like it at other times/places...sorry, I guess this should go in a separate thread...

to keep on topic:
Have you ever unintentionally and unknowingly stole something (would it still technically be stealing in that case?)?
Yes, walked out of a store carrying a book I was going to buy because the people with me were hurrying up after dillydallying...I turned right around and went back in and paid...

Have you ever seen yourself in a newspaper or on tv?

Daemon Sophic

cool story; glad you're safe. Ever experienced anything like it at other times/places...sorry, I guess this should go in a separate thread...

to keep on topic:

Yes, walked out of a store carrying a book I was going to buy because the people with me were hurrying up after dillydallying...I turned right around and went back in and paid...

Have you ever seen yourself in a newspaper or on tv?
Yes. Twice on TV. Actually two episodes of the same show.....and no, it wasn’t America’s Most Wanted. ;)
...and no, I am not now, nor have I ever been an actor. (although my name does appear in IMDB).

Have you been, or do you know someone who has been to Anarctica? (both my parents have actually been to the marker at the South Pole, and one brother of mine made it to the continent’s shore at McMurdo Station).

Daemon Sophic

Yes. someone I met in service.

Have you ever spent the night in jail?

(BTW, @Daemon Sophic, was "Cops" the program you were on?)
OK @BSM1 it would seem that you are the only one to have spent time in the slammer. Which is quite surprising to me....o_O.....given the people present in this forum. ;)
Let's just agree that you're the only one willing to admit it.

As to your secondary question.....No. It was not "Cops".

tenor.gif

New question:

Have you ever been in a hospital overnight?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
OK @BSM1 it would seem that you are the only one to have spent time in the slammer. Which is quite surprising to me....o_O.....given the people present in this forum. ;)
Let's just agree that you're the only one willing to admit it.
I was lucky enough to not get caught (I suspect I'm not the only one here).
Have you ever been in a hospital overnight?
At least a few times due to surgeries.
Have you ever been in a fight?

Daemon Sophic

I was lucky enough to not get caught (I suspect I'm not the only one here).

At least a few times due to surgeries.
Have you ever been in a fight?
Once, as a child (6th grade). I won. Both of us went to the principal’s office. I got a warning. He got the paddle. :cool:

Question:
Have you ever known anyone who went to the continent of Antarctica?