• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yep, I was totally wrong to worry about escalation between US and Iran

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Speaking of missing the point. President Trump has many good reasons to not want a war with Iran and many for wanting people to think he does and to talk about the prospect. Talk of a possible war with Iran helps his re-election prospects, for one. Now some people can’t even see these things. While others have such deep derangement about Trump that they are gullible dupes, doing Trump a favor without realizing it! These poor schmucks have Trump living in their heads 24/7.

Anyways, it isn’t like when Obama sent troops and bombed Syria killing thousands in total opposition to the government of that country. But he was a Democrat. So, he got a pass.
Cool whataboutism. I was quite condemning of American involvement in Syria under Obama. But hey, why discuss the actual topic when you can force everything into a false dichotomy, "Democrats bad, republicans good" rant?

If you want to discuss Syria, Somalia, Kashmir or Nigeria, go start your own thread.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I recall some people talking during the Cold War about how they thought a nuclear war was winnable. A small percentage of the population and some industries might still survive, in which case we might still be able to make more nuclear weapons to wipe out whatever is left.

It is kind of fascinating to look at the history of warfare. It's a testament to the ingenuity of mankind. With each passing age, each generation, we keep coming up with better and more effective weapons to kill each other.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Let's see irrefutable evidence that the drone was shot down in international airspace and not in Iranian airspace.

Shaul

Premium Member
Cool whataboutism. I was quite condemning of American involvement in Syria under Obama. But hey, why discuss the actual topic when you can force everything into a false dichotomy, "Democrats bad, republicans good" rant?

If you want to discuss Syria, Somalia, Kashmir or Nigeria, go start your own thread.
Yeah, but I was giving you a chance to ignore it and talk about the many other fine points I made. But you fell for it! Tee hee! Just like you fell for Trump’s misdirection of talking about some prospect for war in Iran while he is doing other things, like getting re-elected. How does if feel knowing you are being duped by Trump?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree
and how would anyone on the ground id the drone as harmless

not that I believe Iran did so to avoid harm

they likely thought of it as target practice

It's hard to say what this is all about. But it was unmanned, so no one died from this. It's just a thing, a surveillance tool.

If the leader of Iran finds a listening device in his office which had planted by the CIA, if he destroys that device, is that a major provocation?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So much for how Trump was a hope for less war, as well as how much of a genius he is in shooting down a deal that was working.

How come such a liar has so much support?

Audie

Veteran Member
So much for how Trump was a hope for less war, as well as how much of a genius he is in shooting down a deal that was working.

How come such a liar has so much support?

Is this a rhetorical q or is the intent
to ask for opinions / insight?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Ah, four legs good, two legs bad.

Life is simple when you have a binary
good guys v bad guys situation.
I'm a little skeptical of republican hawks doing a replay of the Iraq war. War drums for election/political reasons.
None of these 'attacks' warrant a war.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah, four legs good, two legs bad.

Life is simple when you have a binary
good guys v bad guys situation.
He forgot about Lyndon Johnson.
Good reason to not trust hawks isn't that they're more
honest than peaceniks...they're just more dangerous.