• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yep, I was totally wrong to worry about escalation between US and Iran

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes, and he’s the president, temporarily. He got the power! Scary, isn’t it?
Yeah, is scary.
Too bad the USA isn't a democracy. If it were, the person who helped get a peace deal with Iran would now be president.
Instead, the person who promised conflict with Iran is president.
Tom

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As much as I dislike most of Trump's policies and character, on this I trust him far more than I trust Bolton. However, since President Bone-Spurs has next to no military knowledge, he might all too easily be conned by Bolton and some others to attack.

Audie

Veteran Member
Follow the money. The tЯump and his buddies will get lots of money. Look closely at McTurtle-- he's already made millions on phony wars.

Undercutting even a facile analysis with juv.
name calling is not going to win me to your
beliefs.

It may help your understanding to have some
wider perspective of why the USA engages in
so many military pursuits overseas, and,
paradoxically seems unconcerned with actually
"winning".

If you just put it down to profiteering, you will never
understand it.

Bob the Unbeliever

Undercutting even a facile analysis with juv.
name calling is not going to win me to your
beliefs.

It may help your understanding to have some
wider perspective of why the USA engages in
so many military pursuits overseas, and,
paradoxically seems unconcerned with actually
"winning".

If you just put it down to profiteering, you will never
understand it.

It would appear you turn a blind eye to the massive piles of money, made by GOP goons in Government, every time we go to "war".

One of the most egregious examples, is the direct conflict of interest of Dick Cheney, and his no-bid military contracts....

But it's not about the money? Okay. If you say so, right?

Audie

Veteran Member
Yeah, is scary.
Too bad the USA isn't a democracy. If it were, the person who helped get a peace deal with Iran would now be president.
Instead, the person who promised conflict with Iran is president.
Tom

Neville Chamberlin came back from a 1938 meeting in
Munich, having made a peace deal, for which he was
greeted with joyous enthusiasm.

When news of the diplomatic breakthrough reached the British capital, normally staid London responded like a death-row prisoner granted a last-minute reprieve. Jubilation and waves of relief washed over London in a celebration that had not been seen since the armistice that silenced the guns of World War I.

On a rainy autumn evening, thousands awaited the prime minister’s return at London’s Heston Aerodrome, and the thankful crowd cheered wildly as the door to his British Airways jet opened. As raindrops fell on Chamberlain’s silver hair, he stepped onto the airport tarmac. He held aloft the nonaggression pact that had been inked by him and Hitler only hours before, and the flimsy piece of paper flapped in the breeze. The prime minister read to the nation the brief agreement that reaffirmed “the desire of our two peoples never to go to war with one another again.”

Summoned to Buckingham Palace to give a first-hand report to King George VI, Chamberlain was cheered on by thousands who lined the five-mile route from the airport. As the rain poured, thousands flooded the plaza in front of the royal residence. As if it were a coronation or a royal wedding, the frenzied cheers brought forth the king and queen along with Chamberlain and his wife onto the palace balcony. In an unprecedented move, the smiling king motioned the prime minister to step forward and receive the crowd’s adulation as he receded into the background to leave the stage solely to a commoner.

After his royal audience, Chamberlain returned to his official residence at No. 10 Downing Street. There a jubilant crowd shouted “Good old Neville!” and sang “For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow.” From a second-floor window, Chamberlain addressed the crowd and invoked Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli’s famous statement upon returning home from the Berlin Congress of 1878, “My good friends, this is the second time in our history that there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honor. I believe it is peace for our time.”

Audie

Veteran Member
It would appear you turn a blind eye to the massive piles of money, made by GOP goons in Government, every time we go to "war".

One of the most egregious examples, is the direct conflict of interest of Dick Cheney, and his no-bid military contracts....

But it's not about the money? Okay. If you say so, right?

GOP Goons.

Never mind, you only want sarcasm and name calling,
so you can post to yourself, I wont take further part.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As much as I dislike most of Trump's policies and character, on this I trust him far more than I trust Bolton. However, since President Bone-Spurs has next to no military knowledge, he might all too easily be conned by Bolton and some others to attack.
That is a pretty low bar, now, isn't it?

Who would you trust less then John Bolton for these matters?

Wandering Monk

I am sure that multiple nations were watching the airspace over there by satellite and other means. If this drone was over Iran we should be able to find out.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
It was over Iranian waters according to the link I posted, there are no international waters at that point in the strait

Wandering Monk

You really think the Iraq war was for election reasons?

Pull back for a broader perspective. Look at this
list. US Interventions

(dont get distracted by the "westward expansion" thing.)
here is another.

Timeline of United States military operations - Wikipedia

Now, suppose you are expected to give a well
considered explanation for this, some unifying theme.

You cannot just make things up or write an opinion
about it and call that fact.

So, what is really going on? Why Korea, Vietnam,
Grenada, etc etc? Why wars that cannot be won?
What is being accomplished by them?

To force the commies to send arms and money to countries that would never be able to repay, thus bankrupting communist countries.